[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lefty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 638x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 638x493
Hey /k/ I'm looking to get a handgun for a lefty and I'll I'm finding online is semi-ambi guns where you can switch the mag release/safety. I'd like to find one with those features that also has the slide catch on the right side. Are there any manufacturers that do that?
>>
>>28035227
Build an AR with an ambi switch, you'll be fine
>>
File: HK-P30LS-V3-Dasa-9mm-left.jpg (66 KB, 1200x846) Image search: [Google]
HK-P30LS-V3-Dasa-9mm-left.jpg
66 KB, 1200x846
>>28035227
The FNS has an ambi magazine release, not sure about slide stop.
Most new HK's are all ambi with mag release and slide release. Walther PPQ M1 has the paddle release for ambiness
>>
My lefty Co Worker wanted a 1911. Couldn't work the controls.

Then wanted a Glock. Couldn't work the controls.

So finally was suggested the Springfield XD. Bam. Ambidextrous.
>>
File: 1373248262688.jpg (110 KB, 337x334) Image search: [Google]
1373248262688.jpg
110 KB, 337x334
>>28035322
>don't do this
>>
I've done what
>>28035308
>>28035314
are suggesting and shit is fine. Went for the Sig P320 and have a P938 for handguns. Try out what you can, the AR platform is great for us and the ambi safety is all I would go out of my way for.
>>
All of the fnp/ fnx have ambi safety and ambi slide catch.
>>
>>28035351
And ambi mag too.

The fnp/fnx/fns are the most lefty friendly / full ambi guns around.

Ignore the squishy meme
>>
>>28035344
Love my stag left ar.
>>
Fellow lefty. My first handgun was a M&P because of the ambi slide lock. I still think is a good bet 4you.

I personally can get used to most non ambi slide locks by shifting my hand except for glawks. I'd just go to a gun store and fingernail a few different brands.
>>
>>28035426
Fingerbang fuck
>>
>>28035314
So i just looked at fn their guns have the ambi slide stop. I don't know why I didn't realize this before. That's perfect and a little closer to the price range im looking at. Thanks!
>>
>>28035227
>being a dirty southpaw
>>
>>28035227

You can get one of these.
>>
>>28035227
Sig P320. But really, I just slingshot the slide. I also use my trigger finger to release the magazine. Really never ran into any major issues being left handed.
>>
Lefty here

Ruger sr9 fully ambi
>>
Walter PPQ fully ambi
>>
XD's
>>
>>28035498
how much does that cost? my right arm?
>>
>>28036776
I admit, I smiled a little.
>>
As a lefty, I always lean toward getting a more ambi gun (or just any normal gun), rather than getting a left handed version of a gun. It's a righty's world, and you don't want to wind up kicking yourself later because you can't find lefty parts/asccessories.
also rightys will be able to use them without confusion too.
>>
>>28035314
>Want PPQ 5-inch really badly
>Only available in M2 version with the button
After using a PPQ once, that German paddle release seems like it would actually be so intuitive to use (for me anyways), wish they stuck with it.
>>
>>28037233
Are you me? I was planning on grabbing one of those fuckers and getting the barrel TiN coated for maximum Deus Ex, but the lack of a paddle stopped me
>>
>>28037233

just get an HK then senpai.
>>
>>28035227
Lefty here, just learn to use it, I mean shit you should be able to shoot with either hand anyway.

This is the reason we're more intelligent than right handed people statistically, don't dumb yourself down.
>>
>>28035227
>Hey /k/ I'm looking to get a handgun for a lefty and I'll I'm finding online is semi-ambi guns where you can switch the mag release/safety. I'd like to find one with those features that also has the slide catch on the right side. Are there any manufacturers that do that?
FNXes do that
>>
>>28035322
I've found that using my index finger to work the slide stop works fine on glocks, maybe your friend is retarded
>>
>>28038013
Lefty here, been able to do it with all the HK pistols i've played with, but I can't even work the ambi slide release on the P320 with my left hand thumb.

Sig slide releases are a bitch.
>>
>>28038093

I dislike sigs cause the hump from the decocker assembly messes with my trigger finger placement.
>>
>>28038270
The new ones with the E2 grips have less of a hump though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.