[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the /pol/ news stuff happening these days I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 48.jpg (60 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
60 KB, 520x390
With all the /pol/ news stuff happening these days I was thinking about building a saferoom in my house and doing some research. Most of the saferoom stuff recommends steel plates with plaster layers, but I was wondering - sandbags will stop the vast vast majority of small arms fire, right? Couldn't I just add a foot-wide spacer where the armor would be, and fill it with sandbags?

How well does a sandbag barrier do against rifle fire?
>>
your life isn't that important. stop living in fear.
>>
>>28025072
Can your house even support that much weight?
>>
>>28025102
I don't have a basement and the saferoom would be on the first floor, so the sandbag barriers would be resting directly on the foundation. I think adding some reinforced steel supports will keep the wall together so it doesn't all just fall over one day

>>28025077
I'm trying to be prepared. I live within 600 miles of the mexican border, and the mexican cartels are some nasty shit
>>
>>28025072
Steel is far more compact than sandbags, which will leak everywhere over time. Take out drywall, bolt steel to studs, put new studs in on top of steel, put drywall up.
>>
>>28025072
Who the fuck do you think is coming to assassinate you autist. Saferooms are for high profile families or people with power and money, not fuckin spergs scared a nigger is gonna try to burglarize their home.
>>
>>28025123
Yeah, but inch thick steel plate is expensive as fuck. I'm thinking if I just put up some 1/8 inch panels and fill in the middle with sandbags I should be good to go

>>28025126
It never hurts to be prepared for anything.
>>
>>28025117
the cartel will never invade
>>
>>28025126
>Saferooms are for high profile families or people with power and money
implying only wealthy and powerful people should have the ability to be prepared
btw only nobility should own guns, they're the only ones who legitimately need them for protection.
>>
File: 1440017873003.gif (559 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440017873003.gif
559 KB, 200x200
Op yes that is ideal but we all know your building an assault bunker. Stop now, think of the children!
>>
>>28025072
Panic rooms arent for SHTF, theyre just a bolt hole for somebody important enough to have a special response team on the way to hide in.

They are meant to buy time, not live in. If somebody came for your dumb ass they could just use a drill, a funnel, and a gallon of gasoline to get you.
>>
>>28025117
You do know that sandbags are going to put a lot of weight outwards right? Plus sandbags dont age well. They leak, settle, and compact. In a year I bet if you opened the wall (and youd have to because the wals would begin warping outwards at the bottom as the weight of the sand settled in) youd find heavily compacted sand and the top 3rd of your wall empty.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.