[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effective is a length of pipe as a melee weapon? Between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1449265387816.jpg (64 KB, 423x600) Image search: [Google]
1449265387816.jpg
64 KB, 423x600
How effective is a length of pipe as a melee weapon? Between it and a pipe wrench, which would you least like to be hit in the face with?
>>
good luck hitting an adult size person in the face with your tiny little manlet arms
>>
>>28091291
>which would you least like to be hit in the face with?

The heavier one.

But in a fight the lighter one may be the one I'm more likely to get hit in the face with. And if you're getting clocked in the face here, either will probably get the job done.
>>
I think both would be about equally bad to be hit with, depending on what kind of pipe it is.

Given a nice heavy piece of steel, copper, or lead pipe, I think I'd rather use that than a pipe wrench. It's easier to handle, swing, and balance, a pipe wrench is actually pretty fucking awkward to swing around. (I have a bigass vintage one that was in the basement of my '30s house when I moved in, and I've tried.)
>>
File: image.gif (529 KB, 350x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
529 KB, 350x180
>>28091291
>Dat moe pic tho
A very effective blunt weapon OP, however it all depends on the material, but it usually can get the job done with brass and aluminum pipes. As long as your enemy isn't wearing a hard headwear, you could break jaws, cause concussions, fracture skulls, etc. Oh and head trauma and permanent brain damage (Result varies)
>>
>>28091291
Wrench, aluminum handle w/ steel jaws
All the weight out at the end
>>
>>28091336
I agree with anon here, pipe > pipe wrench. Pipes have an even distribution of weight and can be taken advantage for easy swings, a pipe wrench on the other hand, isn't very ergonomic and has a more top heavy weight. Both still swing hard to kill someone, though
>>
I'd hate to be hit by anything in the face.

But I'll smack my cock across your moms.
>>
>>28091419
Wrench is literally designed to fit a human hand
>>
>>28091430
Is that the only way you can get someone to heckle your koch?
>>
>Pipe Wrench
Heavier, harder to hit with, but you'll be doing a lot of damage with it. If someone is desperate enough to swing at you with a pipe wrench, chances are they're not thinking all that clearly, or angry or frenzied, and they'll take you out right quick. They're more likely to aim for your fucking face since it's short and heavy.

>Pipe
A pipe is a more sensible choice, especially if it's made of lead, copper, aluminum- anything common metal related. Depending on the pipe length, it's more akin to a baseball bat. That being said, facing someone with a pipe is more dangerous, since they reach/power, compared to a pipe wrench which is just power. They're more likely to aim for your arms, legs, and torso, since it's more of a battering weapon than an OHKO. Beating someone to death, etc.

Always go for the pipe unless you're absolutely sure you can clock someone clean with a pipe wrench.
>>
>>28091445
It's not really designed to be swung around like a club, from a balance/ergonomic standpoint.
>>
>>28091445

And placed on a pipe or fitting to be tightened leveraged around, not swung around like a mace.
>>
>>28091291

I got cracked in the back of the skull with a black iron gas pipe when I was a younger dude. There was blood everywhere and it left a nasty fucking dent in my skull.

It is not fucking fun to get hit by a pipe. I would classify it as mostly effective if you can hit somebody in the head with it.
>>
>>28091291
About 2 1/2 feet of schedule 30 steel pipe would be just about perfect for an improvised beating stick.
>>
A shaft for a lacrosse stick (36") filled with sand is a pretty fucking lethal weapon in the right hands. You could easily incapacitate someone.

Or swing for the legs and break the fucking femur.
>>
>>28093939
Specifically, a titanium shaft can easily break or bend other metal shafts (Vanadium, scandium, etc) with a single good hit, so imagine what it can do to bone.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>28091291
Pipe wrenches aren't as pointy
>>
>>28091419
>a more top heavy weight
This is a better thing to have than an even distribution of weight in a melee weapon though

Its like a club, more mass on the top, bigger impact on the receiving end
>>
>>28091291
Use solid bar stock. pipe will vibrate and make your hand/arm sore with repeated beating
>>
>>28093959
How the fuck would you know titanium could bend a shaft of scandium? Has that ever been tried? Has anyone ever even constructed a pure shaft of scandium just to hit shit with it considering how expensive it is? Also titanium is weaker than steel, it's only advantage is its comparatively low weight.
>>
>>28091331
speed > weight

its honestly pretty much a draw but if you get a hefty pipe that is significantly longer than the pipe wrench, the striking face will be moving much faster on the pipe because of its length. Thats not to say any hefty wrench wouldnt fuck shit up.

basically theyre both terrible to get hit with, but to me a pipe is much easier to swing.
>>
>>28091517
>>28091393
>>28091336
>all list off "acceptable" materials for pipes that make effective weapons
>lists oretty much every common type of pipe

Why make the list? What the fuck pipe do you think OP is talking about, wood?

>"Dont choose a 1.25" diameter tungsten pipe with .0625 thickness, its to brittle and will shatter"
>>
>>28095768
Lacrosse sticks are hollow, that's why it would be filled with sand, and it's likely some alloy. They are simply advertised as scandium.

Nonetheless, they are deadly if used as a weapon.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.