[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ how do I get into weapons development? I know its a pipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1450608948672.jpg (85 KB, 600x859) Image search: [Google]
1450608948672.jpg
85 KB, 600x859
/k/ how do I get into weapons development?

I know its a pipe dream, but I want to essentially make weapons similar to the Iron Man suit. Realistically, I'd like to learn mechanical engineering, coding, related to develop weapons systems independently or with a small team. I know no one can do the job alone but I'd like to be somewhat independent or come up with original ideas.

Do I begin in the library? Or perhaps at a University? I'm 19 years old, not many resources, coding apps in Java to make ends meet, but working on a project right now that should generate steady revenue (meaning I can afford an apartment, food, etc).
>>
File: 1447881130040.png (148 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1447881130040.png
148 KB, 600x900
>>
>>28268764
>what is college

Someone /thread me please
>>
>>28268900
>checked
/thread
>>
>>28268900
/thread
>>
http://g.sicp.me/books/
Get to reading, bitch nigga
>>
>>28268900
Yeah, that's pretty much the only right answer.
>>
>>28268764
College is where you stand your best chance of building a network of people connected to industry. Look for internships and jobs. You have to be proactive. I should also mention that location is key. You have to go somewhere with a fair amount of opportunities big cities or places with industry are usually rife with the kind of people thag you're looking for. Lastly, you're major in college is important but your skill and compotence will also be essential to separate you from the pack. Do anything that might earn you distinction. Joining a branch like the AF or Navy might help give you an edge though don't quote me on that one.
>>
>>28268900
/thread
>>
>>28268900
>Someone /thread me please

I wish all the faggots who /thread themselves could see just how much classier your post was than their own.
>>
>>28268764
You'd start by getting good grades in science and biology, then aim for work at the MIT Touch Lab.

Haptics are what makes exoskeletons and prosthetic work, and the MIT haptics program is the best in the world.

After you punch your ticket there you have a pick between Ekso in Cali and Cyberdyne in Japan.
>>
>>28268764
>weapons development
>pipe dream
CARLOS
>>
File: Iron Carlos.jpg (46 KB, 321x485) Image search: [Google]
Iron Carlos.jpg
46 KB, 321x485
>>28269438
>>28269343
Thanks for the legitimate advice anon, will start looking into it.
>>
>>28269676
>waiting for my hugbox to get me what I wanna hear after the answer has been established just because I'm a cutesy speshul snowflake who DESUUUUURVES speshul treatment

4chan fucking sucks now
>>
>>28270020
Has 4chan ever not sucked?

The best you can do on here is be the least autistic. Been that way ever since I stumbled across this site in 2009.
>>
>>28268900
where the fuck else would you learn 2 engineering?
>>
Every weapon system worth note nowadays is so go damn complicated that every piece of a sub system requires a team of designers
You may as well learn to suck dick really well
>>
>>28268764
>I want to make the iron man suit
You and everyone else
>I'd like to learn mechanical engineering
Go to college for mechanical engineering. I don't know your financial situation but most likely this will suck for you, as student loans are predatory at best.

Good luck anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.