[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would this actually do anything with the shells not being in barrels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: latest[1].jpg (26 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
26 KB, 400x266
would this actually do anything with the shells not being in barrels?
>>
>>28049543
Yeah.
>>
>>28049543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQ4ff2VqZY

probably wouldnt kill you instantly, but you would bleed out if it hit your artery.
>>
>>28049562
or really anywhere else i should mention. You would die for sure. blanks alone are said to have enough power to blow chunks of your skull into your brain if placed against your head.
>>
I can barely see what's going on in your atomic-scale image, but those look like some little metal collets holding the shells, which would partially direct the blast before becoming shrapnel themselves.

So yeah, probably would be pretty devastating to such tender, vital tissue. But it wouldn't blow the head off or sever anything.
>>
>>28049569
>I can barely see what's going on in your atomic-scale image
you should probably get your sight checked. it's not a big picture, but it's not that small.
>>
>>28049562
This video is a pretty shitty representation since, you know, it's in a barrel.

>>28049543
Likely not, the shot has far more mass and collecting integrity than the plastic side walls and brass head. It would probably blow outward from the sides and back.
>>
>>28049543
There's nothing holding the shell in place, it would fly out the back once the gunpowder goes. Could cause nasty cuts, but that's about it.
>>
>>28049579
for you
>>
>>28049566
First blanks fired from a blank gun are different from chambered shells. Without a barrel gasses disperse in all directions stopping the pressure wave that cause the trama found from rumored blank gun deaths.

Secondly the only recorded time someone died from a blank was when an actor joking put a blank gun to his head and the blast broke some of his skull and pushed it into his brain effectively killing him via brain death.
>>
>>28049562
>shoots it outside of a barrel
>does nothing
I don't think that's really a good video showing why it would work.
the only chance that has of working is if the little holders are sufficient for keeping the shot directed properly.
>>
>>28049614
*unchambered shells
>>
>>28049614
Brandon Lee died after he shot a squib into his head lol. Propelled by a blank.
>>
>>28049632
not really a blank killing someone.
>>
>>28049632
Correction, he got shot in the abdomen.
>>
>>28049632
Close it was a live round with the powder dumped out. They were to cheap to buy dummy ammo so they made there own. This is why you pay for a good armorer when filming.
>>
>>28049644
I wasn't trying to correct you niggerfaggot, I was just saying, it's funny and in the same line of situation.

>>28049652
>Close it was a live round with the powder dumped out
No you fucking idiot, the primer fired the bullet into the barrel, then they exchanged with blanks to get the visual effect for the scene and shot the stuck bullet out of the barrel and into Lee.
>>
>>28049645
Sounds like a survivable wound.
>>
>>28049677
.44 magnum stronk.

I'm not sure the full details on it, read it on wikipeds. He went into 6 hours of surgery and died.
>>
>>28049543
I'd say it strongly depends on the load and the fixture itself.
From the looks of it the shells are allowed to fly out backwards.
In this case you are delivering only half of the energy.
Still dangerous, but may not be lethal.
>>
File: 1448962365759.jpg (161 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
1448962365759.jpg
161 KB, 1200x798
>>28049569
Here, scaled up

>>28049579
It's pretty crap as-is. Without zooming I can see some shot shells but I don't know what they're attached to or what the lady is moving with her finger.
>>
>>28049947
lol flat hammer and loosely secured shells. All this would do is push the shells further into the harness.
>>
>>28049947
>flat hammers
>atleast two of them aren't even cocked
>>
>>28049677
Ok, well he died
>>
>>28049543
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>28050168
for you
>>
>>28050004

>At least two of them aren't even cocked.

In the defense of the collar, the woman behind the woman in the chair is actually in the process of cocking them.
>>
>>28049543
this thread packed with idiots...

those shells are contained enough that the energy is going to go in a mostly forward direction, not radially out the sides of the shells.

it's highly likely this would kill someone if it was functional. Probably not full watermelon head like the movie though.
>>
>>28049609

If that was possible the shells would just slide out anyway - they're probably glued into place.

But even so, what would actually happen is that both shot and shell would recoil in opposite directions - First Law of Motion my relative.
>>
>>28049543
What is this from and why does it look like it's meant to be erotic?
>>
>>28050321
Rig the firing mechanism to a pressure switch that goes up the butt. See how long they last
>>
>>28049543
It would be extremely painful...
>>
Anybody ever tried making their own traps like in those Saw movies?
>>
>>28050625
Yes, someone was kidnapped and had an explosive collar clamped to their neck. His task was to rob a bank, but the timer didn't give him enough time to get back to the killer
>>
>>28050321

Saw 3 or something. The one where he dies.

>>28050681

I thought the police stopped him and they didn't believe his story until he went kaboom.
>>
>>28050596
>>28050596
f-for you
>>
>>28050625
>>28050681
>>28050939

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brian_Douglas_Wells
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.