[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burke Flight III, Atago and Type 45. Which one is the best destroyer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: abty.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1427) Image search: [Google]
abty.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1427
Burke Flight III, Atago and Type 45.

Which one is the best destroyer class right now?
>>
>>28046709
A 1v1 the Type 45 would beat both. Why? Because the III doesn't exist "right now" and the Atago has worse radar and missiles.

For all around practical purposes the Burke III wins.

If you want to act like you're an independent nation, the Atago.
>>
>>28046709
Flight III doesn't exist yet. It'll be the best in all aspects once it does though.

Currently Flight IIA Burke is probably the best all-rounder. Daring has better air defenses on a one on one basis with Burkes (aside from BMD right now), Burkes have better in the context of a carrier group. Burkes are also better ASW and SuW platforms, since that's not what the Daring is built for at all.

Atago probably has the worst air defense of the three (though it has the SM-3 which is nice), but it's more versatile than the Daring.
>>
>>28046742

Type 45 has a slightly better radar and better AA missiles. But Atago has two times more cells that will soon get SM-6.

At anti ship it's not even comparable. Nips have better missiles than Harpoons and SM-2 can be fired at ships. Aster can't.
>>
>>28046815
>Atago probably has the worst air defense of the three

It's exactly the same as Burke. Same radars and same missiles. Nips are working on Aegis and SM series together with USA.
>>
>>28047137
It doesn't have it yet, and I was talking about the present. I'm sure it will have it by the time of the Flight III Burke though.

It does also have the deficiency of lacking ESSM or other missile-based point defense. It has Phalanx, but that's rather lackluster in comparison.
>>
>>28047190
*doesn't have SM-6 yet
>>
>>28047190

It can use ESSM. But Akizukis are the ESSM platforms in Japanese Navy.

Ships never operate alone.
>>
>>28046709
>Burke Flight III
>>
>>28047104
>SM-2 can be fired at ships

All the SM 2s with that capability were retired and theynever bothered to have that feature on any new SM variants
>>
>>28047385

Probably because ESSM does that role now. Type 45 don't have CAMM yet so it has no similar capability.

Even when they get CAMM they will still have two times less cells.

While Aegis will obviously get upgraded to match Sea Viper. I think nips are working on their own version too.
>>
>>28047385
Do you have a source? I can't find anything stating later blocks of the SM-2 don't have that capability.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.