[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/ommandos, let's talk about the Armscor/RIA M5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 3861x2574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 3861x2574
Alright /k/ommandos, let's talk about the Armscor/RIA M5 12 gauge shotgun.
Do any of you have experience with it, and if so what are your thoughts on it?
Is the gun reliable in the long term?
Is the parkerized or nickel finish more durable and resistant to the elements?
What are the gun's weak points?
Does the gun eat any ammo or does it prefer specific types/brands?
What are some good aftermarket accessories?
Is it easy to clean, fix, and replace its parts?
I know some of these questions might seem stupid but I want to be thorough.
>>
>>28060585
if you want aftermarket at all buy a 500/870 or 500/870 knockoff

if you want to buy a beater and leave it stock rias good for that
>>
>>28060585
literally all of your questions have been answered in the multitude of reviews on that very gun.
They're good guns. The action is incredibly smooth. They're pretty much made of all steel, so they're durable as fuck, but also pretty heavy. They're basically a copy of the high standard flite king.
>>
>>28060596
I don't need aftermarket stuff, I just wanted to know what was available. Just incase I come by some extra money.
>>
>>28060666
there's basically no aftermarket. I think you can modify mossberg 500 stocks to fit on it, but I think that's about it.
>>
>>28060633
So I'm not aloud to ask /k/'s opinion on something?
Also in the reviews I've watched/read I haven't seen anything, or at least not enough to from an opinion, on the finish, ammo, long term reliability, or aftermarket accessories.
>>
>>28060672
Good to know, thanks for the input.
>>
>>28060710
>, on the finish, ammo, long term reliability, or aftermarket accessories.
its a budget pump shotgun and the answers hold true for all the 150-250 pricerange pump shotguns

if it rusts buy another one
if it isnt reliable toss it buy another one
if you want aftermarket buy another gun
>>
>>28060710
>So I'm not aloud to ask /k/'s opinion on something?
if you're smart, you wouldn't. You can actually see if someone reviewing a gun actually has some credibility. there's nothing worthwhile we would say that you wouldn't hear from them.
>>
>>28060734
Well /k/ can at least point me in the right direction.
Also /k/ offers a direct Q&A.
>>
Bye thread.
>>
File: RIA M5.jpg (1 MB, 2256x1500) Image search: [Google]
RIA M5.jpg
1 MB, 2256x1500
AMA
>>
>>28060585
The action on the m5 is butter smooth, but everything about it feels cheap, and the bolt was made by a blind retard.
In comparison my Hawk 981R has a grittier action, but the overall tooling on it is much better overall, and it takes some aftermarket rem 870 parts, so you can throw on a vang comp follower, and a wolf extra power spring.
>>
>>28063614
When you shake it, does it rattle?
>>
>>28063782
Nope
>>
>>28063614
Is the nickel plating well applied?
>>
>>28063614
Rate the gun /10 vs others of its price range.
>>
>>28064633
It's not the best, but it's ok

>>28064670
7/10

It has trouble feeding from the tube, and the action can lock up on heavy loads occasionally
But the action is a super smooth proven design, mine just might have some problems with it
I need to see if Rock Island will warranty it
>>
>>28064709
Does the finish protect the gun from the elements at least? Does it last or will I need to get it refinished?
>>
>>28064771
Honestly, it's mostly cosmetic. There's some protection there, but a refinish would be better

It's a $200 gun, so you can't expect much
>>
>>28063614
Can it take a beating and it reliable after extensive use?
>>
>>28064906
Oh yeah, it's a workhorse definitely
>>
>>28064934
Awesome, I've basically narrowed down my choices to this, the Maverick 88, and the H&R Pradner. Which one would you say is the best?
>>
>>28065052
Why what do you have against the norm of pumps 870 or 500?
>>
>>28065052
My pops has a Maverick 88 and it's pretty good for the money, just a normal 500 with some cheaper components

Don't know about the H&R
>>
>>28065108
Well I have an 870 sporting shotgun and I absolutely hate the feeding tube lip. The 500 has a plastic trigger group and I've heard it is really easy to break.
>>
>>28063614
>>28064826
Is the parkenized finish better than the nickel plating as far as protection and durability are concerned?
>>
>>28065113
the pardner is an 870 clone
>>
>>28065313
Maybe a little, but they're pretty similar
>>
>>28060585
Wish they had more reviews on the ria snubs.
>>
>>28065313
park is easy to remove with steel wool nickle plating isnt
>>
>>28065322
And the maverick is a 500 clone.
Yet they are both about $100 cheaper than their parent guns.
Also I'm pretty sure the pardner is I copy of the older 870s.
>>
Bye thread, for real this trime.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.