[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good light gun you could shove in a survival bag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
What's a good light gun you could shove in a survival bag? Thinking the AR-7 looks like a nice design.

But at the same time I'm wondering if it really has many advantages over other takedown models, and if .22 lr would really be enough for survival innawoods.
>>
File: Marlin 39A & 39M.jpg (92 KB, 1141x856) Image search: [Google]
Marlin 39A & 39M.jpg
92 KB, 1141x856
Sadly the AR-7s tend to be pretty damn fucking shitty.
There's a fair bit of handy lil single or double shot rifles, like the Chiappa Badger.
Good light takedown survivalist semiauto are fairly rare.

But personally, I wouldn't bother. In most cases, a pistol would serve you better.
Or maybe something like a Marlin 39A or if you can find one a 39M? It's 6.5 lbs though.
>>
>>28099210
Too bad putting a stock on a pistol is 2spooky for the regular American to do.
>>
Lelkek sub2k
>>
>>28099129
The Ruger 10/22 has a takedown model now.

It is certainly not optimal, but the .22 LR has been used to kill almost everything on the planet. Don't misunderestimate it.
>>
Anyone know of any takedown .410 survival shotguns? Seems like that would be more versatile than a .22.
>>
File: MarlinMountie39A.jpg (193 KB, 864x550) Image search: [Google]
MarlinMountie39A.jpg
193 KB, 864x550
>>28099266
>Lelkek sub2k

Dat shitty barrel life though.

>>28099285
>The Ruger 10/22 has a takedown model now.

4.6 lbs. Not bad.
>>
>>28099129
>looks nice

Thought so too, then I held one. It feels like a nerf toy that if I squeeze too hard I'll break. The plastic is cheap kind and its hollow.

Ruger takedown 10/22 is solid and proven, though I wouldn't recommend buying a .22 at the moment. Retards are still gouging ammo prices.
>>
>>28099129
It is unusually fat, not unusable but enough that it is funky feeling to shoot. In terms of compactness it still wins (whether you actually need it that compact is up to you) and if you buy a recent one they made several design changes that make it a much better rifle than what they used to be.

>>28099386
Yeah it does feel a bit chintzy but that parts that are important seem to work well enough.
>tfw .22 went back to normal a year ago for me
Feels good mag.
>>
>>28099337
the m6 aircrew survival weapon
two barrels, one is .410, the other .22
>>
>>28099485
>m6 aircrew survival weapon

They cost way too much for what they are, if you can even find one. He's better off with a Chiappa Badger.
>>
>>28099285
>Don't misunderestimate it.
I resemble that remark.
>>
File: Papoose-Rifle-01[1].jpg (341 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
Papoose-Rifle-01[1].jpg
341 KB, 666x500
>>28099129

Marlin Papoose, got mine for $280, added a 10rd magazine and a $12 tasco scope. Put about 600 rounds through it already and only had one jam which cleared itself after I removed the magazine.

Want to eventually get some more modifications like pic related (especially dat tripod). Unfortunately the scope loses zero every time you break the rifle down and put it back together, so packing a laser sight is kinda necessary unless you want to waste a few shots adjusting it. If I move to Oregon I'll add a silencer.
>>
File: 22.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1920) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1920
>>28099129
Yes, it feels cheap. It jams easily. Holding it at a slight angle lets the cases eject properly. The one plus though is it all fits in the stock and gets air tight. Relatively accurate. If you find one for cheap enough I'd get it. Everything about this thing feels off though. It would be good for a childs first rifle since its so light and seems made for short arms. Very easy and quick to assemble/disassemble too. Just watch the cross threading which is easy with the barrel. If I wasn't clear, dont get unless it's for shits and giggles/childs first rifle and cheap <150.
>>
File: papoosesimmonsscopeincase[1].jpg (35 KB, 727x600) Image search: [Google]
papoosesimmonsscopeincase[1].jpg
35 KB, 727x600
>>28099603

also, it all packs up neatly into a little bag and the stock is hollow so you can store extra mags, cartridges, compass, etc. in it.
>>
>>28099129

they need high quality ammo or they will jam every other shot. don't even think about loading it with hollow points
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.