[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firearm ownership poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: 1429340852083.png (74 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1429340852083.png
74 KB, 250x250
Hey /k/, the University of Queensland is conducting a poll about firearm ownership in Australia.
If you've got a few minutes, can you fill it out?
It's open for both hasguns and noguns.

http://uqbel.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aXmT6m3SvHtBxfT
>>
>>28014437
>Select your gender at birth
>>
Canadabro here, consider it done.

Good luck, my down under friends
>>
>>28014484
LOLOLOLOLOL

Australia confirmed for enormous faggots and SJWs
>>
>>28014437
Filled it out as fucked up as possible, although maintained a pro gun stance.
>>
>>28014437
Went pro gun as I could.
>>
A few of those questions were a bit too black and white.
>>
>>28014484
Holy shit, I thought you were fucking kidding

>Please select your gender at birth:
>Male
>Female
>Other

Wot???
>>
>>28014556
Universities surely the home of progressive thought
>>
>>28014567
Whats funnier is I know for sure "Gender at birth" is about as 'triggering' as you can get.
>>
>would criminals be less willing to enter a home if the owner had a firearm for self defense
>for some reason meter was switched from right being yes to right being no

fucking australia
>>
>>28014486
+1 Canadabro
>>
HUNTERS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LIFE THEY HAVE TAKEN.
Who cares australians are weird jesus
>>
File: myfacemysoul.jpg (92 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
myfacemysoul.jpg
92 KB, 1060x404
Ausfag here who actually goes to UQ...

>Select your gender at birth
Fuck that's ridiculous, but this one got me:

>''Shooting with a registered firearm at targets greater than 600m distance, is NOT a complex task'

I just laughed. Keep in mind that it's one of those questions where 1 is true to 10 is false.
>>
>>28014437
I just said no that they shouldn't do mental health screenings for handing out firearm licenses.

It's really a shame we have background checks in the U.S. Before 1998 you didn't have to do any of that bullshit.
>>
>>28014576
Fuck iam not sure i noticed that, i picked up on a few of the flip flops
>>
>>28014576
>>28014614
The first set of questions were right being yes but everyone thereafter was left being yes. Not really unusual, they didn't do anything specific to trick people. Regardless I just did it again to be sure.
>>
>>28014595
Pretty soon we'll have mental health checks and we'll have to register for gun ownership permits in the US.
>>
>>28014637
Maybe if you live in California or New York, but not on the Federal Level anytime soon.
>>
>>28014556
>Other
There are people of ambiguous gender with genuine birth defects that make it hard to set one gender in stone.

So, if for some reason you were born with a vagina, but there are undescended testicles inside of you, you may qualify for "Other."
>>
>>28014437
Filled it out for you m8, Keep fighting maybe you'll get better gun laws in the future
>>
>>28014713
He will only get better gun laws if he moves to new zealand
>>
>>28014593
I've talked to the guy who's actually doing the survey, and a lot of the questions came from a "focus group" filled with nogunz antis which he had to conduct.

They apparently thought that gun owners are really dangerous and that shooting is point-and-click.
>>
File: image.png (155 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155 KB, 499x499
>>28014437
Went as progun as I could for you m8. You Aussies got fucked and it's up to gun owners everywhere to fight the good fight. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't carry my fun on me at all times.
>>
>>28014787
Cant say iam surprised, the fact that there was multiple questions about the very similar/same things. And the over 600m thing
>>
>>28014486
>This survey is designed for any member of the Australian public who currently resides in Australia.

So... wtf?
>>
>>28014787
Focus group? Can you go into more detail? Also should post a link to a phone number, email or something, I'd like to have a chat with this guy.
>>
>>28014830
Good on you mate, I hope you get a QT redhead GF who's into all the kinky shit you're into.
>>
File: focus group.jpg (73 KB, 413x363) Image search: [Google]
focus group.jpg
73 KB, 413x363
>>28014911
Pic related are his exact words about it.

I have no idea who this guy is, I just saw his post on Facebook advertising his survey.
>>
>>28014933
>redhead
>not a chick with pitch natural black hair, pale skin, freckles, a pixie cut, and a very mild speech impediment that contributes to how shy she is around strangers or talking to a crowd.
>>
>>28014958
Solid effort mate, thanks for that. Looks like this guy is a gun owner as well.
>>
>>28014974
Yeah, it was posted on the "Australian Rifle Shooters" group.
(would not recommend, it's fudd central)
>>
>>28014966
Well fuck me mate I hope you get whatever you want :)
>>
>>28014991
Ron Owen is on that, he's a solid bloke who knows his shit. He's anything but a fudd. Ah well, I'll take your advice for it.
>>
>>28014992
Wasnt that guy, however I did vote as pro-gun as I could.
>>
Holy biased poll, batman.
>>
>>28014486
Another Canadabro reporting task completed! Best of luck to you guys.
>>
Ameri/k/unt here. Just completed your survey.
>>
>>28014437
>University of Queensland

As a former reviewer of academic research project in Australia, I can tell you this survey is fucking bullshit, because the disclaimers do not comply with the 2007 directives on research with human subjects.

>Filling in questionnaire
>Saturday arvo
>Drunk Aussies are being fucking loud under my flat's window
>Cannot they just get drunk and sing comrades' songs like everybody does? No. They have to be loud AND aggressive.
>Filling in questionnaire
>WTF is wrong with you Australia. Cannot you unleash your verbal power away from my backyard?
>>
>>28016366
More rant

>Suddenly, True or False questions
>Questions are true or false, but they require you to type in a number
>0 = true and 10 = false

WTF is wrong with the questionnaire. Is this undergrad shit?

>please use the slider
Slider does not appear on muh browser.

>No e-mail address, name of Uni, name of Dept. or name of Principal Investigator is provided
Another breach of the 2007 Act.
>>
Burger who owns NFA checking in, I hit your survey with the force of an angry god
>>
All you Americans ITT said that you were Australian... Right?
>>
>>28014648
Even with cases like that, they usually have male chromosome type.

Everyone has either XY chromosome or XX. There is no "other" despite what many will kick and scream about.
>>
>>28016537
Yup. Gotta do something to help you guys out. I said I was a young very pro gun rich married woman living in Queensland lol. Hopefully that'll help skew the expecte d results.
>>
>>28016556
Actually there are people born with 3 chromosomes.

Note: Much of the medical literature defines Klinefelter syndrome as a person with an XXY chromosomal arrangement, and considers every XXY individual to have Klinefelter syndrome. However, many (including some XXY individuals themselves) consider Klinefelter syndrome to be a set of physical characteristics that are present in just some XXY individuals. While we do not promote one definite over the other, we wish to point out that the distinction is important to some people.]

Though I still think the concept of putting "other" in place of sex/gender is fucking stupid.
>>
>>28016556
1. You're totally wrong.
2. It depends on what Australia law says, not on what you say.

But, ABOVE ALL... can we avoid transforming this crappy thread in an actual gender-debate on what people are supposed to do with their dicks?
>>
>>28014484
who gives a shit
>>
Who is the idiot who posts a survey targeting nationals or residents without actually registering their IPs in order to ascertain they were genuine participants?
Even in such a case, it would be hard to tell VPNs from actual residents... so that huge amounts of data would be needed in order to limit damage caused by malicious users.

But that's not all of it. You may also want people to log in in order to reduce the likelihood people will fill in the questionnaire twice.
>>
>>28016556
>>28016614
Likewise theres also XYY, XXX(no joke) in males and X(singlar) in females.
>>
>>28016922
Ha, yeah XXX is the reason I even heard of this. Someone was telling the story of how their teacher typed in "XXX women" to find more information about women with that Chromosome while the computer was connected to the projector in class lol.
>>
>>28014437
Live in QLD, answered fully.

At least this way they can get some opinions from people other than inner city head-in-the-clouds lefties.
>>
Qld student, answered fully.
tfw still need to get my firearms license and do the safety course.
>>
>>28014437
Look at the answer sliders carefully, true doesn't match up with yes page to page.
>>
SA here, answered it for ya.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.