[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
back to school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: back to school.png (107 KB, 504x185) Image search: [Google]
back to school.png
107 KB, 504x185
I'm re-enrolling in college in a semester or two. Do you milbros have experience being the old non-democrat dude in the classroom? What rifle plate should I put in my backpack? What ballistic helmets would also make good bicycle helmets? What are some school-safe self-defense tools? Am I going to have trouble making friends?

spasibo /k/omrades
>>
Go away CNN.
>>
>>28082567
I mostly read RT for the entertainment value.
>>
There's more nontraditional students than ever. You might not even stand out.

You'll have trouble making friends because you seem like an autist.

Since you're not living in a dorm feel free to conceal carry if it's not a felony in your state. (A lot of states only have school administrative punishment... aka who gives a fuck as a vet, especially since if you have half a brain you'll never be noticed carrying.)
>>
>>28082554
you can ccw on a lot of campuses legally, but if u get caught by school u might get kicked out because of their retarded policies. check ur local laws
>>
>>28082779
>There's more nontraditional students than ever. You might not even stand out.
That would be nice.

>You'll have trouble making friends because you seem like an autist.
Asperger's. It's a social struggle, but I've been getting better at reading body language and such.

>A lot of states only have school administrative punishment
>>28082796
>u might get kicked out because of their retarded policies
My school will almost certainly kick me out, but campus carry is not illegal (other than it being trespassing, I guess).
>>
>>28082554
I go to school in Utah I know a tone of people that carry on campus. The engineering building is basically swimming in pistols. People sit and talk about going shooting on the weekend, and what guns they are building/buying all the time. This place is so /k/ it hurts.
>>
>>28083009
Do they have biomedical engineering? I would love to go to a good bioE school that permitted campus carry.
>>
File: 1449205075471.png (107 KB, 504x185) Image search: [Google]
1449205075471.png
107 KB, 504x185
>>28082554
>be poor white fellow from the south
>move to cluckifornia for school
>half of everyone is sjw which I was prepared for
>other half is rich white/jewish people who are legitimately racist and make me uncomfortable
I haven't had the experience of being the only non-dem, but I have had the very bizarre experience of being one of very, very few sane people.
>>
>>28083050
How did you cope with that? Those situations usually get to me after a while.
>>
>>28083050
>image saved
>>
>>28082554
This semester, I introduced ~20 other students to indoor range shooting (AZ)

Don't assume all college students are liberal idiots.
>>
I remember my first day of college.
I guess I was just shocked by how realistic some of the far left liberals actually are in real life compared to stories on /k/. Never in my life have I hated so many people so quickly and felt so out of place. My history professor started her very first lecture with something about how the south was racist and that's why the civil war blah blah nlah. Holy shit why must college campuses be filled with these fucking idiots?
>>
>>28083090
It was post-graduate professional school, so I dealt with it by never going to class, drinking, and playing video games until they gave me the same degree gunners get.
>>
If you really want to wear plates, get one of those sleek plate carriers that you can wear under a jacket or shirt without causing an imprint, and just wear it all the time
>>
>>28083211
Or just wear a II because if they have a .44 magnum or a rifle you're probably fucked anyway and you really don't want that heavy ass vest distracting you when you're trying to hit on coeds.
>>
>>28083176
Money and/or time well spent as usual with these places.
>>
>>28083176
>shocked by how realistic some of the far left liberals actually are in real life
>>28083134
>Don't assume all college students are liberal idiots.
I used to take classes at this same university. My Western European Government and Politics course was so extremely left that the introduction of a handful of neo-Nazis would not have been enough to balance it out. That said, there were a couple of tolerable folks there, and I guess I got along with most of the professors.

>>28083190
I need to stay away from alcohol and I probably need to attend class to keep on top of the engineering curriculum. Fuck.

>>28083211
Thought about that, but I don't risk anyone finding out that I have armor--what if I bump into someone or some hippie chick gives me a hug and an issue is made of it? If some kid goes postal, he'll know to shoot around it, and if I start CCing against school policy, they'll be watching for it.

>>28083248
That's why I figured a back back plate is my best bet. If SHTF, I can just flip it around to cover my chest, and it won't get in the way of normal daily maneuvers since backpacks are heavy anyway.
>>
>>28083287
>Western European Government and Politics course
Herein lies the problem, though. You're basically studying leftism, at this point.
>>
>>28082936
>Asperger's. It's a social struggle, but I've been getting better at reading body language and such.

HAHAHAHA fucking really and here I was just trying to rustle you with that part of the post.
>>
>>28083412
Fair enough. At least the professor stayed pretty neutral and was pleasant to look at and listen to.
>>
>>28082554
I can't tell if you are serious or not, but i'll bite anyways

>Do you milbros have experience being the old non-democrat dude in the classroom?

I'm not one of them, but legit every single former mil student I've had in my classes give either zero fucks and dick around or sit in the corner alone doing nothing. Also who gives a shit if you are a democrat or not? Are you majoring in gender studies or do you want a real degree?

>Am I going to have trouble making friends?

Yes because you sound like an autist.
>>
>>28083446
Haha, yeah, I figured that was the case with this being 4chan and all, but you were right anyway. I keep forcing myself out of my comfort zone and I took some acting classes to try to learn about emotional and social cues and shit, so it is getting easier--now I just come across as eccentric instead of unsociable.
>>
>>28082554

If you are a benefit to your peer's education, you will make friends.

Anything else, and you will be ignored, which should be expected for you.

Keep your politics to yourself, unless your polisci
>>
>>28083047
Yeah. I go to school at USU. Their engineering programs in general are some of the best around. The specialty is mechanical and aerospace, but the bio program is solid as well.
I think university of utah might have a slightly better bio program, and you can carry there too.
>>
>>28083460
>I can't tell if you are serious or not
I am serious.

>give either zero fucks and dick around or sit in the corner alone doing nothing
I am a bioengineering major. I have always taken study and training seriously, and I would like to be welcome in a social group of my classmates. Dicking around, doing nothing, and sitting alone are not appealing options.

>you sound like an autist.
see
>>28082936
>>28083446
>>28083481

>>28083514
>If you are a benefit to your peer's education, you will make friends.
I learn quickly and tend to be good at teaching--this bodes well, then?

>Keep your politics to yourself, unless your polisci
I was planning on taking another polisci course or two to fill my general education requirements. Past experience outlined here >>28083287. Having a different world view than everyone is kind of an alienating feeling and since I got alienated from a lot of peer groups growing up I've got a lot of residual loneliness built up. I'm used to it, it just bums me out.

>>28083562
Spasibo /k/omrade, I will research the opportunity.
>>
Nothing to contribute vis a vis gear shit.

Just wanted to say good luck with classes and making friends and shit.

I believe in you.

\hugbox
>faget
>>
>>28082554

I'm an older GI Bill vet. But I look kinda young and don't stick out really.

I also don't fucking speak to anyone I don't have too, maybe a hot girl. Honestly its a mixed bag, they're hot as fuck but fucking stupid to talk too. But you don't seem like you're crushing pussy so disregard that.

And for the love of God during class introductions don't start off with "I was in the (Branch here)" no one gives a fuck. Still lots of people do it and its gay, they're the ones who must like getting tyfys.
>>
>>28083656
Thank you, hugbox faget. May your nugget never run empty.

>>28083670
>they're hot as fuck but fucking stupid to talk too. But you don't seem like you're crushing pussy so disregard that.
Actually, I do pretty well with sexual relationships, I just struggle with romantic relationships and friendships. I stay /fit/, have good facial structure, and my quietness and laconic responses come across as intriguingly mysterious at first (I've been told), but then they come to realize I'm an autistic asshole with atrocious social skills.

I've recently been looking into the possibility of pharmaceuticals to neutralize my libido as it's been legitimately depressing me how unintelligent many college women seem to be and I don't want the distraction from my studies--lust is my primary vice and a major cause of stress.

>I also don't fucking speak to anyone I don't have to
This used to be my MO, but I'm getting old and lonely. I have trouble making and keeping friends and it's getting to me. I anticipate having very little time to socialize outside of my studies, so I'd like to be able to socialize with my classmates, if possible.

>And for the love of God during class introductions don't start off with "I was in the (Branch here)" no one gives a fuck. Still lots of people do it and its gay, they're the ones who must like getting tyfys.
Yeah, fuck those guys.
>>
>>28082779
>who gives a fuck as a vet

Preach, brother.
>>
>>28083835

I'm >>28083670

Well I'm actually married but I've had a few girls flirt with me is all. Damn near made me think of cheating, dem yoga pants.

You don't have buddies from the service you were in? That's the only friends I have myself.

But I have my wife and kid to stave off loneliness. Good luck socializing anon, and don't go all an hero vet suicide rates are high enough.
>>
Shit like this is my worst nightmare about getting out. I see people I went to highschool with post on facebook all the time about how hard their schedule is, and how stressed out they are, or how little sleep they get.

I want to go back to school, but being almost 30 and being stuck with a bunch of 18-20 year olds with no world knowledge and massive sense of entitlements drives me nuts.
>>
>>28083905
>don't go all an hero vet suicide rates are high enough.
I think about it a lot but I'm far too stubborn to die without good cause. I won't be making that statistic any higher.

>You don't have buddies
I'm good at being useful, but not so good at being likable. The pattern for all of my interpersonal relationships seems to be that as soon as my logistical purpose is served, I am discarded.

Thank you for your support, it actually does mean a lot.

>>28083944
If I figure anything out to make it tolerable, I'll post it on /k/ a few times in the hopes you'll see it.

>>28083859
I really don't want to get kicked out of my academic program and fuck up a good opportunity.
>>
>>28083944
Why the fuck do your classmates matter? Your decision to go to school should be economic/career or vocational.
If it's economic then your classmates and their childishness does not matter. What matters is your university's network and opportunities.
>>
File: 1441951534866.jpg (127 KB, 480x666) Image search: [Google]
1441951534866.jpg
127 KB, 480x666
>>28084085

This.

I don't want to sound rude or arrogant, but I'm using my GI Bill, a bit older, and I was a grunt that was in Iraq and Trashcanistan.

Are my classmates annoying? Hell yes, they think they know everything but most have lived very sheltered lives and don't know shit. Oh well, life is a learning experience. Whenever I'm annoyed I just remind myself a boring ass professor or listening to some SJW rant about shit isn't as bad as things could be. I'm there for my degree that's all.

Some of you must be turbo pogs living ultra cushy lives to think college age kids are intimidating.
>>
>>28084085
>>university's network and opportunities

a student's ability to use those will be directly tied to how well they can get along with their peers and mentors. someone seen as an asshole to their peers will likely not be welcomed into the various career and academic organizations, which are the keys to utilizing the alumni networks
>>
>>28082554
>What ballistic helmets would also make good bicycle helmets?
None.

They are designed for entirely different purposes. One is meant to prevent a piercing impact, while the other is meant to protect and cushion your head from blunt force trauma.

Don't be stupid.

>What are some school-safe self-defense tools?
Depending on what state you live in you might actually just be able to CC.

Otherwise a pocketknife, leatherman, etc, are actually legal to carry around.

As a general rule however, you do not ever want to willingly get into a knife fight.

>Am I going to have trouble making friends?

Autistic people generally do.
>>
>>28084133
Pretty much this. Networking is everything.

>>28084142
>None
Yeah, I kind of figured that was probably the case, but thought maybe there was some design out there that tries to do both.

>Depending on what state you live in you might actually just be able to CC.
It's legal, but getting caught will get me expelled.

>Otherwise a pocketknife, leatherman, etc, are actually legal to carry around.
I carry a Leatherman and several knives.

>As a general rule however, you do not ever want to willingly get into a knife fight.
It is best to avoid unnecessary engagements. Training in FMA has made me realize that knives are fucking terrifying.

>Autistic people generally do.
Agreed. I typically do have trouble making friends.
>>
>>28084166
>>Otherwise a pocketknife, leatherman, etc, are actually legal to carry around.
>I carry a Leatherman and several knives.
Though, technically, University policy prohibits both.
>>
>>28083050
>be me
>from south
>going to school in NY
I can't take it. All these memes. Feeling the bern. I just wanna shoot my damn guns and further my collection. I have never encountered a people so keked before. They assume everything is illegal and they self thought police. It's insane or I'm just autistic. Maybe a bit of both.
>>
>>28084208
>I can't take it. All these memes. Feeling the bern. I just wanna shoot
OH FUCK
>my damn guns and further my collection.
Oh, okay.

Upstate NY or NYC? The rural folks (some sheriffs, too) ignore the gun laws and seem like real people, but most NYC folks I've met seem to be that special kind of crazy you described.
>>
>>28082554
As a fat 18 year old who just started college, all I can say is that you should probably avoid mentioning it unless you really need to.

Usually one of four things will happen; either young kids like me will suck your cock and go "lol AWESOOME HOW MANY PPL U KILL LUL COD BO MW3!!!1??!", or do the exact opposite and sneer at you for being a "Oppressive criminal war thug rape master 420 brute kiLLER BABY MURDER DEATHMACHINER OBAMA DRONEMASTER FUCK ISRAEL".

If either of those two things don't happen after you let everyone know you're a vet 1776 HOORAH DEBULDAWG then either one; people will just think you're an attention whoring fuck and you need to stop talking to the other vets about beta alpha whiskey tango FOXTROT RECOOOON OP FOB SKYKING SKYKING BLUE TRIDENT WELFARE and will generally avoid talking to you, or; everything will be normal and you will be fine.

You literally just have to not be a faggot.
But that's just like, my opinion man.
Anyways, HOOOOAAAHHH
>>
>>28084229
Rochester
Nothing but city fags and New England libs
>5 round mag cap possibly including non detachable
>permit required for black power
The sheriffs for the surrounding areas are bros cuz upstate.
I wish I could take muh guns with me but I don't want to get shafted by Lord Cuomo's common sence.
I made the mistake of hinting at my power level and was instantly hit with such classics as "if we can just save one life", "why do you need __", "the NRA is a domestic terrorist organization", ect
It's a damn shame. It's really pretty country once you leave the city. But the laws are so shitty.
>>
>>28084331
This tells me nothing about which ballistic helmet to wear to class.

>>28084338
You've summed-up my Upstate NY experiences perfectly. Played airsoft up there once and, after we got to talking, the NY guys showed us the non-compliant real-steel they kept in their vehicles.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.