[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to my first gun show this weekend. From what I hear, everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1385996003072.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1385996003072.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
Going to my first gun show this weekend. From what I hear, everything is overpriced and it's full of faggots. Is this an accurate description?
>>
There are some good deals to be had. Usually right when it opens and just before it closes.

If a firearm is well priced, don't expect it to still be there after checking out the other tables. But if you buy the first find, then you might not have enough for another gem later on.

inb4 beef jerky
>>
For the most part yes.
>>
>>28062807
BZZT
>>
>>28062807
There is always a good deal out of the 99% of crap. But if you find that deal, it will be worth it. Just gotta dig through the crap. Sometimes gun shows are bust though.
>>
For the most part correct, however there are occasional deals. I find them to be more useful for picking up accessories like scope mounts, sometimes holsters and mags, gear bags, cleaning supplies etc.

Although last show I went to I picked up a muzzloader and all the accessories, tools, etc I needed to shoot/ hunt for $150 so not all guys are out to rip you off
>>
>>28062807
You going to Tanner?
>>
>that one guy with his Vietnam shit that nobody wants
>that one guy that's a little too into WWII German antiques
>those guys with muzzleloaders who look like retired Unix sys admins and have zero conversational skills
>>
>>28063679
No, Spartanburg.
>>
>>28063705
These three things are a facet at every gunshow I've ever been to. Bravo /k/omrade
>>
>>28062807
You'll find good deals on things like milsurp. Also, if you're brave enough to venture into new york, the syracuse gun show is a treasure trove of cheap milsurp rifles because the gay as fuck new york laws. Where else would you get a 1942 m1 carbine + 1100 rounds of 30 carbine for $1600?
>>
Lets say you need a ...
Some houge replacement grips for a discontinued pistol
Or...
One redfield mount and a weaver ring for a 1894, or
A holster rig for your pistol

Now lets say a guy with a table at the gun show has that.
Then gun shows are a good thing.

Now, lets say you are shopping for a 2nd generation Glock 19. Then a gun show sucks.

Lets say you have 1500 bucks in your pocket and a middlin knowledge of firearms but no idea what you want and you go to a gunshow.
>>
>>28064099
Don't leave me hanging, bro.
>>
>>28064099
We're still waiting, nigga
>>
>>28062807
eh, I find that things are reasonably priced and sometimes get lucky on a super deal. In my area, its mostly dealers so its nice to have a lot of gunshops basically meet up in one place to let me browse shit. But, it probably varies around the country.
>>
>>28062807
Typically better prices than actual local guns stores. Deals on ammo can be better than online if you're buying in smaller quantities (considering shipping). But regardless you're gonna have to trawl the whole show to find them.

Accessories/parts are hit or miss. My experience is that it's generally not worth it. And buying the guns there is usually priced barely over (maybe 25-30 dollars) the online price + shipping + transfer fee. But you can actually inspect the guns before you pay any money.
>>
>>28064610
not op, but if I were to go get a milsurp rifle, like a Lee Enfield Ishapore, would a gun show be the place to go? Also, how common is that rifle at gun shows?
>>
There's a lot of neckbeards
>>
>>28062807
The only thing I've ever found for cheap at gun shows were magazines.
>>
>>28062807

Make sure to take advantage of the loophole
>>
>>28062807
It depends on what you're looking for. It can be overpriced as fuck for ammo.

But I paid $30 for an A2 stock/buffer/spring assembly and an MOE grip.
>>
File: I approve.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
I approve.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>28062807
My first gun show was at The Scope in Norfolk, was pretty good and I enjoyed it, saw some interesting deals and some guns I probably won't see again and yeah there were some ripoffs but that's a given.

Highlight of the entire experience was when I was over at the milsurp stand when I saw a textbook definition /k/ommando wearing a fedora, plaid shirt, and swim trunks? with a K98 on his back.
>>
>>28062807
>everything is overpriced and it's full of faggots, is this an accurate description?
Yes, but what gun show? Basically stay away from gun shows under 1000 or 1500 tables.
>>
At least it's winter time
> The sweat and BO smell will be less
>>
>>28062807
MN /k/ommando here.

I mostly go to the Minnesota Weapons Collectors show so I miss out on a bulk of the faggotry.
However, after sandy vag there were tons of faggots storming those shows anyway with their over priced mags, ARs, AKs and .22 LR.

MWCA requires a certain percentage of your table to contain military or surplus armament or militaria, and if it doesn't you get kicked out and not allowed at future events.
>>
>>28064610
I found wolf 7.62x39 for 4 dollars a box.
>>
>>28063705
I always have the guy that sells old military jeeps/trucks no one wants at gun shows. And the fudd that wants 20000 grand for a scoped grand.
>>
>>28069798
*20 grand.
>>
>>28062807
95% of the time yes. But there are occasionally good deals. I got my Mas 49 for $500 at a gunshow. Also doesn't hurt to chat up the dealers for a minute. Make a decent friendship and you can get discounts.
>>
>>28064099
Im back.
You come home with $1472.
Six bucks admission, two dollars for a cuwacoffee, 4 bucks for a hot dog and 16 dollars for an autographed photograph of Randy Weaver.
>>
>>28063705
As a General Rule, 99.9999999% of WWII German stuff at gunshows is Fake.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.