[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Fun Allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: EnglishShootingPost.jpg (230 KB, 715x771) Image search: [Google]
EnglishShootingPost.jpg
230 KB, 715x771
Has anyone else been kicked out of a range for placing shots too quickly or is this just a British thing?
>>
File: 1447398253361.jpg (17 KB, 200x274) Image search: [Google]
1447398253361.jpg
17 KB, 200x274
>britain
>>
>>28051729
also in california
no fucking rapid fire with our 10 round mags
>>
File: FJ0Hfys.jpg (145 KB, 838x638) Image search: [Google]
FJ0Hfys.jpg
145 KB, 838x638
>tfw live in communist Massachusetts
>member at private outdoor range
>if it's legal, it's allowed
>no RO's
>other than the old guys who run Trap Sundays
>mfw going on /k/ and reading range stories
>>
>>28051729
Of the three ranges around me in Texas, one has a one-shot-per-second rule. But it is also by far the cheapest, so I go to that one a lot.

>inb4 poorfag
>>
>>28053077
>saving a few bucks instead of training like how you would engage someone should you have to defend yourself
I'd rather you be poor than that much of a retard.
>>
>>28053102
>training is all about high speed low drag costa 2 feet targets
Remember when the fundamentals were important? The fuck happened?
>>
>>28053102
>instead of training like how you would engage someone should you have to defend yourself
To be fair, I'm not sure i even CAN fire more than once a second with my obrez.
>>
>>28051729
I never understood this. If someone wants to eat up all their ammunition why not let them? Shooting is a martial art, there's nothing unreasonable about wanting to practice shooting under time pressure.
>>
I never understood the fact that people at a range can get pissy for shooting too fast. What's the issue?
(Then again I shoot on my own property)
>>
>>28051729
We have a rule against rapid fire here in PA at or public ranges (also 4 round limit in magazine for long arms, 6 round limit for handguns kek fuck this state sometimes), but people do it all the time anyway. The worst I've ever seen from anyone doing it is a DCNR asking them to stop or a fudd giving a dirty look.
>>
>>28053138
they're usually afraid that idiots who like to rapid fire will shoot their walls or ceiling because of the recoil

it's an idiot-proofing measure. it sucks, but that's what I understand it as.
>>
>>28053138
I once saw my friend almost triple tap a 1911 into his skull.

That little gril who killed the firearm instructor by shooting an uzi full auto.

Stuff like that, it's stupid, and other safety measures would better prevent it, but it's the quick, easy, and safe watered down business approach.
>>
>>28053152
>they're usually afraid that idiots who like to rapid fire will shoot their walls or ceiling because of the recoil
They should just get better walls. I can't count how many times I've seen shitty ranges with flimsy walls that look like it was made by a middle schooler for a woodworks project.
>>
>>28053152
>>28053155
Right, I guess that makes sense. I want to say it shouldn't apply to regulars or people who obviously know what they're doing, but then everyone thinks they know what they're doing until they fuck up I guess.
>>
>>28053143
They'll always say "it's against range rules" or "its unsafe"
They do it cuz they're either fudds, scaredy cats, or their insurance company threatened to charge the more if they didn't say it
>>
>>28053155
How bad do you have to suck to triple tap a 1911? My mother who is in her fifties just shot my 1911 for the first time and was mag dumping by the end of the day with no issues.
>>
>>28053155
I'd say that falls under natural selection
>>
>>28053169
the outdoor range I travel to on occasion had a very beautiful cement ceiling installed a few years ago. you wouldn't believe the number of holes in it.
>>
>>28051729
My range has a rule against rapid placement, but they're at least intelligent about it. They only care if you start spraying your whole damn magazine. Controlled pairs they don't give a shit, and they're generally cool with 3-4 shot bursts if you're not a retard about it (meaning you don't look like you're about to fall on your ass or it's plainly obvious you have no control of the weapon after the first shot).
>>
It's Britain, most of the people who shoot here are either fudds or only care about target shooting with .22's. Having a little bit of fun while shooting is completely out of the question for most of them.
>>
>>28053188
True, all things considered I'm glad there's a few slow paced super safety ranges out there for new people to get into it in a more relaxed environment. Imagine you're new and nervous and human gatling if next to you just sawing into targets.

>>28053194
Really it was kinda everyones fault. He had never touched a firearm before and we were kinda like, here take this gun with a hair trigger and decent recoil for a newfag. I could kinda tell he was already anxious about the whole thing despite really wanting to try it out, first shot scared him and he jerked into the second shot, and between the recoil and surprise fired off a third, each causing the barrel to rise in his weak grip substantially.

While it wasn't my personal decision to hand it off to him, I could have voiced my concerns about it.

>>28053196
Which has nothing to do range policies, all they see is risk vs reward.
>>
>>28051793
Norwottuck Fish and Game?
>>
>>28053262
Sippican Rod and Gun
>>
>>28053283
Tippecanoe Net and Boomstick?
>>
>>28051729
I got permab& from an outdoor range where I live for using a human shaped target.
Its a good thing I got kicked out before I had to pay the $150 member's entrance fee...

I hate fucking fudds so goddamned much
>>
>>28053324
>$150 member's entrance fee
Wha? Club or range?
>>
>>28053338
Club, but its the only outdoor range near me, and I don't want to drive out 45 miles a week to shoot on blm land
>>
>>28053127
>Muh Vining tier operator action hero bullshit
Is pretty much what happened.
>>
>>28053309
Seekonk Hook and Crossbow?
>>
>>28053355
Well now you have to anyway.
>>
Britfag, Gunowner, target-rifle shooter here... Why was this guy shooting 25yd target rifle targets with what I'm assuming was a semi-auto LSR? He should've been shooting 20yd targets. Also, no-one at my range has been kicked off for rapid-fire. Other shooters usually just laugh. BTW, fun fact, UK Semi-Auto .22s have no magazine limit. People think it's 10 rounds but there are no restrictions. Magazines aren't even counted as part of the rifle, so if you want you can go buy a 45 round drum mag.
>>
>>28051749
>no fucking rapid fire
Blame the lawyers and insurance for that.
>>
>>28053945
>45
Why stop at 45?
We need to make the bongs have a belt fed .22 that can bumpfire.
>>
>>28051729
I heard this happen in other states but I never had to deal with it since I got pretty much tons of areas to shoot with no rules in my state.
>>
File: 5205605580_e17cccd27f_b.jpg (234 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
5205605580_e17cccd27f_b.jpg
234 KB, 1024x681
>>28051729
Bottom line, if its not your property, the rules are clear and concisely against it and you dont have special permission to do so, dont do it. Its really easy,

Not to be 'that guy' but some of you millennials are totally and completely lost in the
>"but its not hurting anybody"
or the
>"Its my choice if i want to (be wasteful of ammo) because its MINE and I can do what i want.

Etiquette rules are etiquette rules. This is the nature of public shooting ranges. If you dont own the range, you dont make the rules, and youre not a "special". Complaining about it getting kicked out for not following the rules is nigger tier.
>>
Canada- at my range, they just ask you not to rapid fire if someone is doing some careful aiming or whatnot in the lane beside you. Pick a further away lane.
>>
>>28051729
Just go shoot in the woods, no rules and you can do what you want.
>>
>>28051729
I used to shoot at Rio Salado on the east side of Phoenix, their only rule is no automatic weapons on Sunday because churches were built close by. I moved to Western Washington and every range has the most ridiculous rules I've ever heard in my life. Like requiring a training class before you can shoot fast, or standing up. Also they want $250/month for this privilege, unless you're a hero cop.
>>
>>28051729
No, and I live in Britain. But then again my club does minirifle where the whole point is shooting quickly.
>>
>>28053138
they use it as retard control. yes people are so bad they will hit other people's targets or shoot over the berm.
>>
>>28053974
GSG make this very nice 110 round for Ruger 10/22s and their own MP5 clone.

Technically bumpfire stocks are legal here, but no one wants to be the test case. (plus they're really hard to import from the US anyway
>>
My usual range don't really like rapid fire (except double taps) in pistol lines
Fine in rifle lines tho
>>
>>28054130
>bumpfire
>.22 LR
Plz.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448928773367.jpg (42 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448928773367.jpg
42 KB, 720x540
>>28051729
I got kicked out of an Australian range because my mate (a new shooter who i was trying to introduce to our dying sport in this country) shot an empty coke can and the RO went ham because of ricochets and how dangerous it was
>ricochet
>coke can at 100yds
>223

The range is fucking 2 hours drive too
>>
>>28051729
>live in country
>backyard range

But there is a range operated by the conservation department that I go to with friends from time to time. I live so far out in the country that it is usually easier to get a group together there than at my house. The range has a list of rules about no automatics or centerfire rifles over .50 caliber. We do mag dumps all the time. Sure, sometimes get dirty looks but since we only shoot when the range is clear, keep the firearms pointed in a safe direction, and are respectful to others no one really complains. Even the conservation agent that has shown up before has said that we are not breaking any rules.

Of course this is the range I got shot at by a kid with a .22.
>>
>>28054184
You can bumpfire .22lr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZSsNUAmdg
>>
>>28051729

Not kicked out but the local government range has gotten employees the past two years. Two guys are great and won't bother you, the other thinks he fucking runs everything and he's a fucking cunt and fudd rolled into one.

actually need to write my state representative about it and see if I can't get that POS fired.

>wants you to sit down if you're shooting a rifle
>no rapid fire
>gotta have his approved target
>crying and bitching if you do things wrong
>>
I have almost been kicked out for doing that... it was some bitch RO on a female power trip.
>>
>>28054209
>got shot at by a kid with a .22

Any more details?
>>
>>28054610
There was some parents and they had a few of the children there. The parents weren't really watching the kids very well. I called for the range to be clear so I could set up some new targets. Parents acknowledged that it was clear and moved their kids back. As I was walking down I heard a .22 wizz by my head. Turned and saw one of the kids was sitting at the table with his rifle. I came unglued and ran towards the kid and snatched the rifle out of his hands. Got into a shouting match with the parents and they gathered up the kids and left.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.