[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, i won this rifle in a raffle the other day and i pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dsc_48293.jpg (138 KB, 1024x298) Image search: [Google]
dsc_48293.jpg
138 KB, 1024x298
hey guys, i won this rifle in a raffle the other day and i pick it up monday
is it a decent rifle? or should i trade it in for a handgun or something when i pick it up, as the only thing i have atm is a .22 revolver, and i already have a good lever action rifle
>pic related
>>
It is a fine bare bones rifle
>>
I'm sure it's worth what you paid for it.
>>
>>28107531
it was $20 dollar raffle ticket
>>
>>28107525
I can't tell the caliber, but I'd say to keep it. Depending on cal it'd probably make a fine durr gun. The only thing I hear that's possibly better than that in a similar price range is a savage with an accu-trigger, but that thing should be fine.

>pro tip: Get a good optic from a trusted brand for that caliber, try different ammo weights and companies, see what it likes.
>>
>>28107547
Also if you can.
>get an accu-trigger. It's like sex for your index finger.
>>
>>28107525
Not bad. What caliber?

Also, before putting a scope on, make sure those bases are torqued down properly. I have encountered loose ones on Rugays, Savages, and Marlins (Don't bother with those fucking XL7's or whatever they are called, complete garbage). Otherwise you may not be able to properly zero the rifle. With properly torqued bases, decent rings and anything better than the most junky of junk scopes you are pretty much good to go.

I'd recommend

Vortex Viper 3-9x, and in fact ditch the bases entirely for a DNZ single piece mount. They make good stuff.
>>
>>28107525

The americans are fucking awesome rifles, I've got a ,308 predator and get inch and less groups all day.
>>
>>28107585
its a .270
>>
>>28107634
Sounds like you're good to go senpai
>>
>>28107525

I have one too, OP.

I own some rifles in the $3000+ range, and to be quite honest, plinking away with the 270 and 22LR Rugers is the most enjoyable for me.

I don't feel guilty at all, they're a breeze to keep clean, and I simply love 'em

Congrats, too. I've never won a single thing in my entire life. I was 1 of 1 to enter for a $20,000 sweepstakes one time, and still lost.
>>
Shot a moose with one in Maine, hit perfectly at about 150 yards. It's a fine rifle
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.