[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to crack and get this Urban Go carrier + 2 level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Black-Urban-Go_02.jpg (24 KB, 160x240) Image search: [Google]
Black-Urban-Go_02.jpg
24 KB, 160x240
I'm about to crack and get this Urban Go carrier + 2 level III plates from AR 500 for $200 dollary doos. I know it isn't the best but it's a good price for a carrier that I have seen good reviews on and plates that can stop rifle rounds. At it's price I wouldn't feel bad about throwing it in the back of the safe and only taking it out every once in a while (or when needed). Good choice or get something else?

Just gonna go ahead and make a thread since I think body armor will become a hot topic on /k/ shortly. Discuss what you have/want.
>>
>>28068806
>I think body armor will become a hot topic on /k/ shortly
There is a thread every fucking day, what are you talking about?
>>
>>28068806
Go through Bulletproofme. Buy a Shellback Tactical Banshee and 2 Level 4 ceramic plates. Buy good gear or don't buy it at all. Some day you will thank me.
>>
>>28068870
he thinks that Mike Honda is going to try to revive his bill again
>>
File: 1422779156777.jpg (27 KB, 507x423) Image search: [Google]
1422779156777.jpg
27 KB, 507x423
>>28068870
>There is a thread every fucking day, what are you talking about?

Hes asking for opinions on if the Body armor he is talking about is good or not. Or be pointed to a better product.
>>
>>28069050
***on the Body armor he is talking about if it's good or not
>>
>>28069050
At that price point I don't think you'll be getting anything better. An IOTV without plates or all the useless extras is still around that price.
>>
Steel can be penetrated by common 5.56 loads.

When your life's on the line, its worth spending money. Get ceramics.

If you really need a cheap plate carrier, get a good slick one. No molle on it so you have to use a chest rig or belt, but that brings the price down a lot. You'll still get durable kit with good stitching, but you need a chest rig to go with it. The advantage to that is that you can scale your kit dependant on mission
>day at the range? Pack the rig/belt
>HD situation? Slap on the pc and grab 2 mags.
>going to war? Put the full kit on
>>
>>28068892
Wtf do you need level 4 for?
>>
>>28069412
Level 3 can be penetrated by common 5.56 loads at close range because they move that fast?
M193 and m855 has been proven capable of this. Lvl IV brings peace of mind on that front, while being able to take more hits, and even take 30-06 ap. Are you likely to be shot by ap? No, but the increased hits it can take is vital.
>>
>>28069412
Why the fuck wouldn't you get level 4 if you're already getting plates? Who gives a shit about a little more weight when you get significantly more protection? Plates are uncomfortable anyway, so might as well get the highest rating.
>>
>>28069412
We're in a thread about body armor and you're asking why people wouldn't get the highest rating available?
>>
Don't buy it.

I bought ar500 before doing my homework and all I have are ragrets. Buy soft 3 for a few hundred off bpm. Fuck ar500.
>>
>>28069650
would get*
>>
>>28068806
Whatever you do, absolutely do not get NIJ III steel plates as they will fail to stop M193 from a 16" barrel at closer ranges. If you want steel plates go with AR500's NIJ III+ line (not the lightweight III+ line) as those are the strongest steel plates while still being cheaper than ceramics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.