[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What got you into CC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
I'm a manlet, and I ended up watching too many robbery, etc videos online. Now I'm always watching my back, when I leave places, and get in and out of my car. Guess it's not a bad thing.a what about you guys?
>>
File: Talk_shit_get_hit.webm (2 MB, 468x352) Image search: [Google]
Talk_shit_get_hit.webm
2 MB, 468x352
Manlet here too.
I know I couldn't take somebody 6 inches taller than me in a fist fight unless they were overweight or overly skinny.

I'm not the kind to start fights, nor am I bitch - looking enough for people to normally start fights with me. But I live on the edge of a bad neighborhood. Hear gunshots and sirens everynight. Punks race down my street blasting trap music at 2 in the morning
>>
File: jobs.gif (760 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
jobs.gif
760 KB, 500x210
I don't really know. I know a few years ago when I was spiraling into my crazy conspiracy phase I got into guns and eventually got my permit to carry. But I've only recently started carrying a lot more after a ex threatened me. I'm female and I refuse to purse carry. I finally got a holster that works and doesn't print badly.

When I went to see Mockingbird a few weeks ago I carried though. Right after the Paris shit, plus I was thinking of the Colorado theater shooting too.

>mfw my dad asks me why I don't purse carry
>"but it would be so much more comfortable"
>>
Stalkers & break-ins convinced me I need sonething bigger than a stick for self defense
>>
Was at a bar with wife on our anniversary and some drunk douche decided he wanted to fight. I'm not small (6'4", 220, pretty fit) but this guy was just about my size and a fucking ruskie.

He talked shit and I ignored him but he grabbed me and tried to throw a punch or two. I disengaged and we got out of the bar but he pursued us out and to a cab. I finally smashed his face enough that he started to back off and managed to knock out the chick he was with by tossing a slow and lazy parting punch.

I realized at that point that no matter how big, tough, or trained you think you are some random asshole can still ruin your night. So in light of that thought and the possibility of future threats I decided I would get my CC permit. Wife got hers too although she never carries her pistol, just some Saber
>>
I'm a 5'1" paranoid fagstick
>>
>>28033132
I learned a few matial arts as a kid and went to competitions and things. One night on my way home from a night out some guy tried to rob me and I put his head through a car windscreen and ran off. The next time the same guy tried to rob me with some of his friends but my buddy who CCs was with me and quickly diffused the situation. Now they don't try and fuck with me. After that I decided to get my license. I can handle myself 1 on 1 with most people, I can't do shit if it's 3 guys or 2 with a weapon of any kind.
>>
I just really like annoying anti-fun people by wandering about enjoying my civil rights
>>
>>28033802

So you'd draw on a drunk dude that was trying to start shit?
>>
>>28033981
That's kind of the idea behind carrying
>>
>>28033985

I was genuinely curious, only because i never would draw in that situation.

However, my circumstances are different and people don't just try and start shit with me (or haven't as of yet, maybe that's where I'm wrong).
>>
>>28033985
No it's not.
You CC to protect your life.
Not to protect yourself against a drunk guy who tries to punch you. (In which case, flee)
>>
>>28033752
>Jamal jacks your purse out of nowhere
>>
Wow everyone's a paranoid Manlet. I'm a manlet but only started carrying in my late 20s because I like guns.
>>
>>28033981
Nah you missed the point. I wouldn't pull a gun for some stupid fistfight. The drunk dude was just an example. That shit could have played out a dozen ways. I could've whipped his ass and he or one of his buddies could've pulled one on me.
Wife and I could be out one night and have some scumbag jump us. Etc.

I didn't go out that night or any other looking for a fight but a fight is what I got that time. What's to say someone won't pull a gun on me one of these days? I'd like to be ready if they do.
>>
>>28034111

>>28034059 here.

thats what my feeling is as well, however, i do know of instances of people getting beaten to death. So in that aspect, i guess, it would be warranted?

Idk. I still never would.
>>
>>28034111
Yeah except "fleeing" doesn't always work pal. Reread my little story and the part where the drunk fuckhead followed us all the way out to the road where we were catching a cab
>>
>>28034133

Yeah i definitely understand your point now.
>>
>>28034059

Not that guy, but being drunk is not an excuse to start shit with a complete stranger. He can talk shit all he wants, but him grabbing the guy and then following him is a situation that perfectly warrants drawing.

That guy has a shit ton more patience than me. My gf would have maced or tazed his as soon as he grabbed me, and then she would have beat the shit out of him with her baton

I would have definitely drawn on him if he followed us out of the bar.
>>
>>28033752
London
O
N
D
O
N
Seriously I'm glad you don't purse carry, my older sister does and when I tried explaining why its dumb she brushed it off, then once at the gym with her and her bf I took her purse and left to prove a point
She still decides to purse carry.
>>
>>28034140
There isn't a fine line between a punch coming from a drunk guy and a guy beating you to death.
A gun is not supposed to be a shield, nor a deterrent. A gun carried for CC is supposed to KILL.

Picture this: someone wants to fight you. Because you're a pussy, you draw your gun. What if the other guy also has a gun? He'll draw, and one of you will end up dead. Even if he doesn't have one, he may very well come at you, in which case he'll probably die, or steal your gun and kill you. Don't draw your gun until it's "kill or get killed'.
>>
>>28033132
>What got you into CC?

Because I could.
>>
>>28034192
Yup I agree with that! For the non-leathal engagements you should either know a little hand to hand or carry a can of mace foam

Never know when some cocksucker with too much liquor in his system doesn't like the way your hair is cut and thinks that's reason enough to start shit
>>
>>28034192
>A gun is not supposed to be a shield, nor a deterrent. A gun carried for CC is supposed to KILL.

But it can be, and it can do this very well

>What if the other guy also has a gun?
He can't if you've already drawn on him

>Even if he doesn't have one, he may very well come at you
And this is the kind of person you want to have a fucking fist fight with?

Him charging you proves you made the right choice by

>Don't draw your gun until it's "kill or get killed'.

>Pull on him
>He realizes he fucked up
>Tell him to turn around and lay on the ground
>Call police

Congratulations, you've diffused the situation without you or him getting hurt.
>>
>>28034131
Everyone under 6'5" is manlet
>>
>>28034192
Well for some people fists are deadly weapons, especially ones with martial arts or boxing lessons. If some dude 6'6 wanted to fight me and I couldn't diffuse, I'd probably OC him and if that didn't work I'd draw, cause no way I'd let him get his hands on me.
>>
>>28034227
>But it can be, and it can do this very well
Until the situation goes FUBAR.

>He can't if you've already drawn on him
Says who?

>And this is the kind of person you want to have a fucking fist fight with?
Why the fuck would I want to have a fist fight with the guy? Also, if he's charging you because you drew your gun, it's YOUR fault that it has become a "killed or be killed" situation.

>Pull on him
>He realizes he fucked up
>Tell him to turn around and lay on the ground
>Call police
Do you live in la-la land? Guns aren't magic, and even if you shoot first, he may very shoot back and kill you.
>>
>>28034312

So what exactly are you arguing in favor of then?

If you're in a situation with someone this irrational, then anything short of just blasting him in the head is a mistake.
>>
>>28034111
>punch to your head
>not potentially deadly
>>28034059
Do you have any clue how much violence is committed by drunk assholes?

>>28034162
>being drunk is not an excuse to start shit
Hear, hear.
>>
>>28034336
Well, it depends on the context, but I'm pretty sure you can outrun a drunk guy and get to your car in time in 95% of situations. Lethal intent can be predicted to varying degrees, but drawing a gun on someone is crossing a line that may very well end up in someone being dead. It's not as if you were encountering a dangerous animal in the woods.

Either he's mentally sane, and can be reasoned with to some degree (in which case you don't need to draw), or he's not and canot be reasoned with, in which case, he will not be deterred by your gun.
>>
>>28034397
>punch to your head
>not potentially deadly

Do you draw on your girlfriend when she slaps your face for being such a wuss? Slaps can be deadly you know, aneurisms are a real thing.

So is autism, btw.
>>
Heart condition. I can't hold out in a fight, and I know I can hit hard enough on my own to win due to the limitations my heart has put on my physical abilities.
>>
>>28033132
>DNA is the surest way to get caught

Way too much CSI
>>
the desire to legally kill a nigger
>>
I cc because then I have a gun I can pull out so I am always in the right.
>>
File: 1446347217702.gif (119 KB, 200x78) Image search: [Google]
1446347217702.gif
119 KB, 200x78
>>28033132
I'm a pretty big guy at 6'4" 240, pretty fit as well and I box, but none of that means shit when some psycho starts shooting up the theatre I'm in, or some Allahu akbar starts shooting up the Starbucks I'm in. Point is size, training, and physical prowess are important, but they're not enough in alot of situations, that's why I CC.
>>28034246
Well I guess I'm a manlet then faggot, but your ass better be over 7' if I'm a manlet to you.
>>
>>28034605
lefties are anti-guns anyways
>>
File: cop-barrel-roll-o.gif (776 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
cop-barrel-roll-o.gif
776 KB, 320x180
>>28033132
>>28033642
Being hyper-aware isn't necessarily a bad thing. But you midgets have to be careful of adapting "Napoleon Syndrome" as a defensive posture. You see all those hyper-aggressive manlet cops shooting unarmed men? Yeah, don't do that.
>>
File: 1445996177637.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1445996177637.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>28034605
>>28034612
You're both retarded. Congratulations.
>>
>>28033132
Even though I am tall, no matter how much I work out, I don't have the strength potential that half the population does, and no amount of bullshit is going to change that. So I carry to level the playing field, so I won't be killed just because the other person is bigger and stronger than me. That, and there are plenty of those with guns oit there willing to rob people.
>>
sick of getting robbed at night. had to take matters into my own hands against roody-poos
>>
>>28035122
Lol, how many times you get robbed?
>>
>>28033752
Btw either you carry always or you never carry.

You cannot just carry when Paris attacks have occurred or when you read the news.
>>
>>28034111
>kek detected
jokes aside, I understand your what you're saying. No point in escalating to something that extreme over a fist fight. But he was continuously harassing him. I believe that warrants him pulling a gun for his personal safety.
>>
>>28035291
you know what, I'm fucking wrong. You should never pull until it's kill or be killed. Fuck me for being stupid. Sorry /k/
>>28034111
>>
>>28034192
This.

Last time I brought up the "level of threat" argument, I have been called an anti-gun fag.
But I wasn-t talking /pol/. I am seriously convinced that if you're the one with the head on his shoulders, you should never draw first unless the perceived threat warrants it as the only viable solution.

This does not mean you have to let them beat you up... but drawing with no intention to fire and stop is automatically a fail because you might trigger an escalation you're not ready to deal with.
>>
File: 1447747550789.png (247 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1447747550789.png
247 KB, 377x377
>>28034430
That's one weak ass argument anon, want to try again?
>>
>>28034609
I love how Ameriburgers display concern for terrorists storming starbucks, which is a very low-chance event... but then forefit checking the car tyres even though road accidents kill more people than guns.

I love how you are super prepared for a thing that may never happen and yet you do not implement basic everyday shit like recycling, domestic safety, correct storage of household chemicals, hygienic handling of food...

Do you realize that even if you CC, the likelihood you suffer food poisoning is still higher than the likelihood of getting shot at?

And beware, I am not against CC at all. It's just your paranoia makes me wonder how screwed up your priorities are.
>>
File: 1447005395047.jpg (28 KB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
1447005395047.jpg
28 KB, 300x336
>>28034336
It takes three pounds of pressure to the knee to put someone down for good anon. If he's drunk, he's more than likely going to get in close enough range for you to grab his shirt and push down on his knee cap with your boot
>that's just what I would do
>>
>>28033132
I am amused by the fact all perfect crime plans fail to posit a basic assumption.

In order to work, they need a PERFECT justice system. In a perfect system you can get away with murder this way... but institutions are hardly perfect and even if you are the paranoid perfect killer there is still a chance the judiciary fucks up and still jails you even if they do not have full evidence for that.

So, basically, a lazy judge or a jury of gullible idiots are always a threat to your freedom. So are police officers and you can veritably end up spending years of your life making appeals to court rulings based on prejudices.

...and whoever tries to reply by claiming their judiciary is very efficient needs to shut the fuck up and start getting out of their bedroom.
>>
>What got you into CC?
Well, I like guns, and I like holding them and carrying them and shooting them and taking them apart and looking at them, so naturally I would carry them around. I also found out at a young age that open cary is for people who like attention, I personally don't like at all when people pay attention to me, so I conceal.
Good enough?
>>
>>28035380
>Weak ass argument
You mean as weak as:
>A..A..A PUNCH CAN BE LETHAL
>>
>>28035528
I feel like you've never been in a fight
Most of the time, especially considering a drunk man, if he hits you and you're on the ground they will continue hitting. Know what a concussion is? That shit fucks you up. Know what broken ribs means? Punctured organs.
>implying fist fights can't be lethal
fucking grow up you basement dwelling faggot
>>
>>28035504
What? If you leave no evidence, they have no way of convicting you m8 that only applies if for some reason you're suspect and on trial
>>
>>28035586
>I feel like you've never been in a fight
I have, and I'm perfectly fine now.

Might not have been the case, had I pulled out a gun.
>>
>What got you into CC?
6'5" 215 pounds with low body fat and in my youth 6 years of kickboxing for fun, not the yogapants shit.
I am completely frightened of the 98lb crack addict with a rusty trusty saturday night special.
I really should move, but I don't like the 1+ hour commute to the burbs each way every day.
>>
>>28035291
>But he was continuously harassing him. I believe that warrants him pulling a gun for his personal safety.
The response to a threat has to be proportionate, or you're escalating the situation.

>He punches you
You punch him
>He follows you
You follow him

problem solved, you're welcome
>>
>>28033132
I value my life over some dindus
>>
>>28035654
Nu, read this >>28035341
>>
>>28035633
I'm not saying to pull a gun, but to say that a fist fight doesn't have the potential to be lethal? That's just fucking ignorant.
Do no misunderstand, you shouldn't pull a gun until it's killed or be killed.
>>
File: Manley tears gets a gun.gif (3 MB, 449x336) Image search: [Google]
Manley tears gets a gun.gif
3 MB, 449x336
>>28033132
>>28033642
Reminded me of this .gif
>>
>>28035760
It's kill or be killed as soon as one person crosses the threshold into violence. Proportionality is irrelevant when you are protecting your physical well-being.

Personally, I think the world can use less violent people, don't you?
>>
File: hidingbehindcompy.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hidingbehindcompy.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>28035390
I check my car regularly and have it serviced regularly because I'm not some fucking retard. Obviously the chance of a terrorist attack or mass shooting occurring in any location you're in is small, doesn't mean I don't want to be prepared. I'm not paranoid, but I do accept that there are easy steps I can take to be prepared should shit happen, like CC and having a good emergency food and water stockpile, backup generator, ammo stockpile etc. On that note, what's your stockpile of emergency supplies look like anon? Do you have a bug-out plan if necessary? More importantly what's your bug-in plan?
>>
>always into guns
>be 19
>leaving gym
>get mugged
>turn 21
>buy gun
>carry

Bad circumstances led to my choices.
>>
>>28035881
Why yes, I agree with this. But due to differences in race, culture, customs, and religions this will never happen.
So I'd rather be packing, due to increasing violence and violent people in the world
>tl;dr go watch Equilibrium, that's a "non-violent" world
>>
>>28033132
Running early in the morning and living way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere.
Got worried at how many black bears I saw (I know, I know) and the occasional coyote. What got me concealing is the fact that I'm really awkward about the fact that I don't want people to know I carry a gun.
Thankfully I became a normie.
>>
>>28033132
>be 16
>walking down the street, admittedly late at night
>white crackheads approach me, two of them
>must have good intentions
> "hey man what you got on you?"
>4 years wrestling in HS, 3 years Roman Grecco, 3 years MMA at local gym
>square up, "don't fucking do this"
>crackheads start scrapping, knock both down
>looking at crackhead number 2
>crackhead 1 sticks folding knife in leg
>adrenaline pumping, jump back and yank it out, blood pours out
>I look at them, they look at me
>crackheads run
>limp home as fast as I can
I'm 20 now, getting my CC when I turn 21
>>
>>28036074
>2 years of wrestling in middleschool, other 2 in highschool
sorry you guys
>>
>>28036074
>>28036084

At least you're not permanently hurt and now you understand that all that mma shit is just a meme and completely useless in real life fights
>>
Because I ain't running away very fast on a fucked up right knee.

Because fucked up shoulder and hand mean you don't fistfight so good anymore.

Because fuck you.
>>
>>28034408
>95 percent of situations
Like when you need to take a cab home?
>>
File: 1431121178550.png (1 MB, 836x1335) Image search: [Google]
1431121178550.png
1 MB, 836x1335
Being chased by a Jeep Grand Cherokee into a cemetery at night. Also, being in a semi-shitty neighborhood and being a height-functioning manlet.
>>
>>28033981
What about when drunk dude tackles you in the parking lot and is pounding your head into the ground
>>
>>28033132

I was robbed at knifepoint. Dude who did it made 3 or 4 attempts to stab me after I handed over wallet and phone. At the risk of sounding dramatic, it was the most terrifying and disempowering thing to have ever happened to me. I could process the fact that I got robbed as a 'shit happens' type thing, but the fact that the piece of shit tried to kill me even after complying really rattled me.

Cops were fantastic and went the extra yards to make sure that the bad guy was charged and loaded him up with everything they could.

I had to go to court and give evidence and everything.

After that I swore that I would never again go through something like that. If I would have had a gun on me at the time, I would have shot that fucker dead. He got pleaded down to 4 years jail. I was happy with that.

Applied for and obtained CC permit. Now have S&W Model 60

TL:DR - Got robbed, didn't like it, obtained CC permit.
>>
>>28033132
Ran over a deer one rainy night doing like 60, car spun around when I locked it up and the fucker was broken and flailing in the road.
Gf was screaming, deer was screaming and all I had was a goddamn can of fix-a-flat.
So I left it, and she left me, and the deer died a shitty prolonged death.
Also I might get to play hero one day.
>>
>>28033132
Because I like guns and already practice with them.

Because I'm 5'11" and 120lbs and don't know how to fight.

Because there aren't many reasons not to.

Because as >>28036282 put it best: fuck you.
>>
ITT: i have a gun because i feel inadequate in some way

bunch of compensating cliches you are
>>
>>28034609

if you're not a manlet then you're just a easier target
>>
File: mcnoggins savage.jpg (61 KB, 524x372) Image search: [Google]
mcnoggins savage.jpg
61 KB, 524x372
>>28035881
This. I've been in street fights, and they can get VERY dangerous VERY quickly. Whoever thinks you can't easily die in a street fight is a basement-dwelling faggot. There are no rules, and you never know what the other person is going to do.

If someone is willing to attempt to initiate a violent attack on me, that person is simultaneously forfeiting his right to any expectation of physical well-being.

TLDR: If you initiate physical violence in a situation where there was none, you deserve to, and should, be shot and killed.
>>
>>28038501
>ITT: I have a gun because I feel disadvantaged in some way

FTFY you fucking bootlicker. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun if you feel that you're at a dosasvantage.
>>
>>28035390

That's some real-ass projecting goin' on there nigga
>>
>>28039484
Maybe you should move out of Detroit, nigga.
>>
>>28038056
How did you prove he tried to stab you?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.