[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Britain decided to relive it's colonial past and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: england_empire.png (49 KB, 589x320) Image search: [Google]
england_empire.png
49 KB, 589x320
What if Britain decided to relive it's colonial past and take back it's empire.

Working their way through their former colonies one by one.

Who would beat back the British?
Who would we see under British rule once again?
>>
>>28265254
North America and the East would wreck them
>>
File: KkTLC0t.gif (281 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
KkTLC0t.gif
281 KB, 600x940
>>28265254
>>
>>28265254

US, Canada,jizzreal, Australia and India could All successfully stop a conventional invasion.
>>
They could maybe conquer the African governments, then stay there a couple months until they ran out of money. Everyone else is a definite no except maybe canada
>>
I am offended they include Alaska in territories owned at one point by them even when they owned the colonies they didn't own Alaska
>>
>>28265548
It's part of america, Captain autism
>>
They wouldn't even be able to take and hold their former African colonies.

In the age where it was spears versus guns, sure, but now they would field armored cars against RPG's. The relative advantage is not as great today.
>>
Chinabro here, you have no idea I want them to try to take back Hong Kong. If my people sacrifice themselves to wipe the Bongs off the map, it would be worth it.
>>
>>28265566
so they're just including land they never owned to make themselves seem more powerful?
You never see maps of the Roman Empire including whole modern day countries.
>>
File: 1421358389190.jpg (149 KB, 634x802) Image search: [Google]
1421358389190.jpg
149 KB, 634x802
>>28265254
They'd be stopped right at Ireland.
>>
South African /k/omrade here. Shit british rule might actually be better than the corrupt shits in charge now.

Not sure how much I'm spitting in the faces of my ancestors who fought the brits by saying that though
>>
>>28265629

Hong Kong isn't Chinese
>>
>>28265866
you're jacking off on their grave.
they would rather you take care of your government yourself than have another nation come and fix it for you
>>
Implying with the exception of the USA the ex-colonies wouldn't be better off under British rule.
>>
>>28265629
But British rule would be better for Hong Kong than PRC rule.

Way better.
>>
>>28266023
Canada has better fun rights than Bongistan.
>>
The strength of the British Empire was never in its military but in its trade companies. At the height of the Empire we had the biggest and best trained navy and the fastest and most organised merchant fleet in the world, which let us control global trade.

The old Empire would never be feasible in the modern capitalist world. British military was too weak back then and is even more so now.
>>
>>28265866
Depends.
>pre collapse british government
yes.
>modern british government
fuck no.

>>28265254
expansionist ambition is a very big no no at the moment since the UN, NATO, US, China, Russia are all trying to stop anyone getting into shit.

Shit, russia took a tiny spit of land filled with ethnic russians and half the world lost it's shit for months.

America destroyed the British empire, and it will cockblock any other empires as long as it can.

>>28265629
>best part of china
>because it was run by the british for 100 years
>they continue to protest modern chinese government because of british freedom influence
calm down jackie
>>
>>28265653
Th type of people who create these sorts of maps are only interested in the bare minimum of historical research. Of course they're not going to actually map out actual territories, that would be too much like hard work and actual integrity.
>>
>>28266185
The fact that it's using modern borders makes it practically irrelivent by default.
As you say though, it's catered for people who don't actually know anything about it.
>>
>>28266235

If you actually mapped the parts of America where there were actual British colonies it'd be waaaay less impressive.
>>
>>28266082
>Better gun rights than bongistan
>Acting like that's difficult/uncommon
>>
>>28265254
They would all fight back except maybe India, though this is ignorance on my part India didnt have it as bad as other places. The worst hit country by the Brittish if you ask me would be Ireland. I mean some Irish are still sore over the shit the Brittish did and got away with and theres no other place some Brittish hate more than Ireland .
>>
>>28266350

The Irish are just whingy little fucks, they probably blame the rain on us too.

India had it way worse, read up on salt taxes. They also felt the full dick of the British Crown armies and East India armies. Ireland was a skirmish by comparison.
>>
>>28266431
Ireland still, to this day, doesn't have the population it had before the British caused that famine.

>inb4 we can't control crop blights
>inb4 ignoring the fact that there had been like 20 similar crop blights in the last 50 years, and none of those turned into famines because the British were smart enough to close the ports
>>
>>28265629
Niger how the fuck did you get on this website?
>>
>>28265254
Namibia was never under direct British rule, shit map
>>
>>28266448

>muh potatoes
>>
>>28266645
>Holodomor a country
>expect them not to be mad

This is exactly why we revolted.
>>
>>28266653

You were already pretty revolting 2bh
>>
>>28266653
Revolt was the reason britain was so reluctant to go all out in aid.
>>
>>28266350

Muhh heritage Amerilard spotted

Let me guess your great great grandfathers cousin came from Ireland so you're like completely 1/3 Irish
>>
>>28266273
Everything east of the Mississippi except Florida and louisiana with claims on Washington and Oregon isn't bsd
>>
>>28266701
Wait, is the word filter still on?

desu baka senpai
>>
>>28266766

It's only cuck that changed

>bignosedman.jpg
>>
>>28265254
They'd get their shit pushed in so badly the Falklands would be Argentinian Malvinas again.
>>
File: 1341836666044.jpg (47 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
1341836666044.jpg
47 KB, 750x450
>>28265254
>Who would beat back the British?

Obviously, the UK wouldn’t be able to conquer the U.S.

Australia, Canada, India and Egypt are also too large and/or powerful to for them to defeat and the British also probably couldn’t defeat South Africa or Pakistan without taking unacceptable losses.
>>
File: _20151220_232144.jpg (110 KB, 1077x662) Image search: [Google]
_20151220_232144.jpg
110 KB, 1077x662
Reminder that this the Canadian navy

THIS is what opposes a British landing

Bahahahahah
>>
>>28266900
Don't forget that the USN is likely going to aid their favorite hat over invading limeys.
>>
>>28266922

>implying a stylish derby or top hat wouldn't be better than one of those stupid ear flap things
>>
>>28265254
No chance in Hell of ever getting South Africa back, let alone India, the Gulf states, Australia, etc.

NZ wouldn't fight and who cares about africa
>>
>>28266855
Egypt is in the shit, Britain could easily rek their conventional military.
>>
>>28267136

Australia is a small pussy military us Brits would wreck them
>>
>>28265254
>>28266350
Pakistan alone would probably fucking destroy the Brits.

Pakistan would just send a call to the Muslims in the UK and have them start chimping out. War is now over before it even began. UK now loses Scotland and Whales, and London is a fucking warzone.
>>
File: stop, i'll pee.jpg (8 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
stop, i'll pee.jpg
8 KB, 236x214
>>28267722
>Pakistan
>defeating Britain
>>
>>28268580
>London Muslims go on rampage
>No-gunz UKeks unable to defend themselves
>Country gets attacked as Swedish and German Caliphate declares UK racist and kaffir and calls for Jihad
>Corbyn and the other liberals soon join the Fifth Column declare a communist rebellion against UKekistan

It is far more believable than OPs picture ever coming true again.
>>
>>28266431
The two Boer republics also got a massive part or Britain's military dick during the Second Boer War
>>
>>28270396

>dat spelling "kaffir" and not the usual "kufar"

Fellow South Africa bro?
>>
File: washington.jpg (41 KB, 340x145) Image search: [Google]
washington.jpg
41 KB, 340x145
Things the sun will set on today:
>the british empire
>>
>>28270472
You know it's spelled كافر, right? Transliteration is always an exercise in jerking off people who transliterate the way you do, even for languages where it's completely standardized.
>>
File: image.jpg (956 KB, 1905x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
956 KB, 1905x2000
>>28265254
Hundreds of years in the making, Washington's plan to take over the UK and impose tea taxes will finally come to fruition
>>
>>28265254
>Who would we see under British rule once again?

Literally no one,as soon as they tried it on a non-African country they'd get their shit kicked in and it would all fall apart.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.