[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please ID these guns for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
What are the long guns on the cops' backs?
>>
>>28070401
Famas
>>
>>28070401
they use a lot of Mini-14s for some reason
>>
looks like a ruger mini-14 with a ebr chassis. googled and it seems like san bernandino sheriffs have be known to use them.
>>
File: IMG_4157a.jpg (51 KB, 975x442) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4157a.jpg
51 KB, 975x442
>>28070401
Look like tacticool Mini-14s.
>>
Remember the french having Mousqueton AMD (Mini-14) after the Paris attacks.
>>
>>28070429
It's literally just a mini-14 tactical. Available from the tiger factory
>>
>>28070459
Ruger factory*
>>
>>28070420
California Highway Patrol carries Mini-14s in their trunks
>>
Can someone Identify that tactical stick from the streams?
>>
>>28070713
That is a baguette d'assault, a style of tactical stick popularized in the 1960s by Belgian Tactical Assault Reconnaissance Deployment Shock troopers
In the famous words of one of these BTARDs, he described the strength of this tactical stick by saying,
"If you break stick in half, then you have two stick. Stick win every time"
>>
>>28070802
It was a nice tactical stick. Went well with their tactical vehicles, in the tactical formation, in the tactical position.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (47 KB, 599x251) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
47 KB, 599x251
>tfw you'll never be issued a ac556
>>
>>28070956
>>28070483
>>28070459
>>28070452
quick question
what exactly is the /k/ mee mee on ruger minis
do we love them or hate them, 'cause ive gotten some mixed signals in the past
>>
>>28071046
they're ARs for people who hate modularity and fun
The garand action is cool though
>>
File: ruger-ac-556-640x325.jpg (60 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
ruger-ac-556-640x325.jpg
60 KB, 640x325
>>28071046
decent rifles in their own right but an ar can do anything they can and more. plus bill ruger was in favor of the 94 AWB cause the mini would have been exempt so some people hate them just because of that. IMO the only mini worth getting is one that looks like this.
>>
File: be that a ruger.png (337 KB, 704x336) Image search: [Google]
be that a ruger.png
337 KB, 704x336
>>28071046
>>
Basically cali police keked themselves into not being able to use AR15s because muh ass-alt raffles. Now they just use mini14s with the evil features they use so much
>>
>>28071168
*they hate so much
>>
>>28071046
They are alright but there's really no reason to buy one when they have a shitty aftermarket, expensive proprietary magazines, and they cost more than a comparable AR.
>>
>>28070401
Standard stainless Ruger Mini-14's. Ruger model #5817, some officers put aftermarket stocks on theirs, they are issued with regular "traditional" synthetic stocks. San Barnardino has been using the Mini-14 since 1980 when it was adopted as the standard patrol rifle in the aftermath of the Norco shooting.

>>28071168
No they didn't, CA exempted LE from the AWB and tons of agencies in CA carry and use AR-15's, many of the officers seen responding to the scene not from SB are carrying AR-15's. My local PD (Huntington Beach) just got baller ass AR's not long ago. Select fire Daniel Defense MK18's with surefire suppressors and scout lights topped with aimpoint micros. They are the first department I know of locally to acknowledge the fact that hearing loss from shootings is a real thing which is why all officer's AR-15's have suppressors.

In my hometown where my parents still live the PD carries UMP45's as their patrol long guns besides their old Remington 870 shotguns. I have occasionally seen their officers with old M16A1's.
>>
>>28070401
Chinko SKS's with crapco stocks.
>>
>>28071046
They are kinda cool, and the side folders look rad as hell, but many of the old ones are unreliable. Most people prefer ARs.
>>
>>28072877
Unreliable? Jams are the exception. The problems are less accuracy (vs AR) and proprietary mags. Most aftermarket mags fail miserably.

I have an old 186 pencil barrel. First gun I bought, so I hang onto it. When I was 20, I left it sitting after not cleaning it. Took it out to shoot, couldn't get the bolt to open no matter how hard I tried. So I put the butt on the ground and kicked it open. Worked flawlessly. So no, reliability is not an issue. It's actually its main strength. There's a reason lots of movie guns (starship troopers, total recall) use them: they'll cycle almost anything.

Accuracy and price, that's a different story. But I got mine when they were cheap(er). $300. And I don't drag my stuff into the middle of nowhere to shoot paper. I also have a factory folder (when they were cheap[er]), which is awesome.
>>
>>28072090
interesting post
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.