[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy sks >put about a hundred rounds through it >leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: IMAG0043.jpg (1007 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0043.jpg
1007 KB, 2688x1520
>buy sks
>put about a hundred rounds through it
>leave town for three months
>come back to this
How fix?
>>
File: IMAG0045.jpg (952 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0045.jpg
952 KB, 1520x2688
>>28097766
Bumping with more angles
>>
Clean it with solvent and gun oil. Use liberal amounts of both. Same thing happened with my Jungle Carbine
>>
File: IMAG0046.jpg (1004 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0046.jpg
1004 KB, 2688x1520
>>28097767
>>
>>28097767
Permanent damage usually, if you get some low grit sandpaper and rub it for about five minutes on each square inch while switching to fresh pieces after that just oil and your fine.
>>
File: IMAG0044.jpg (985 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0044.jpg
985 KB, 1520x2688
>>28097779
>>
>>28097786
bro, thats surface rush, a fuckin brass brush with oil will remove all that shit
>>
>>28097766
do you live in a rain forest or in the middle of the Atlantic ocean?
>>
Mine try turning to that in one week because the humidity is so high in this house. One got so bad it pitted on the receiver and I couldn't fix it all the way. I got gun safe and a large bag of those beads that dehydrate the air and absorb moisture and put a dehumidifier in the room the safe is in. It helps to prevent it but the damage done is damage done unfortunately.
>>
File: Jtm3HOE.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Jtm3HOE.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>28097766
jesus christ do you live next to a fucking ocean?

i go months without cleaning my guns, even then im too lazy to clean the barrel half the time and just do a wipe down
>>
I still feel bad for not cleaning my Makarov since i first shit it in June, but then again it's a Makarov, and I only put like 80 rounds throught it just to function test it, and it was decent commercial ammo

Usually I clean my guns within a week of shooting them, or if it's my nugget the same day since I shoot surplus, and one time even though I cleaned it the same day, I let it sit for like 6 months and found slight rust powder in the barrel, but I'm not really worried a bout it, just cleaned it out and stuck it back in the closet

OP I'm confused as hell as to how that happened, especially since I thought the finish on the bolt of an SKS would be more resistant to rust than any of the other parts
>>
>>28097766
It's just surface rust.

Go get some oil and a brush.
>>
CHEAP COROSIVE SURPLUS AMMO
>>
>>28097766
how's the bore?
>>
>>28099666
Whoa satan who said you could talk?
>>
>>28099583
you shit a gun?
>>
>>28097766
>apply oil directly on rust
>let oil be there while cleaning other parts with a rag
>get a brass brush and rub rust off
>finish off and wipe with a rag

seriously, have you ever cleaned a gun?
>>
>>28097766
Yours isn't even that bad, mine was fucked this spring.
>>
>grab keys
>put rifle in car
>drive to nearest gun store
>offer the rifle to the store owner for free
>get on your knees
>chant 'i am not worthy of owning a gun' 50 times
>leave and go back to reddit.
>>
>>28099666

>not shooting surplus ammo out of a surplus gun

it would be like putting 93 octane in a honda civic to use anything expensive. unless youre hunting or using an SKS in a competition for some reason you should be shooting surplus out of com block surplus guns.
>>
>>28104048
>using surplus 7.62x39 as target ammo
unless you're a syrupnigger I'm fairly sure you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
CLP and AP brush.
>>
>>28104314
I'm also fairly sure you cant read

>unless youre hunting or using an SKS in a competition
>>
>>28104899
holy shit are you illiterate or retarded? WHY WOULD YOU USE SURPLUS AMMO WHEN IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NEW MANUFACTURE SLAV SHIT?
>>
>>28097836
Lucky you, I live in the tropics and have seen guns develop surface rust overnight.
>>
>>28097766
Time to get scrubbing, OP.

For storage, clean your gun if you plan on taking a break from shooting for a while. Then apply a little oil to a rag and rub it down. You don't need much. Don't store it wrapped in cloth or against other stuff that holds moisture. If this fails, get a safe or foam lined case with o-ring seal.
>>
>>28106828
>tfw cocoa beach FL

Luckily I keep mine in my dehumidified, temperature controlled room.
>>
>>28106819

except it isnt anon. yugo surplus 762x39 runs about 15 cents/round vs. new production slav ammo like golden tiger is about 25 cents/round. you should do your research before you get asspained, sperg out, and call people retards.
>>
Hit it with gun oil on 0000 wool and after you wipe everything down apply a wax to help protect it. I recommend the British museum wax used to preserve historical items.
>>
>>28106819
>I have never made any attempt to find better deals for a product in my life
FTFY.
>>
>>28099583
Did you clean with hot water?
>>
>>28097797
This.
>>28097809
If he was sweating at all while shooting it then it's not surprising.
>>
>>28106918
Fun surfing there. Still carry on the beach though. Too much sketch
>>
>>28107689
>>28107835
It hasn't been cheaper than new production for years. I think last year it was $.24/round, but it hangs around $.30/round now.

Unless you can link me some magical store where $.15/round 7.62x39 exists, you're full of shit.
>>
Froglube. The only lube you'll ever need.
>>
>>28097766
WD40 + sand paper

take it down
>put wd40
>leave for a night
>next day gently pass the sand paper over the >rust
>clean
>pass oil(not WD40) over it to avoid rust again
>>
>>28097766
how humid is your house? i lived in a bathroom for 3 months and my guns got some rust from showering but not even that much.
>>
>>28097766
I live in Hawaii and share your pain, coastal, corrosive air experiencing brother.
>>
>>28110220
>lived in a bathroom
Story time, anon. Also I used to keep a pistol in my car for a few months until I noticed some slight surface rust. Never again.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.