[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got this Sr22 and when I showed my mom, she said she liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG1988.jpg (815 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1988.jpg
815 KB, 1520x2688
So I got this Sr22 and when I showed my mom, she said she liked it, and had been wanting a gun to carry in her purse. She said she liked that it was small (not that unsual) but she also said she liked that the frame is skinny. So I've been looking for similar guns, I need something in at least .380 or 9mm , that fits her liking. All I have found so far is ruger lc380, any suggestions?

TL;DR need a gun that has similar demensions to an Sr22 chambered in at least .380
>>
>>28088025
if she's going to carry in a purse, the size isn't that much of a problem, get her a 1911, those are slim and you can easily fit one in a purse, longer barrel, decent weight, not very snappy cartridge (45), perfect for beginner to aim and control
>>
>>28088054
shes a novice and a woman, im not saying thats not a good choice for a woman, but for her, a 1911 would be a little much
>>
>>28088025
post pics of ur mom so we can tell you what gun she should get
>>
>>28088086
>would be a little much
There's not size carry restriction which since she wants to put it in her purse.

If anything; compacts/subcompacts with shorter barrels and snappier recoil are much more difficult for beginners to use effectively than longer heavier guns.

Maybe not necessarily a "1911" specifically, but you might consider looking at more fullsizes in general.

"carrying" isn't an issue since it'll be in her purse not an IWB, just take her to the range and see what she feels good shooting, that's going to be much more important than how it looks or how big it is due to the carry method (bag vs hip) you have a LOT more options than looking for a waist carry cc.
>>
>>28088138
ok, thats a good point. care to suggest the gun(s) you had in mind? im seriously lost right now
>>
>>28088172
"random person on the internet's" suggestions aren't going to be useful here. By the sound of it, she doesn't shoot much (or at all), she probably doesn't even really know what she "needs" in a gun.

Take her to some lgs and ranges and try some things out, that's your best bet. And what I'm saying is try some of the bigger stuff out, don't restrict to "small stuff, because she likes small guns", if size isn't a carry issue, it's a ridiculous thing to restrict your options based on. A gun's purpose is to be effective when you need too use it, if you can be more effective with something bigger and have the means to bring something bigger, it's a no-brainer not to.
>>
>>28088204
yeah youre right, we'll just go to the store and fondle some. ill suggest fullsize ones also. thanks /k/
>>
>>28088025

Makarov with dick grips and its chambered in 9x18mm.

Alternative is the Walter PK-380
>>
>>28088086
What about a Glock 26? It's subcompact, has a slim profile, available in 9mm, and hardly has any recoil.
>>
>>28088852
It has a fat frame though. You'd need a single stack.
>>
Bersa Thunder .380
>>
>purse carry

"Hey, that fucker just stole my purse!"
"...oh SHIT, that means he has my gun too"
>>
>>28089511
kek'd
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.