[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It is now illegal for soldiers to bring back captured guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 3124132424132.jpg (95 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
3124132424132.jpg
95 KB, 800x507
>It is now illegal for soldiers to bring back captured guns
For what purpose?
>>
>>28084493
>now
I thought it had been for years?
>>
>>28084498
I meant now as in the current time period, not like it's a recent change or something. Wording was a bit awkward I'll admit.
>>
>>28084493
Scury salt rifles
>>
Because weapons of war do not belong on our streets. They belong on Syria's streets.

-Barack Hussein Obama
>>
>>28084509
So let me get this straight, you can get a $200 to own a $30,000 gun, but you can't get one to bring back a similar gun for free?
>>
Because now its bad too profit from war on any level. I know states routinely get some benifit from war but if the actual guys on the ground get a war trophy they're secretly war mongering savages come to rape your daughter.

I think a lot of it was stopping most bringbacks so joes weren't tempted to just go pillage shit.
>>
>>28084493
>Regarding your recent query regarding murderous war devils stealing weapons of mass destruction from poor underprivileged minority youths in underdeveloped countries;
>Fuck you.
>Regarding Regards, Liberals.
>>
>>28084493
Because captured guns often don't have serial numbers of any kind, let alone US ones
>>
>>28084552
And as we all know, applying a serial number to a gun is impossible, and any gun without a serial number can only be used for murder.
>>
>>28084493

Fuck taking hajji guns. Huh?

Korean vets and b4 took their service rifle guns home.

How I wish I could of taken my service rifle m16 home. Thousands of rounds fired and not one malfunction.

They let cops in your cu(|< big cities keep their guns. I'm probably on a watchlist just for being an infantry vet that posts online how shitty things have gotten.

Wish I had my old rifle.
>>
>>28084558
>cu(|<
baka desu senpai
>>
>>28084493
Because only old americans, drunk russians and other savages think looting is acceptable.
>>
>>28084560

/\/3\/\/f4g k4/\/+ d00dchat.

This is b4 your Internet time. Don't embarrass yourself.
>>
File: k on dark propaganda.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
k on dark propaganda.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>28084567
What's the matter? They're dead anyway. I'm pretty sure that after eating an incendiary, Mr. Insurgent wouldn't mind having his Dragunov taken from him.
>>
>>28084572
I just chose to let it die. I should hope you do the same.
>>
>>28084522
It has pretty much been impossible to import NFA weapons (which most war trophies would be) since the gun control act of 1968.

>Tfw no vietnam bring back type 3 ;-;
>>
>>28084560

I know realize you may know.

Shit I need to post something to ban myself again.
>>
>>28084493
i think even in ww2 it was illegal for most guns, some officers for some groups said no, others didnt give a shit. i have read stories of ships of dudes dumping their captured rifles overboard because their commander wouldnt let them bring any shit back before docking
>>
I've read it was because of some dickbag general that was abusing his position of authority during the gulf war having AK's sent home for his personal collection. He got busted, and now we aren't even allowed to legally bring home an AK bayonet...
>>
>>28084595
God dammit Captain America
>>
>>28084592
in ww2 pistols/ rifles were ok to bring home... just had to have the bringback papers signed by your commanding officer.

The SMG/MG's were frowned upon however. Many years ago I met a ww2 vet who had stashed an MP40 in his duffel bag. As his ship was approaching the port in NY they were warned that their bags would be searched for contraband upon arrival, so he and the others with goodies freaked and dumped their treasures into the ocean.

They never did search their gear when they arrived... He was still grumpy about it some 60 years later!
>>
>>28084528
>so joes weren't tempted to just go pillage shit

What's the point of even going to war?
>>
I wouldn't mind if they poured lead down the barrel and welded the firing pin. Since its just a trophy and all. Soldiers don't even keep their issued guns, why should they get somebody else's?
>>
>>28084603
damn!!!
>>
>>28084603
Why were SMG's/MG's frown upon? Wasn't that before all the 'salt weapons bans and shit?
>>
>>28084493
liberals and feel good legislation

i honestly believe these liberals think our military "heros" dont kill people in war, they just bomb a few mud huts and the boots on ground win the hearts and minds. also they dont want troops bringing back a baby killing giggle switch ghost gun ak with 30 caliber clips on americas streets

spoils of war have gone on since the dawn of time but now its just taboo. i honestly dont understand their logic, hey go kill this guy just dont keep a trophy because muh feelings
>>
>>28084603
Similar thing happened to my grandpa, he wanted to take his tommy gun home with him, got told they were going to search bags, panicked, tossed the bag with the disassembled tommy gun in the nearest dumpster, then when it was his turn, they just waved him through.
>>
>>28084651
not sure... but I have talked to several vets and they have all said the same... pistols and rifles ok... but MG/SMG wouldn't get the paperwork signed to bring home.

I would guess because they were afraid of the US getting flooded with thousands of surplus MG's from the war...

Of course that didn't stop everyone, plenty made it back. And it was perfectly legal to own an MG back then (no NFA nonsense) even as a civilian in the US so they could get away with it... just risked getting in trouble with the military if caught with it coming home.
>>
>>28084670
damn that sucks... honestly though if I was in the same position back then I'd of done the same. Coming home from that damn war, the last thing I'd want is trouble over a souvenir. Just want to go home and be with my family.

At least back then it wouldnt of been too difficult to procure whatever SMG you wanted legally at a gun store.
>>
>>28084671
nfa was 1934, mate
>>
>>28084684
1945 could have legally registered it because it was before 86 mg ban
>>
>>28084679
>Just want to go home and be with my family.

From what I've been told that was his attitude, also why he didn't care if we buried his medals with him, he always saw the military as something that took him away from his family, so he was never especially proud to have served, being drafted and all. This was also the korean war I'm talking about, for this particular grandpa. My grandpa on my dad's side served in WW2(army air corps), but that's a whole other story.
>>
>>28084684
stand corrected... still would of been legal to own as a registered MG until 86 though
>>
>>28084691
yeah, but you still had to deal with the nfa, and 200 bucks in the mid 40s wasn't nothing
>>
>>28084493
because they don't want soldiers distracted trying to loot a DShK or a crate full of AKs
>>
>>28084493
>For what purpose?

1. gun regulations
2. discourage taking trophies and pillaging

they took all the fun out of war, now they just send you to get blown up and you can't even collect any souvenirs
>>
>>28084707
About 2600 dollars today
>>
>>28084567
Are you fucked? Pillaging was the main attraction to "going to war" for thousands of years. If you shoot some idiot in the face you should be able to take his shit too.
Also fuck his wife.
>>
>>28084493
because taking war trophies is "unethical".

fucking pussy faggots.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446581951622.jpg (7 KB, 228x215) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446581951622.jpg
7 KB, 228x215
>>28084814
>you will never have a dshk to put huge holes in steel plates

feelsbadman.jpg
>>
Are you at least allowed to bring back not weapons stuff like uniforms or medals or gear?

Love to have me a sandnigger medal or Soviet era pack of some sort.
>>
>>28084493
Because a commander saw a future where a kid sanded down a Luger and reeeeeeeed across time.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.