[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k/ like Operation Flashpoint? Thinking about picking it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: op.jpg (508 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
508 KB, 1600x1200
Does /k/ like Operation Flashpoint? Thinking about picking it up for a buck. From what I've heard, it's more realistic than CoD but less realistic than Arma.

How's the shooting? Does it feel solid or does it fall victim to popgun syndrome?
>>
>>28081989

Fun game, Friendly fire the marksmen who is 450 M south east of you on first mission to obtain m21 and have fun. Otherwise good luck seeing targets.
>>
I wouldn't recommend this game op. The shooting is okay but the FOV is really low and can be kind of painful. There's no tacticool shit in the game either.
>>
>>28081989
no go, cover arts the only good thing about this shitty piece of shit. I always try to play games- and like them. It couldn't happen here.
>>
>>28081989
If all you have is a console, then it's somewhat passable...

But there's literally no reason to even think about getting it if you have even a toaster of a PC.
>>
>>28081989
>less realistic than Arma
True for Dragon Rising, but you do realize the original Operation Flashpoint is the basis for ArmA. They later renamed it ArmA: Cold War Assault, but Operation Flashpoint is a name that is held dear. At least until Codemasters butchered it. Dragon Rising could have been a lot better and Red River went to a more casual route. They don't live up to the name that you now associate the ArmA series with
>>
>>28081989
Dragon Rising was shit. The AI are a pain to manage, and the game play was meh. Just get Arma, Squad, PR, Insurgency, etc.

Played Red River demo and wasn't impressed.
>>
>>28082087
>Otherwise good luck seeing targets.

Try sucking less, maybe?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 200x283
While we're on the subject of computer games who /novalogic/ here?

Typhoon Rising, Black Hawk Down, Joint Operations etc. were pretty based when I was ~9/10 y/o

Some sort of bug showed up in my Typhoon Rising though and disabled my online functionality. 10 year old me couldn't figure out how to fix it. Operation Flashpoint reminded me. Thinking back, those games were probably sort of shit, but the opening mission to Black Hawk Down in the little birds was awesome
>>
>>28081989
>for a buck
do you really need an informed opinion in that case

just buy and try
>>
>>28081989
I have it, but it's a rather short game and the vehicles are shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.