[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeking immediate creative assistance /sci/ Whats the most creative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: logocansat.jpg (62 KB, 737x574) Image search: [Google]
logocansat.jpg
62 KB, 737x574
Seeking immediate creative assistance /sci/
Whats the most creative rocket payload experiment you can think of? Me and some pals are in a competition where the goal is to make the coolest, most awesome, sciency experiment.

There rules are as following:
-Payload must fit in a soda can
-Flight time is restricted to under 120 seconds
-No hazardous materials, like flammable, explosive, corrosive, ect.
-No biological materials (its vague where the line goes here)

Mind that it needs space for an arduino or similar microcontroller and sensors + battery. the experiment is supposed to be observed only through the microcontroller via a telemetry downlink.

Hit me with your best shot /sci/ we need ideas
>>
It's simple.

>build V-2 sized rockets
>the warhead is a tin can sized package full of HMX
>GPS guided
>fire rockets from the deserts of Nevada to go shell people in Massachusetts

For real though, I'm thinking a helium balloon that just pops into being like a piece of popcorn in the stratosphere.
>>
Pocket sand!
>>
A frog
>>
unless you're going to put a bomb on it to murder shitskins you need to fuck off right back to /sci/ you kek
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Forgot pic.
>>
>>28090999
Why so hostile?
>>
>>28090950
>-Payload must fit in a soda can
If we are going to be stupid, lets do it right. The only right answer is ball bearing laced explosives.
>>
>>28090950
>capture bees
>put bees on leashes
>attach leashes to can
>>
just a soda can full of soda reinforced such that it doesn't burst from depressurization
then you can make the "russel's teapot" argument, but call it "anon's soda can", and then whip out the fucking proof that there's a soda can in space orbiting the earth filled with mt. dew and completely rek the atheists
>>
Watching marshmallows explode in low pressure is always fun, but I dunno how you'd observe that through a microcontroller.
>>
>>28091148
you use a camera, simple as that, we're planning on using a 32 bit microcontroller so we can get some serious data collected
>>
>>28091148
i dont think 1000 meters would make a marshmallow explode from pressure change... you can get bigger fluctuations in atmospheric density just from wind or weather
>>
File: CanSat-image-1.jpg (48 KB, 400x445) Image search: [Google]
CanSat-image-1.jpg
48 KB, 400x445
>>28090950
op here, forgot to mention the rocket will only go 1000m up
>>
>>28090950
Glitter
>>
>>28091228
Man, your rocket is gay.

Engineering students with a hundred dollars can take pictures of the stratosphere and you're busy playing with Estes model rockets.
>>
>>28091411
op here, im studying rocket science in norway, and this is a competition to make an interresting payload, it has nothing to do with the shitty fireworks toy rocket. We usually make a copuple of student rockets from scratch that go up 30-40km, but that isnt what im after now, i need an interresting concept for a payload.
>>
>>28090950
Francium
>>28091034
Hostility is here because you're essentially asking about nonweapons on a weapons board.
>>28091228
1km?
Are you serious?
Yeah, sorry, back to >>>/sci/
>>
>>28091566
>implying I'm OP
>>
>>28091636
>implying implying
>>
>>28090950
>>28091228
Put solar cells around the surface area of the can.
And while you are at it, a laser designator that points at a target of your choice.
>>
>>28090950
IDK maybe a gopro? im thinking something with a fluid maybe or a gel. maybe have an unpressurized can and see how flys respond to a free fall enviorment?

if you can do a Night launch however I got an idea.

Rocket star tracker.

or steerable parachute via servos

see if you can like control the landing radius or something

NAR HPR lvl1 here, Launched my DX3 up at bong and lost it.

do people ever steal rockets they find in the forest? Im pretty damn convinced someone stole it because I went to look for it in the fall and couldn't find it anywhere
>>
>>28091524
oh 30- 40k WOW

do you use like Lox and rubber as fuel or something?

I had an Idea Maybe see if there is a difference with popcorn being popped at high altitude and low altitude
>>
>>28091034
>/k/ - Weapons
>Why so hostile?
lmao tbqh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.