[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anon's first gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: L5qPRmj.jpg (2 MB, 2971x1691) Image search: [Google]
L5qPRmj.jpg
2 MB, 2971x1691
Hey /k/ what would you recommend as a first rifle for an 18yo ? Ive been interested in guns all my life and im ready to buy my first one.

> I like guns with a "cool factor" either from being unique, or just badass or sexy.

> Not looking to go to war or become a vigilante im only looking to shoot at ranges as a hobby. so the most operator gun of the year isnt waht im interested in

What does /k/ think of the mini 14? I like the m1a style of guns, but not sure if 7.62 would be a good caliber for a first gun for me being the 18yo armchair general that I am.
>>
>>28084410
My first rifle was a Lee-Enfield an never regreted that choice.

If you want an M1A, go for it man, they are good rifles.
>>
Eh, I was just typing out a new thread. I'll highjack yours tho =]

I've recently had the chance to go shooting for the first time ever. Holy shit is it fun. My first shot was with a Ruger M77 7mm. I ended up shooting 3 kangeroos with 3 shots. Shot a duck in the head from around 70 yards.

Since then I've probably shot 10-15 roos, 10 emu's over 15 foxes and a dozen rabbits using the 7mm, 220 swift and a 22 over three nights hunting. I'm getting to be a decent shot. I got a bird that was swimming around on a dam with the 22 (A ruger) from around 80 yards with slight wind. Two shots for it tho. I can also shoot a one-two inch group offhand from 50 yards with the 22 (we have shooting competitions after work, haha).

So now I'm looking for some advice. I want to purchase my own gun. I'll be getting my license shortly (Aussie) but I'm not sure what to get.

I want something with cheap bullets and that shoots flat and fast. The majority of shooting i'll be doing is foxes and cats from 150+ yards, some a lot further. I'd like something for hogs and deer, but i'll have fewer opportunities for that, so that's less of a priority. Definitely going to be getting a 22 as well. Rabbits are good fun and easy to find where I live.
>>
I would figure if you're 18 yo looking for "coolness" you'd immediately sink into AR or AK. Or will laws not let you.
>don't really keep up with that shit
>still live in AWB state
>>
>>28084433
shot 10-15 kangaroos
has to point out their Australian.
>>
>>28084439
>He doesn't pre-dawn raid his local zoo
>>
>>28084410
10/22
>tacticool it out
>cheap ammo
>easy maintenance
>takes countless accessories
>>
>>28084410
I like the Mini 14, it's fucking expensive when bought new which is a pain. The M1A is alright. Some people can shoot high power cartridges without developing flinches which is good if you're one of those queers. You could probably just buy a Marlin Model 60 or 10/22 and then get the 14 if you want. But don't take my advice, I'm some anonymous fagtron from the internet.
>>
>>28084437
Personally I would like to own a AR but so many people act like they are the best rifle in the world when you talk to them, and are snobs about what you should or should put on them. Otherwise I would probably get one because ive always liked them.
AKs are pretty much the same, but they are cheaper and probably more reliable in the hands of a fuckwit like me.
And from what I understand I can own basically any rifle here in florida as far as the law goes.
>>
File: 1447909398988.jpg (22 KB, 503x821) Image search: [Google]
1447909398988.jpg
22 KB, 503x821
Simple=cool
>>
File: gun personalities.jpg (105 KB, 960x604) Image search: [Google]
gun personalities.jpg
105 KB, 960x604
>>28084433
Aw man, imagine if you had a WASR!
>or AR
> Or SKS
>or PTR
>or...anything
>>
>>28084451
I beat the bag outta my AR and AK all day (cardinal sin). Shove dirt, mud, sand and all sorts of shit to see if they still shoot; low and behold they do. OP you cannot go wrong with a WASR.
>inb4 bump fire stocks
>>
>>28084465
bump fire is retarded IMO
>>
>>28084456
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to shoot but I can't. Even getting a pistol is fucking stupid. You have to be apart of a club and attend something like 20 meets a year. I'm away working for 90% of the year so that'll never happen.
>>
10/22 or a marlin model 60

just get a 22

trust me on this
>>
>>28084473
Best way to simulate full auto legally, anon. Even better when you get your dipshit friends to try it.
>do it for the vine
And I'm talking about the stocks, not the hip fire bullshit.
>>
>>28084505
How "cool" can one actually be with a model 60?
>>
>>28084506
meh if you really want full auto I guess. But I drather not have a wobbly stock and grip when im shooting regularly.
If I had 2 of the same gun id probably get it on one just for shits and giggles. otherwise I still think its pretty stupid. And im also talking stocks, any redneck that hasnt lost all his fingers can bumpfire the other way.
>>
>>28084521
On my stock you can set it to bump (wobbly) and semi (not wobbly). Sure, you get a slight bit of wobble, but it hasn't affected my accuracy and performance at all. I just hate how it tacticools my AK.
>>
File: marlin model 60 elftmann_final.jpg (366 KB, 1825x737) Image search: [Google]
marlin model 60 elftmann_final.jpg
366 KB, 1825x737
>>28084511
a lot.
>>
>>28084410
Get a 10/22

>>28084511
You'll actually learn to shoot and not be that fucktard we all make fun of with an AR and the inability to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

>Spend $200 on a .22
>Go to appleseed
>Learn to shoot
>Get a real rifle

In that order.
>>
File: sub2k_quad.jpg (28 KB, 414x355) Image search: [Google]
sub2k_quad.jpg
28 KB, 414x355
A very unique gun that's fun to shoot, and cheap is a sub 2000 from kel tec, it folds in half, takes glock mags or many others and is chambered in 9mm or 40. they go for between 350 and 450.
>>
Ruger gunsite scout .308

.308 is common worldwide and .308 I'm pretty sure will handle anything on your continent

shit maybe .243 would even
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.