[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plate Carrier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 5.11_Tactical_Plate_Carrier.jpg (2 MB, 1626x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.11_Tactical_Plate_Carrier.jpg
2 MB, 1626x1080
Thinking about buying this carrier. Any thoughts? Ideas on others I may not know about? Trying to stay in the under 2 hundred dollar range on the carrier.
>>
>>28064236

I guess I should mention it is the TACTECâ„¢ PLATE CARRIER by 511
>>
>>28064236
>5.11
You know, you could easily find a cheaper one that is exactly the same, maybe minus the quick release cable.
>>
Shellback banshee.
>>
>>28064253

I'm looking for durability as well as a reasonable price point.

>>28064271
That's the other one on my list.
>>
Can anybody identify this for me?
>>
>>28064236
i was thinking about a AR500 plate carrier.

I know i will get my plates from AR500
>>
>>28064621
space marine
>>
Any good ones in the $150 range that come in coyote brown? Or should I just go with a chest rig?

Also, do ceramic plates "deteriorate"?
>>
>>28064800

ar500 plates are garbage. buy ceramic, faggo
>>
>>28064945
why do you say that the steal plates i have seen in videos are awesome.
>>
>>28064800
I have been seeing reviews that the carriers are complete garbage.
>>
>>28064271
I have that, And I like it.
>>
>>28065029
yeah i did not like the selection of the carriers on their website.
>>
I nominate the pig brigadien and skd brand level 4 plates
>>
>>28065010

generally they weigh a lot more than the ceramics and aren't much more reliable
>>
>>28064945
>ceramic plates shatter when dropped
>trusting your life to that

Fucking el oh el.
>>
>>28065109
I don't know man i get that it will weigh more but from the videos i have seen they can take a beating the only possible downside i can see from the steal plates is fragmentation.
>>
>>28065084

I like the operator 2 but the reviews suck and its apparently set up poorly inside where the plates hang. You can't get them high enough in the carrier.
>>
I have a Beez that I use in combination with SADF chest rig.
>>
>>28065135
>ceramic plates shatter
you're a dumb ass
>>
>>28064828
That's why I like it, but I need the brand!
>>
>>28065234
Crye?
>>
>>28065202
I am trying to find a plate carrier that can take side armor.

I heard that US palm sales some good stuff.
>>
>>28064621
its a gen 1 crye precision armor chassis, impossible to find
>>
If you are OK with spending a little, look at LBT. They make top notch gear and the fitment is wonderful. They have a couple on sale right now too. The 6094A is the medium and the 6094B is the large. The sale includes a taco rack as well, so it is actually a pretty good value. I'd be ordering one if I had the money.

http://lbtinc.com/bf15.html
>>
>>28064871
AWS OCPC is a nice 6094 clone. They have some military contracts too. Stitching should all be double from what Ive seen in reviews, not as good as an LBT but for sub 160$ its not bad. Comes in a bunch of colors. http://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52813
>>
>>28065399
Is there a comparable gen 2?
>>
>>28065149
what you're describing is called spalling

Not trying to be a dick, just spreading knowledge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spall
>>
>>28065229
> they don't break when dropped
No u
>>
>>28067131
Wrong, faggot. Your very link demonstrates that point.
Spalling is the term many people misuse to refer to bullet fragmentation when shooting steel plates.

Not trying to be a dick, just spreading knowledge.
>>
>>28068041
they actually don't you idiot. let alone shatter you fucking moron.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.