[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are bullpups' triggers so mushy? Is it necessary by design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Rockos-Modern-Life-11.jpg (131 KB, 1003x768) Image search: [Google]
Rockos-Modern-Life-11.jpg
131 KB, 1003x768
Why are bullpups' triggers so mushy? Is it necessary by design?
>>
>Is it necessary by design
yes
>>
>>28250350
Increased distance from the actual trigger to the sear necessitates increased mechanical travel, which means all bullpup triggers will have a mile-long first stage.
>>
>>28250350

>>28250466 No. >>28250532 has a point, it will require more precise machining to make a crisp trigger- and that costs time and money, plus there's no guarantee that it won't wear and become mushy.
>>
You could have a pullpup be tight as fuck but it would either be a) heavy or b) fragile. It is an unfortunate fact that long things are flexible things.

The coolest would be a target trigger and sear hooked up to a solenoid striker fire. I get hard just thinking about it.
>>
>>28250548 No.
>>
More pieces in the trigger mechanism means more areas for slack. It's similar to "stacking tolerances" where a little error in several pieces adds up to a big error as a whole.

Also the longer a material is the easier it is to compress. Sorry, can't remember what formula that is, physics was too long ago.

No it's not necessary by design, it can easily be worked around by placing the sear. The Kel Tec RFB does this. The sear goes right up by the trigger, and the connecting bar simply holds the hammer back.
>>
File: 585.jpg (110 KB, 960x674) Image search: [Google]
585.jpg
110 KB, 960x674
>>28250532
the range isn't really a problem for me. It's the break

Pulling the trigger on most bullpups feels like I'm squeezing bubblewrap. I need a crisp break, damnit!
>>
>>28251283
I think the RFB would be much better off if it ejected its brass normally. All that extra shit to move the casing around is dumb as fuck
>>
>>28250350
trigger linkage
>>
>>28251379
that ejection port remains open 24/7 all the problems of an open bolt gun with none o the benefits
>>
File: Kel-tec RFB6.jpg (18 KB, 650x250) Image search: [Google]
Kel-tec RFB6.jpg
18 KB, 650x250
>>28251379
It's not really a great deal more complicated than normal, just a big grabby extractor and an extra piece so that the spring can act on the extractor

>>28251429
Not "all" the problem but yeah it could be done better. Maybe a tiny port in the gas system to clear the ejection tube each time it fires. Or a dust cover with a strong as hell spring, on a flat surface so that mud doesn't get caught. The FS2000 has a dust cover but it's recessed so I don't think it would fare much better against mud
>>
>>28250561
that's a really good idea actually.
>>
>>28250561
technically you can, but the ATF would send the party van to your house though as they consider anything fired electronically / remotely as a machine gun.

>IB4 HUUR no they wont it's semi

To those they claim that since it is electronic you can mod it to fire more then one round per trigger pull
>>
>>28254324
But you can mod most guns to be full fun if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>28254348
I think its related to the fact that its harder to time a full auto so most people arent competent enough to convertt a semi to full, where with electronic you could setup a simple timer relay to cycle at a specific rounds per minuet and not wory about timing as it could be adjusted with a simple pot resistor till it functioned.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.