[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying m1 carbine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: m1 carbines.jpg (206 KB, 1500x528) Image search: [Google]
m1 carbines.jpg
206 KB, 1500x528
Need you guys' help! I'm looking to get myself m1. I'm going for either inland or plainfield. How many carbine bros are out there? I need to know the reliability (not buying GI). Also how well do the 15 and 30 rounders work on them?
>m1 carbine thread
>>
>>28261315
inland is GI
>>
Do you think it's worth it?
>ammo not as plentiful
>30 cal
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pic related is my 1943 Inland! :)
>>
>>28261328
So should I go Plainfield? Any reccomendations?
>>28261353
How easily is it to get ammo
>inb4 i can't get it shipped easily to state
>>
>>28261360
How do you like it?
>>
>>28261385

It's so fun to shoot. Perfect amount of kick, sounds awesome, and it's soooooo smooth when charging the bolt. Fuck.

Makes me wish I had this femanon do a lewd about my M1 instead of my BCM http://vocaroo.com/i/s16YW0Suy9xv
>>
>>28261413
Thanks for the input, anon.
Deff looking into inland a bit more now.
>>
>>28261463

Why would you NOT want a Inland?
>>
File: sentry take down.jpg (44 KB, 287x500) Image search: [Google]
sentry take down.jpg
44 KB, 287x500
>>28261485
I don't know much about carbines. I know Inlands are about 600ish in MA (where I am), and I'm interested in purchasing one so I asked /k/ for help =\
>>
>>28261918
$600 is a decent price for a carbine. most 30 round mags you find are not going to be that good/reliable. the best mags are original GI mags.

theres no reason to not get a m1 carbine. low recoil, good firepower, light and handy. its basically shooting a 357 magnum bullet
>>
Are there pointed bullets for .30 carbine?
>>
What about auto ordinance ones? If that's the same thing plz no bully
>>
>>28261965
>$600 is a decent price for a carbine
Wtf really?
They're around 300 euros here.
>>
>>28261315
There is no reason not to buy USGI. With aftermarket you dont know if they will have parts interoperability. If anything breaks thats usgi you can easily get a replacement.

With regard to 15 and 30 rounders. I have 10 usgi 15 rounders and have never had a problem with them. If you do buy a usgi carbine you will have to look at the clip latch to see if it can use 30 rounders. The earlier m1 carbine clip latches are not compatible with the 30 rounders
>I have 3 30 rounders I cant use because of this.
You can always swap the clip latch for a later one though.
>>28264264
A non mixmaster inland is usually around 800+ here

Mixmasters I would do 500-700 depending on parts.

>>28263079
.30 carbine is round nose. I am sure you could reload with some 'pointed' if you can find them.

>>28261918
Generally you can find a pretty good mixmaster m1 carbine for cheap. Beware of the blue skys though. Some of them got bent barrels from the import stamping too hard.
>>
>>28264636
>Mixmasters I would do 500-700 depending on parts.
Versions like the IBM are always mixmasters.

Pretty crazy that M1 carbines are that much cheaper in Europe than in America.
>>
>>28264636
Wow, thanks for the help guy. Big time!
>>
>>28264706
Certain manufacturers did not make all of their own parts is correct. Those are not considered mixmaster. Mixmaster are those + others which have had parts swappage all over the place during service and numerous upgrades like flip safetys and type 3 barrel bands.

>>28264706
The M1 carbine got sent to many countries like the m1 after world war 2. It was more cost effective to leave shit in europe.

Some guy stationed at a base in germany found a few crates of m1 carbine mags. They were new rewrapped mags. He must have gotten them for pennies. He was selling them for 10-20$ each depending on markings and had like 500 a create. There is shit loads of usgi stuff in europe you just have to find it.
>>
>>28261361
I smell a NY fag
>>
>>28263079
>calls spitzer rounds "pointy bullets"
>does this using a trip

At least I can filter you now.
>>
>>28264796
>There is shit loads of usgi stuff in europe you just have to find it.
Like what?
Honest question, I'm on the verge of setting up a collection in the EU with US guns from Vietnam, and Russian guns from Afghanistan.
>>
>>28264942
MA, not as faggish
>still AWB
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.