[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
intermediate sniper rifle rounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 594345.jpg (163 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
594345.jpg
163 KB, 880x660
>>
>.338 Lapua
>intermediate
Pick one
>>
File: ar76254rfmj148.jpg (55 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
ar76254rfmj148.jpg
55 KB, 800x520
>>
>>28061826
All I could think of, only good as a urban dmr rifle
>>
File: a8rs.jpg (47 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
a8rs.jpg
47 KB, 480x312
8mm Mauser
>>
>>28061826
>>
>>28063152
RPK can be used as a DMR as well
>>
>>28063212
>intermediate
>>
>>28063278
Do you not want your target to suffer
>>
>>28063248
>lmg's that double as a DMR
didnt the bongs do this with the L86 till they got rid of them on the account of it being a sub-par lmg?
also, would it be viable(economical and technical) for a platform to have barrel suited both for long range precision and for sustained full auto fire?
>>
>>28063342

No. We had the idea that our service rifle and LMG would be 6.5mm British and developed our strategies around that for years, while trying to phase out the L1A1s. The idea was to remove any GPMGs in service and replace them with a combined ammo with a lighter service rifle.

Would have worked fine too if NATO didn't like anemic shit and the Germans were so mad at us that they went 5.56mm instead of 6.5 British as their round. Would have literally solved most issues we have today.
>>
260 rem
6.5 lapua
my two favs
>>
I've heard of certain SWAT teams that use .22-250 in some of their marksman rifles. Makes sense to me, the ranges it would be shot at you wouldn't have to worry about bullet drop or over penetration.
>>
Does my .270 wsm count? It does good against deer. I think it definitely fits the intermidiate qualification and the bullet shoots very flat with the high velocity making it easier to shoot accurate at distance.
>>
>>28063366
>NATO
>Anemic shit 5.56

>British
>Knowing anything about bullets

lol should have gone with a .308 m8.
>>
>>28063639
Protip: If it takes down a deer it'll take down a dude.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.