[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conversion Kit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
https://youtu.be/SpNA-TZnMC4
Thoughts?
>>
Fun for those in countries that don't have to deal with a tax stamp and paperwork for a SBR. In the States, however, this would just be stupid.
>>
>>28020204

Needs an arm brace....I'm using an endo with a brace, which isn't perfect.
>>
>>28020257
It still has a vfg. It'd be considered an AOW.

There's no way to own and legally use this in the states without a tax stamp.
>>
>>28020268
Stop lying. It only needs to be over 26" in OAL and it will no longer be an AOW. Just put a fuckheug arm brace and a muzzle device that exceeds that length.
>>
>>28020351
There's no way that thing is over 26" in length. In order to achieve over 26" in length with an arm brace alone would put the length of pull to some ridiculous. There's a reason why most 26"+ firearms have at least a 10.5" barrel, and that's because you need that barrel length to meet the 26" requirement.

Stop being stupid.
>>
>silencer wobbling

Beyond that bretty cool
>>
>>28020268

Then you drop the VFG and use an AFG...
>>
>>28020500
That's because it's just a Glock with a fancy stock kit on it.
>>
File: Brace2_zpsba6a2536.gif (564 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
Brace2_zpsba6a2536.gif
564 KB, 1024x678
>>28020512
>get rid of the stock
>get rid of the VFG

All you're left with is a fancy way to cock the slide and a mount for an arm brace. All the functionality that this item is supposes to represent goes away.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's super cool and if the registry ever opens up, I'd register a Glock as a machine gun and have one of these kits on hand. As it stands though, buying one of these without a SBR'd Glock is pointless. If I wanted to put a totally-not-a-stock onto a Glock, I'd use pick related.
>>
>>28020555
checked
sounds like you might know: can I buy the kit in OP before I have the requisite tax stamp?
>>
>>28020587
Yes. Nothing is stopping you from buying it. Be careful though. Having everything required for a SBR might be enough for the ATF to try to get you for constructive intent (or maybe it's constructive possession, I can't remember which). Recently the ATF went after a man who built an AR pistol and had a spare stock. They claimed he was in possession of an illegal SBR despite the fact that they couldn't prove he ever put the stock onto his AR. Luckily, the judge threw the case out and ridiculed the ATF for how stupid they were.

If you do buy it, keep it under wraps and don't go showing it off until you get the stamp. Or if you're going to forego the stop and create an illegal SBR, for fuck's sake don't take it out in public.
>>
>>28020642
It's all crystal chief - thanks for the info
>>
>>28020642
what if you only use the roni to airsoft?
then it's just a piece of plastic no?
>>
>>28020216
Funny how in argieland here, there's no actual legislation on SBR's (they are just "long guns", or "small guns with stocks"), but there's virtually no way to have a long semiauto gun better than .22LR.
>>
>>28020747
that's actually fairly reasonable
i could live with that instead off nofunz unless permit but nobody gets permit and even the permits already given expire after 3 years and not extended
>>
>>28020555

Well, I agree, that's what I did. However, I used a different brace and my glock as a red dot on the slide. Hard to reach the mag release, though.
>>
>>28020747
So do people get shorty Ars and Aks instead?
>>
>>28020734
You're entering a really grey area of the law.

Don't forget. Nothing about the Roni is illegal. You can own it without any paperwork, and it doesn't require a FFL. The problem comes from having all of the components on-hand for a SBR. The likelihood of you getting caught (that is to say the ATF deciding to prosecute you) for just possessing it are super low, but it has been known to happen. The likelihood of you getting caught with an unregistered SBR if you put a real Glock in there are much higher if you decide to use it on a public range or public land.

Again, if you're going to do something illegal, be smart about it. If you're thinking about doing something that's legally grey, also be smart about it. If I owned a Scorpion Evo pistol, I sure as fuck wouldn't advertise that I own one of the recently released 922r compliant stock kits.
>>
>>28020949
Just wanted to add this. It's a perfect example.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2009/09/01/florida-man-arrested-for-constructive-possession-of-an-sbr/
>>
File: fuck you spam filter.png (195 KB, 779x571) Image search: [Google]
fuck you spam filter.png
195 KB, 779x571
>>28020734
Airsoft has it's own version
>>
>>28021424
and they are not interchangeable?
when i played airsoft most stuff was fully compatible with real accessories
>>
>>28021801
also this pic, if you look at the heat shield it's an airsoft railed heatshield not a real gun accessory it works just fine tho with the 7.62x39
>>
>>28020204
sight on top... gun flops around in it. Seems contradictory.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.