[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think its finally done. I've been mapping bases and l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: TURK AB copy.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1950) Image search: [Google]
TURK AB copy.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1950
I think its finally done. I've been mapping bases and last known unit deployments in the Turkey/Syrian conflict zone. I used Open source stuff like globalsecurity.org, militarybases.com, and up to date conflict news. I also included airport codes where applicable.Let me know if a larger resolution is needed or to explain any of the shorthand I used.

Feel free to use as a template for tracking more dynamic events like attacks or troop movements.
>>
>>28093434
Thanks OP. You could also probably fit a key in the Med if you want to.
>>
File: TURK AB large.jpg (3 MB, 5400x3900) Image search: [Google]
TURK AB large.jpg
3 MB, 5400x3900
>>28093484
showing the letter shorthand? The colours are pretty self-explanatory.

Also 300 DPI version
>>
>>28093434
I have no idea what this means but I will appreciate having to have these maps broken down for me like I'm retarded in future ME threads.
>>
>>28093723
military bases- mainly airbases
>>
AFBs in Çorlu, Bandırma, Batman, Dalaman, Akhisar, Yalova, Kocaeli are missing on your map
>>
>>28094415
Gave up on the ones that I could find no information on. There were UNKNOWNs crowding the bases with listed units so I'm guessing they're open but unoccupied by military traffic. If I hear anything else I'll add it.

There actually is some others I intentionally left out. Particularly in Syria. In Latakia and Homs I listed only the Russian stuff I've been tracking and not the Syrian nits normally based there. Theres also a number of fields left out since there was just no room. Syria spreads their shit all over on smaller airfields. Like Turkey but I had room for all that.
>>
Impressive

Once China's Navy arrives, the green will be most numerous.
>>
What about that russian-run site, militarymaps info or what it's called
>>
File: NanaNanaNanaNana.png (85 KB, 426x371) Image search: [Google]
NanaNanaNanaNana.png
85 KB, 426x371
noice. Curious... What sparked the desire to do this? Something from another thread?
>>
>>28096658
Just me being a OC sperglord, though I was influenced by incident map, RSOE EDIS, and Livemap.

There is a website and forum called defconwarningsystem.com that I frequent. No tinfoil tolerated geopolitics stuff- Everyone attempts to post open source internet, radio traffic, and sometimes firsthand accounts of international significance in regard to CONUS defense. They use the same 5-level threat level the military uses for its level of readiness- Only we go just on what info we can scrounge up.

IE- armchair generals with a strong bias AGAINST conjecture. Though truth be told- theres a narrow line between conjecture and educated guess at times.
>>
>>28093434
Why are NATO green and Russians red yet SAA and Iran are yellow?
>>
>>28093434
Ayyyy I can see my airbase on that map.
>>
>>28094591
The AFB in Bandirma is a main base, with 50 F-16s.

Batman is an UAV base

Çorlu is R&D base with utmost secrecy, they test newly developed UAVs and small planes there
Yalova is training base for Air Force Students
Kocaeli is for naval aviation
Van, Dalaman & Akhisar are back up bases with shorter runway. They will be avaliable in war time. Actually there couple reserve bases like this all around Turkey but I only know the ones close to where I live. Also there are some extremely wide highways without barriers in middle which can be turned into emergency runways.
>>
>>28093434
>>28093554

Cool work OP.
Just a small point. The military airbase in the North West of Syria (Idlib Province) is called Taftanaz and not Tafanaz.

Also, why didn't you include all of the Syrian military airbases? Is it because of the lack of space?
>>
>>28098666
pretty much yes. they space them all over- and consider them less important than the Russian stuff overall.

>>28097648
Yellow is just to differentiate between the Russian occupied bases. I kept the yellow with Iran since they're about as chummy with Russia.

>>28098220
AWESOME! But can you provide a source? I'd love to find a new place to lurk for info like this- one of the reasons I wanted to make the map.
>>
>>28098821
That base on the Bulgarian Black sea coast is Aitos,not ALtos.
>>
Cool, now stick this map into Falcon BMS so we can bomb the shit out of ISIS in a video game.
>>
>>28098895 >>28098666

Fixed. If/when I get some more information on >>28098220 or anything else I'll post the update. As I said in the thread where I originally posted this- feel free to save as an infographic or for use as a template for overlaying more dynamic things like shooting incidents- raid tracking, ect. I'll also start adding the date of the update to the image title.
>>
>>28098821
>>28099083
Danks OP, great work. Cheers.
>>
>>28099189
thanks

If anyone knows of sources for Iraqi bases let me know. I can mainly find US occupied bases during iraqi Freedom or historical references. I have no idea what Iraq has assembled at the moment or where. They will be marked in Blue like lebanon- as they've allowed Russian overflights of imbound air traffic from the Southern military district and occasional cruise missile fire missions but don't have a dog in the current fight-

Save to kick the Turks out of their territory.
>>
File: basemap 5-12-2015.jpg (3 MB, 5400x3900) Image search: [Google]
basemap 5-12-2015.jpg
3 MB, 5400x3900
Ok, I went and dug up enough on >>28098220
To verify and added keys.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.