[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/ I've been thinking about putting together a "car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (27 KB, 257x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27 KB, 257x1500
So /k/ I've been thinking about putting together a "car kit" and could use some advice. Bear in mind this isn't an urban survival setup. I'm not prepping for an unlikely scenario where i'm going to war with gangsters in the hood like the punisher. More like an "oh shit my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and I may be stuck here for a couple days and there have been black bear and mountain lion sightings close to here recently" kind of situation.
(1) What would be the better combo? long gun in 22 and handgun of higher caliber or 22 handgun and higher caliber long gun? Or should both weapons be of same caliber?
(2) Must be relatively inexpensive and rugged as it will be packed into the trunk of a vehicle for emergency purposes. It'll likely sit in the trunk of a vehicle for most of a lifetime with little cleaning or usage. I was thinking maybe a break action long gun and revolver? Opinions?
(3) If higher caliber long gun is the better choice would a rifle or a shotgun be better? or a combo gun maybe?
>>
>>28261522
Mosin
Makarov

Not that hard. Still cheap, still effective.
>>
>>28261529
/thread
>>
>>28261522
I'd say some sort of lever action in .45-70 and whatever is a cheaper non-taurus made .357 revolver you can find.
>>
>>28261529
I honestly wouldn't trust 7.62x54r with bears and mountain lions. There is a reason guide guns and other rifles used by people dealing with big game n shit do not always go with a full length rifle in a regular rifle caliber. Needs more boolit
>>
>>28261522
12 gauge works for everything. Keep it full of slugs, pack a lil bit of everything, ammo-wise, in case you are starving and need a bird or whatever. Might as well get a pump, grease the thing so it doesn't rust. Probably throw some aerosol lube in with everything else. Don't forget to get some novelty rounds.

For a handgun, get whatever you can conceal, in your expected clothing, then carry it everyday, everywhere, and practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>28261559
>I honestly wouldn't trust 7.62x54r with bears and mountain lions.
really? a 357 magnum can stop either. you think 7.62x54r couldn't?
>>
>>28261658
I believe he was going for "I don't want a full length mosin" but it was very poorly articulated
>>
>>28261674
Yup.
>>
>>28261693
m38
bullpup stock
>>
>>28261674
M44 mosin and soft tip ammo.
>>
>>28261713
Eww
>>
>>28261742
bullpup a shit. but m38 or m44 are good
>>
File: 1368509546471.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1368509546471.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
>>28261522
9mm pistol, cash to tip a tow truck driver, bottled water and some power bars.

>car breaks down in united states
>guess I better resort to hunter gatherer mode
Even if you break down in western montana youre not going to be dying of starvation any time soon. This thread is dumb and you should feel bad OP
>>
>>28261807
Well OP could be in Alaska or even Canada (prob not he latter though) at which point he could genuinely be fucked. Although you're , most of the US, as long as you stay by the road, within a day or two youll probabky be found assuming its not some backroad. Also he's not talking hunter-gatherer mode. He just wants to be able to defend himself from bear and moose n shit.
>>
>>28261832
>Defend self against mooses/bears
>first question involves 22lr
OP is as dumb as a sack of bricks
>>
>>28261807
a blanket or jacket would be good too. maybe extra socks and underwear. not like they take up a lot of space.
and some basic car repair shit. jack, lug nut wrench, etc if you have a spare tire

hell even jumper cables. my dad made it a point to have jumper cables in everyone's car so all you needed was someone else with a vehicle if you needed a jump. they have these little USB battery things that can self-jump you now too not to mention having a USB battery/extra batteries for your phone is a good idea
>>
>>28261522

I don't know the laws in your state, but here in Ky it's legal to keep loaded guns in your car, even without a CCL. However, it must be in a container that's part of the original car (glove box, trunk, center console, etc.)

that being said, here's my car kit IRL

>glove box
>FNS 9mm, OWB holster, OWB mag holder x2 mags, flashlight, first-aid kit
>trunk
>mossberg 500, bandoleer sling and ammo rack on buttstock
>flashlight, and a first response bag
>FRB is full of shotgun shells, and serious level first aid
>Israeli bandages, quick clot. CAT tourniquets, decompression needle, tracheotomy kit, IV taps, saline bags, ADB pads and sports tape
>more importantly, I am Army CLS, and civilian First Aid, First Responder, CPR, AED trained

also in car

>a 24 pack of water
>2 boxes of calorie bars
>fire kit
>candles
>reflector vest, road reflectors
>electric lantern, large flashlight
>road flares
>flare gun and flares
>MILAR emergency blanket
>extra pair of socks, jeans, shirt, jacket, shoes
>duct tape and basic tool set
>oil, coolent, line repair kit, tire repair kit, full sized spare
>>
>>28261636
I second this.

I keep a cheap Mossman 500 with a pistol grip in my trunk for..well anything I would need a gun for. I'ts cheap, its versatile, and its small enough to sit in the corner of my trunk without getting in the way or taking up too much space.
>>
>>28261842
The inuit would hunt Caribou, live deep innawoods, and help patrol much of Alaska and Canada to keep it safe from foreign invaders coming from the pacific for much of the earlier 1900s armed with nothing but a garand and a 22 pistol. A lot of them still live that way today. Supposedly they were fucking surgeons with the 22 pistol.
>>
>>28261832
From Appalachian Mountains actually. A lot of cell phone dead zones around here if you go anywhere outside of the more heavily populated areas which I do from time to time. Not sure if any of you motherfuckers have much exposure with hillbillies but a lot of them are junkies and they'll cut you just to steal the car manual from your car so they can sell it on ebay for $5 to buy half a Xanax. Not to mention mountain lions and black bears are around here. More than anything there are goddamn coyotes everywhere. The point of this thread however was to build a "nothing specific" kit that can ride in my car for a lifetime. Should I ever find myself in the wilderness of Appalachia and have to fend off pillbillies and coyotes or maybe some day drive up to Maine and "oh shit there,'s Bigfoot" or even "fuck me im trapped in the nigger part of town and theyre already looking at me. i'm gonna need extra firepower".
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.