[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i really want an mp5 because lets face it who doesnt, but i really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: zenithz5rs (3 of 19).jpg (110 KB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
zenithz5rs (3 of 19).jpg
110 KB, 1000x540
i really want an mp5 because lets face it who doesnt, but i really cant justify spending over $1600 on a $400 stamped metal gun with a $1200 reputation. i dont really want a skorpion because thats already like $900 and there is 0 aftermarket or surplus since it is brand spankin new. wat do.
also pcc thread i guess.
>>
So don't fucking buy it?
>>
>>28027127

perhaps you can get one later when you arnt such a poorfag.? Or save up and get it? or get something else? fucking gun buying isnt rocket science
>>
>>28027140
gee good idea why didnt i think of that
>>
Buy one of the MP5SD .22's with a "suppressor" and tell everyone it is, indeed, a suppressed 9mm, cause it sure will sound like it. Then, if someone ever calls you out on it, ask them if they want to get shot in the foot to see if its 9mm or .22LR
>>
>>28027157
Then what is the point of this thread?

You bitch about two guns and how you don't want to buy them, and offer nothing else.
>>
MP5
>$1800-$2500 price tag
>at least another $150-$250 for a nice stock if it's in pistol form
>another $200 for SBR paperwork
>looking at anywhere between $2150-$3000 for a single 9mm that can't be converted to full auto legally no matter what unless you go through a shit ton of hoops that cost thousands more

Scorpion Evo

>$750-$900 unit price
>$250 for the SBR kit
>$200 for the SBR paperwork
>$1200-$1350 for a 9mm SBR that's sexy as fuck and still can't be legally converted to full auto without the same amount of bullshit and SOT shit as the MP5.

Honestly. I'm thinking of throwing my MP5 dreams to the wind and just picking up the scorpion and being done. Shit, I can get mags locally for $23 after tax and 9mm ammo is plentiful as fuck here because everyone and their mum uses either 38 spl or .40 s&w for some reason.
>>
>>28027211
I think he wants us to give a pros and cons to validate his position?

Just get the fucking gun you want when you can afford it. You know you're not gonna be happy with a skorpion.
>>
>>28027232
Don't give up on the dream man. Just get the practical Evo now and the MP5 clone latter
>>
Wtf is the point of a semi automatic submachinegun anyway? They aren't even fun.
>>
>>28027879
You can pet it and dream of the day the Hughes Amendment is repealed.
>>
File: 1447172627530.jpg (41 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1447172627530.jpg
41 KB, 438x750
>>28027127

If you're looking for a PCC, you have multiple other options, OP. If you can find one on Gunbroker, you could always try for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. Hi-Point make a solid PCC too, regardless of reputation of the parent company and at half the going Gunbroker price of the Sub2K. There's also a pistol caliber version of the M1 Carbine put out by Citadel, but that's a piece of shit.
>>
>>28027232
> buying a SBR kit
> not just buying an armbrace and tell faggots it´s a real fucking stock
>>
What happened to all those Turkish mp5s?
>>
>>28027127
I got to fire a real fun moded supressed MP5 once, was pure sex.

But I feel ya, and heres the problem with civilian legal semi auto converted sub guns:
1: The price is inevitably much higher because lets be honest, you aint ever gonna get an MP5 elsewhere. (Similar shit to vepr dragunov clones, it costs maybe $300 to build that rifle, but REAL dragunovs are worth thousands so the clone is now a $1300 gun cuz it looks like the expensive one!)
2: the only reason subguns have a reputation as a good weapon is because they fill a role by being full auto. Once they are made semi only you realise "oh, this is kind of a shitty gun without the 900 RPM fire rate....."
3: You are not a SWAT ninja who needs to be able to lower yourself through a duct on a rappelling line, crawl through 300 ft or conduit, and shoot the bad guy in the head without blowing your eardrusubgun in a confined space. An MP5 is practical for a guy who needs to do that, for just range plinking at semi auto its really just an overpriced safe queen.

I get that practicality isnt always the reason you buy stuff (guilty, i own a 37mm launcher) but if you dont have the money for it these subgun and rare weapon repros will always be an overpriced way to get a gun thats not very practical.
>>
What if they made a bump stock for this, and you got your SBR stamp, and supressed it?

White trash fun mode supressed mp5?
>>
File: 1430452419921.jpg (130 KB, 1600x897) Image search: [Google]
1430452419921.jpg
130 KB, 1600x897
>>28027232
You're overexaggerating the cost of an sbr mp5

You can get various clones for ~$1,400 to $1,500 depending on the models. And a stock from robertrtg can be had easily for $60.

Still, it's bullshit how a ptr91 in .308 is cheaper to make than the same gun but in 9mm.

I'm still getting an mp5a2 clone with an ambi lower next year
>>
>>28028513
>the only reason subguns have a reputation as a good weapon is because they fill a role by being full auto. Once they are made semi only you realise "oh, this is kind of a shitty gun without the 900 RPM fire rate....."

Confirmed for being an underage, noguns faggot. Full-auto is never used by any law enforcement agency over semi-auto, even if their weapons are capable of it
>>
>>28028285
4k + for a rifle. I nearly had a heart attack, i got mine for 1500
>>
>>28029179
It's only cheaper because PTR doesn't make any mp5 clones. I think if they did we would see a bunch for around $1000. Currently all that come in are imported.
>>
>>28027127
I would save up and get the MP5, the skorpion is cool in it's own right, but you are gonna have much more fun wit the MP5 and it also have a ton off cool shit available from HKparts.net
>>
>>28029243
Confirmed for being totally full of shit. All agencies use full auto all the time for everything. Even in the 1930s, police would hook up wheeled ammo drums to their revolvers and use them in full auto mode.

All day. Erry day.
>>
>>28029258
Supposedly they're working on that, but yeah IF they had the machinery for it like they do the G3 clones it would cause some serious ass pain to other manufacturers.

The MP5 and it's clones are one of those guns that's immune to that whole "why not get X and save money" imo.why go after a /fit/ girl with her life together when you could Snatch up burnt out party girl with a neck tattoo, she had a vagina too right?

Because it's a MP5, that's why.
>>
>>28027232
But you can convert the hk with registered parts transferred on an normal form 4. The sears are costly, but way cheaper and easier than dealing with actual FFL/SOT shit to make a postie.
>>
>>28029179
>>28029258
>>28030202
Milsurp G3 parts kits are a lot cheaper for PTR to rebuild. MP5 parts kits are comparatively rare as hell, and machining all the parts themselves would put cost of an MP5 way past the $1700 mark.
>>
I love my .22 MP5A5, fake suppressor and all. It shoots well, is accurate, and well made. It's licensed by HK, made by Walther. Cost like $300 on CDNN.
>>
>>28029243

Not entirely true. Arlington TX SWAT used full auto suppressed mp5s until sometime in the 2000s when they switched to full auto ARs. My EX's dad was a career cop and was on that team

I don't think they ever used them in real life since Arlington isn't Detroit but they sure as fuck trained with them. He said one of the reasons they switched was maintenance
>>
>>28029243
Wtf are you talking about? The full auto Mp5 was and still is the go to full auto gun for SWAT and various special tactical organizations around the world for almost 3 decades.

Or do you live on some alien fuddworld where SWAT teams do tactical inserts carrying M1 garands and 1911's?

The MP5 was designed specifically for law enforcement to have easily controllable full auto. And dont get me wrong, its a GREAT gun, but it was designed with full auto close range use in mind, you take its main feature away and its just an over priced 9mm carbine that is easily out performed by an M4 AR variant at rifle tasks, or a bulky oversized pistol easily outperformed by any regular handgun at pistol tasks.

Or you pay the $200 stamp and get it SBR registered and you have a $1,400 9mm carbine that doesnt do anything a $400 hi
Point carbine does except look better.

Do I want one? Fuck yes I do. But I dont want it 1,200 dollars with no stock and no suppressor bad.
>>
>>28027879
>more compact and lighter than a rifle
>possibly less recoil than a rifle depending on the caliber and action
Keep in mind that rifle calibers perform like shit out of sub 10" barrel and will have terminal ballistics more comparable to pistol ammunition, really loud pistol ammunition that takes up more space.
>>
>>28030833
For liability reasons, 99.9% of select-fire guns used by law enforcement is as a matter of policy generally left on 3-round burst or Semi, even if there's a full auto setting.

Hell, when the FBI ordered their .40 cal MP5s they turned down HK's less expensive burst trigger groups and paid the setup fee for an expensive custom production run of SAFE-SEMI only triggers.
>>
>>28027127
Damn i want that exact gun pictured and have been drooling over it for months.

OP i feel your pain. I am having a hard time not going with the MPX or the CZ as well but my logic for not going with the CZ is why not just buy a 9mm AR if you want a blow back PCC? The sig gets uncomfortably close to the price of the Zenith Z-5RS while not being one and mags aren't available for it anywhere.

Also why the fuck won't PTR make mp5 clones?
>>
>>28029243
Houston police officer here.
Our SWAT officers and narcotics warrant team have AR's with giggle switches, not that they ever use them.
Out SWAT team also has P90's in full auto, but I've never seem them on a scene with them, only at the range.
>>
>>28027127
You should do it. Once you get the gun, go online to RTG parts or HK parts, and get a sear catch and trip lever.
>>
>>28031548
What's your stance, and possibly the dept's stance, on the sig brace and shouldering them?

Would you even bothering arresting someone for it?

My local LEOs (sheriff's office) don't care about them.
>>
>>28031727
I too have wondered this.
Its kind of wierd that something can be considered legal or a felony depending on what angle you hold it in.
Or is that just typical paranoid /k/ bullshit?
>>
>>28031516
See >>28030464
>>
>>28030700
so they aren't garbage? aren't they difficult to clean? tell me something bad so I don't buy it right now...
>>
>>28031773
Legally that judgment SHOULD hold no water. The legal definition of manufacturing or designing does not imply that you can use an object in a way that is designing or manufacturing that object (not a lawyer btw)

The thing is, they'll still arrest you for it, and are using the threat of arrest as a way to keep people from doing it, because if you get charged with anything in the first place your shit is just as fucked.

Ain't it great?
>>
>>28032038
Whoa there partner, I've had a lot of concussions in the last few years and I wasnt all too bright to begin with.
So, I can strap this retarded piece of mall ninja shit to my arm. I can swing it in a circle while pretending the gun is my penis. I can strap a fleshlight to it and use the recoil to fuck it.
But if I raise it to my shoulder I'm a felon?

Is it supposed to be like one of those "it is illegal to use this in a way not specified by the manufacturer" type things?
Because that shit just seems unenforcable.
>>
>>28032085
unenforceable is the atf's middle name
illegal is their first name and unconstutional is their last name btw
>>
>>28027879
it looks cool and you can eventual stamp it up
>>
>>28032085
It is not illegal to misuse your own equipment unless you end up negligently causing damage to someone else or their property

That's why Californians and Canadians love "10 round .50Beowulf" magazines, because hey, it's stamped 10 rounds, not illegal for me to be a retard and put 30 rounds of .223 in there.
>>
>>28027127
Build a Colt Commando clone, make it 9mm too, if you want.

My build came out to about $500 before tax stamp, but you can always use a cheek riser or sig brace, too.
>>
>>28032268
What gets me is that the Sig brace usually goes for $130ish or so, which is half the cost of the tax stamp anyways, but no wait time

Fuckin feds and their miraculously convenient inefficiency
>>
File: 81vbyVw-S4L.jpg (257 KB, 1636x1222) Image search: [Google]
81vbyVw-S4L.jpg
257 KB, 1636x1222
>>28032305
You can just get a cheek rest off of amazon for $20, too. I wouldn't spend the money on a sig brace, personally.
>>
>>28030464
That would hold more weight if PTR were simply slapping together parts kits and nothing more
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-29+at+01.48.25).png (36 KB, 889x282) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-29+at+01.48.25).png
36 KB, 889x282
>>28032372
That's exactly what they're doing. My PTR still uses HK triggers, hammers, bolt carriers, Pakistani stocks, yadda yadda yadda. The only things they cook up in house on their earlier models are barrels, trunnions, trigger housings, flash hiders, and receivers/flats. They started making bolts and carriers once those dried up. Everything else on the gun is still milsurp.
>>
>>28032424
So if they make barrels, trunnions, bolts, carriers, and the receivers/flats, why would a MP5 even be hard?

It shares a trigger group with G3 so that's a huge piece right there. Trunnions have to be close, and they share a ton of small parts. I just what someone who works there to explain to me why they don't do it.
>>
>>28033080
The trigger group on a G3 doesn't fit an MP5, you have to replace the ejector assembly and hammer spring at a bare minimum.

There's other pistol-cal specific items like locking pieces, firing pins, buttstocks, handguards, cocking tubes, cocking handles, et cetera that also need to be sourced or produced.

They're notoriously cryptic about MP5 PTRs if not flat out denying it, my guess is they're trying to get the proper tooling before committing to an announcement.
>>
>>28028067
>Not just buying a single point sling
>>
>>28027176
>implying he'll ever have enough ammo to shoot someone in the foot with 22lr
>>
>>28033080
To add to what >>28033319 said, you should also look into the specifica of a "reverse stretch" build.
>>
PCC's are kinda outdated and gay senpai. 5.56/.300 PDW's are where it's at.
>>
>>28035558
Unless you're using a barrel over 10", 5.56 is going to be shit. .300 AAC blackout will always be shit as the bullets don't fragment well unless you're buying couple dollar a round machined bullets.
>>
>>28035603
That's odd considering the while point was being great out if short barrels and even the cheap add 115gr UMC tumbles like a motherfucker.
>>
>>28036479
I have yet to see .300 AAC Blackout ammunition that performs well from a short barrel, you either get expansions comparable to pistol ammunition or it punches straight through without even tumbling. For how many people claim .300 AAC Blackout is a great performer from short barrels, I've been extremely disappointed with the actual results I've seen.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.