[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger Super BlackHawk 44
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 0802.jpg (13 KB, 475x167) Image search: [Google]
0802.jpg
13 KB, 475x167
Anyone got one of these? What are your thoughts
>>
>>28036020
good. buy one.
>>
Fun gun. The recoil isn't even close to as bad as people will tell you it is. Let it jump and twist all it wants to- it won't hurt you. While the muzzle is pointed up, hook your thumb over the hammer spur and gravity will do all the work for you.

You can load up .44 mag to the point where it can throw a 325 grain bullet around 1400 fps. It'll shoot through a 300 lb pig from any angle too.
>>
>>28036020
I don't have a Super. I do have a couple of standard Blackhawks, one in .357 Magnum and one in .45 Colt. Aside from the slightly different grip frame, they're the same. Rugged and reliable and pretty, too. The Super Blackhawk is one of a few designs that will take .44 Magnum +P+ without a problem.
>>
File: IMAG0758.jpg (3 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0758.jpg
3 MB, 2688x1520
All 10.5 inches of her.
>>
Are those Herretts grips?
>>
Sort of, I'm waiting. I got my dads old super Blackhawk bought in 72. Had some problems with it so I had to send it in to Ruger and it's coming back fixed.
>>28036093
Agree on the recoil and I only fired a dozen or so rounds before the problems started. What I like the most is the accuracy. I found it hitting exactly where I wanted and with .44 mag firepower to boot. It's a great handgun.
>>
don't own one but I've shot one...it gave me a full chub. .44 is an awesome round.
>>
>>28036020
Shitty fake bluing over stainless steel and aluminum alloy. You'd be much better off with a VP9.
>>
I shortened a bunch of them to ejector-rod length, and some to 5.5". It's a light-ish woods gun.
>>
File: 1434955738297.jpg (18 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
1434955738297.jpg
18 KB, 192x262
>>28036279
more pics
>>
>>28036020
Got one.

Nice gun shoots well and pretty accurate.

I took down a small tree with one using hollowpoints.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.