[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? http://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/las er-com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: LaserLyte.jpg (37 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
LaserLyte.jpg
37 KB, 450x450
Thoughts on this?
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/laser-combo-kit-the-ultimate-practice-plinking-party/
>>
>>28086149

>not training with you actual carry/HD gun

>buying any stupid laser bullshit

>spending money on gimmicky toys instead of ammo to do real life draw and fire drills at a range
>>
>>28086149
kek, i'd probably just buy a laser pointer
>>
>>28086149
If i could use the cans with my ccw I'd be sold.
>>
>>28086149
>$180
Just get a SIRT dude, it's made to mimic the functions of your handgun to provide a more effective dry fire training.
>>
>>28086149
you don't have to use their blue guns, you can use their laser round for your existing guns. I think that's neat as fuck, I could be training on my guns in my house instead of having to head out to the range. interesting as fuck!
I mean it obviously doesn't recreate live ammo but then again this is something you could use inside your bedroom if you wanted
>>
>>28086193
>>28086227

They also make cartridge sized lasers that fit inside your gun's chamber and are activated by the firing pin.
>>
>>28086149
I own the one with the target that shows where you hit, it's a piece of shit.

>>28086274
It's not the firing pin it's the jolt from it... meaning you can shake it and it can activate or it might not activate when you pull the trigger.
>>
>>28087268
So is the whole system junk?
>>
I had an older bundle that came with universal laser, training gun that wasn't integrated, and the large target.

The gun was shit. Trigger was nothing like any real gun I've tried and the sights were shit as well.

The laser was ok. It goes of twice sometimes and if you don't unscrew it it drains the batteries (i think they fixed this in the newer ones). I shoots where i am at least.

The target worked fine.

I got rid of it eventually. It was ok, but not for the asking price.
>>
>>28087532
I returned it twice because I thought I got a broken target because it didn't work anywhere near what I'd call acceptable.

Laser drains the battery so fast even when not in use, you have to take it apart everytime you use the laser to try and save the batteries, which would be fine if I didn't need tools to unscrew it because it gets so stuck.

It's neat when it works but it works so rarely I just gave up. The amount of times I've used it I could have bought ammo and gone to the range for cheaper.
>>
>>28086271
>2002+13
>Not just getting a suppressor and some Kevlar
>>
>>28086149
get a KJW or KSC tier air shit thats weight appropriate and has heavy trigger pull
>>
>>28087750
I don't know about new ones, but the KWA/KSC guns I've tried, even their so called "profession training pistols" have triggers that feel nothing like a real trigger. The slides are also super light plastic and all the weight is in the magazine.

Some people might claim airshit is good for certain types of training. Maybe drawing, but actually firing and trigger control are things that airshit can't be used for.
>>
>>28087809
The all steel versions are better, but the triggers are never good. The best I have seen are the KJW steel slide Glock back in 2006

>$100
>Recoil and reciprocating slide
>Slide lock on empty
>Pretty much a Glock trigger
>Accurate out to 25yds or better depending on ammo weight and quality
>Powered by fucking propane and propane accessories
>>
>>28087268
>It's not the firing pin it's the jolt from it... meaning you can shake it and it can activate or it might not activate when you pull the trigger.
No, it's the firing pin hitting a button on the laser cartridge. I own a .380 one.

>>28087532
I own one of the laser cartridges and haven't had any problems with the batteries draining (I've used mine quite a bit and purchased it a few months ago).
>>
File: 41x7+3P5v-L.jpg (23 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
41x7+3P5v-L.jpg
23 KB, 500x300
>>28086149
L.A.S.R. System is better for the money OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0w8HTjrrCI
>>
>>28089025
>.38/.357
Oh sweet, I wanted to practice from the hip with my CCW revolver before...
>$520
>On top of the cost of the software and everything else
>Would be out almost $800
Holy shit! Fuck that.
>>
>>28089230
the software is only $120.00
>>
>>28089230
>>On top of the cost of the software and everything else
There's FOSS options such as ShootOFF. Only problem is it's a bit resource intensive so it won't run as well on an older outdated computer.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/22/shootoff-open-source-laser-dry-fire-training-software/
>>
File: laserlyte.jpg (8 KB, 374x182) Image search: [Google]
laserlyte.jpg
8 KB, 374x182
>>28089006
>No, it's the firing pin hitting a button on the laser cartridge. I own a .380 one.

They have more than one version of laser. The multical one that comes with the set in question is not struck by the firing pin. It looks like this picture. And the bullseye target is shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.