[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyer's Assistance Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Buyer's Assistance Thread

Just an idea to help each other out with purchases on things we want, but don't necessarily know a lot about.

In this case an AK74 found on armslist- pic related. The guy wants $950. Is it worth it /k/? I want an AK model rifle really badly.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4903767/massachusetts-rifles-for-sale--romanian-sar-2-ak74-with-mags--ammo
>>
>>28051614
Depends, are you in MA?

Sar 2's are unicorn rifles in my experience, and usually come with some trigger slap and sometimes canted sights, ask the guy about either of those but remember 98 % of people on armslist are compulsive liars.
>>
For that price I'd rather get an Arsenal SLR-104FR.
>>
>>28051644
agreed, I've heard good things about wasr ak74s, but that's too close to the pricepoint where you get a legit ak-74 front sight base/brake and folder stock
>>
>>28051637
>>28051637
I am in MA, yes. I'll send him and email and see if I can meet him to check it out for those issues. But besides that is this a good price? I mean with 7 preban mags and 500 rounds of ammo that sounds like a good deal to me. Just wanted to be sure the rifle isn't secretly garbage.
>>
>>28052069
It sounds ok to me at least if MA one of those states where you can't have muzzle attachments and other scary things.
>>
>>28052069
You're getting about 350 dollars worth of ammo/accessories if the magazines are all Bulgarian military surplus, which i suspect they are. I'd say its a pretty good deal for a ban state.
>>
File: ibm.jpg (2 MB, 4201x3001) Image search: [Google]
ibm.jpg
2 MB, 4201x3001
Looking to buy myself another gun as a birthday present, but I'm afraid of buying something I won't use or appreciate. Let me start by listing what I have (almost all pistols)/my reasons for owning:
>Kel-Tec PF9: cheap, beater, CC everywhere pistol
>Sig P938: Nicer CC everywhere pistol
>HK P30SK: Indestructible, CC almost everywhere pistol
>FNS-40: Gift, winter carry & bear country carry
>Savage MKII: First gun ever, given to my by pops @13
>Stevens 12 gauge: formality shotgun, given to me by my pops a couple years ago

Yep, I have a pretty serious handgun fetish. I just feel like they're what I'll get the most use out of for everything from every day CC purposes, to range trips, to SHTF

So why the indecision? Here are some options that have crossed my mind, beginning with things besides pistols:
>start building an AR from a lower; gonna happen one day why not start now
>invest in a prebuilt AR or the like (SCAR, MCX, w/e)
>Invest in a rifle in general (mil surp or otherwise) not AR platform; seems like a dead-end to me, specially now that SKS's are overpriced
All the potential handgun purchases I've thought about
>Ruger SP101 as a 'first and last' carry revolver (I only own semis)
>M&P Shield because it's so fucking common now, about to pick one up on principle
>FNS-9c; love my full-size and these look promising/inexpensive
>CZ 1911; looking for another 'first and last' 1911 to round out the collection
>Glock 26/19 because fuck, everyone own a glock, though I could just skip that stage of life

Now it gets weird, because I'm actually considering purchasing a SECOND 'backup' model that's one of the pistols I already have. I figured I could get another Sig or HK and have a training model that gets shot to shit, and a carry model that stays tight and shiny. But at the end of the day, my collection wouldn't really be growing.

I thought I knew what would be the most logical, /k/, but I realize I need your advice. Thanks for any in advance
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Bumping with new images of AK from the original post. He says that it shoots straight but the sights do look off. I had a mosin a year or so ago and it's front sight did the same but it was dead on accurate- I hear it's a Slav armorers thing, that's just how they sight them in.
>>
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 852x640
>>28053874
>>28051614
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>28053891
Last of em
>>
>>28053874
>>28053891
>>28053909
Looks like it has the slightest cant to the shooters right on the FSB, looks fine everywhere else though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.