[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First firearm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 800x585
Hello /k/. Just bought my first gun. Grew up around guns shooting with friends and senpai but my parents didn't like guns so I never have owned one. Wanted to get a concealed carry / self defense gun. Always been better with revolvers than pistols. D..did I do good senpai?
>>
>>27956871
>9mm LCR

Troll thread

In the off chance this isn't-- assuming you got a good deal, sure you did fine. Not a particularly fun gun to shoot, but they work fine and are good CC pieces. Moon clips suck for reloading outside of a range setting IMO (not good way to carry them in street clothes) but it's a snub nose revolver hopefully you don't find yourself having to reload outside of a range setting.
>>
>>27956871
>Ruger LCR
breddy gud
>>
>>27956871
enjoy your future space revolver, get some wood grips
>>
>>27956929
How DOES one reload a revolver in a self-defense setting? Loose rounds vs. moon clips, which is less of a pain in the ass/more time-efficient?
>shouldn't have to reload in a self-defense scenario
I understand how unlikely it is, but I'd rather not play with my chances.
>>
>>27956957
The best thing about the lcr is that you can carry 2.
>>
>>27956974
...I hadn't thought of that.

So, what is a reasonable amount of guns and ammo to CC on one's person at any given moment? "reasonable" being "an amount that provides sufficient protection without friends/family/people seeing them and going HURR DURR WUT U NEED DAT FO"
>>
>>27956957
If it wasn't a 9mm

Speed strips.

They lie flat in your pocket, and although not as theoretically quick as speed loaders (not to be confused with moon clips) give you sort of the chance at reloading some ammo if you fuck up, whereas fucking up with speed loaders is an all or nothing thing. It's a matter of lining up 2 holes with 2 bullets vs 5 holes/6 holes with 5 or 6 bullets.

I like Massas Ayoobs overview of reloading revolvers. Tried the stuff out at the range, and practice from time to time and it makes sense to me, especially being able to carry speed strips easily in a pocket. Just Google Massad Ayoob speed strips or something like that.

Don't know about moon clips however. I assume they make speed loaders that hold moon clips or something that's probably your best bet. As far as how you want to carry them that's up to you to figure out. Probably a belt holder, although more obvious, it will be less awkward than a pocket
>>
>>27957019
Some people will say 2 is 1 and 1 is none and other stupid statements like that. I carry 1, because despite an increasingly tumultuous world that we live in, our society is mostly intact and it is not practical for me to carry multiple firearms. I maintain my pistol and use it regularly to ensure its reliability.

Let's say I find myself in a situation where I have a catastrophic failure-- maybe you tap rack bang on a squib and KB your gun. Blow off some fingers or take a chunk of barrel to the eye. If this is happening inside of 20 feet. By the time you realize what has happened and get to your other gun, I would say you're probably already done for.

At further distances? Hopefully you're able to escape.

At the end of some long hallway with no exit? Oh well ggnore

Basically, you can prepare for the worst but at some point there is a matter of practicality to consider.

I feel fine carrying an extra magazine in my belt, and if I am feeling saucy a 1 or 2 more in a backpack.
>>
>>27957072
That seems like a well-rounded plan. Thanks for the pointers.
>>
File: DSC_6713.jpg (622 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6713.jpg
622 KB, 2304x1536
>>27956871
>D..did I do good senpai?

It's a good gun for what it is. Personally speaking:

-9mm wastes all that space in the gun. Go with a hot .38 or .357
-9mm isn't as easy to reload with
-Polymer revolvers look gross
-S&W makes a prettier DA revolver (642) or a SA/DA gun with that ugly hump (638)
>>
>>27957182
You can't shoot 38 or 357 out of the 9mm LCR
>>
>>27957295
>You can't shoot 38 or 357 out of the 9mm LCR

I'm saying she should have bought a .38 or .357 LCR instead.
>>
File: cz-usa-bobwhite.png (77 KB, 917x611) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-bobwhite.png
77 KB, 917x611
Post first gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 316x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 316x211
>>27956871
Well, It least when your bored, you have an exciting game to play OP.
>>
>>27957182
I think using very hot ammo in the 9mm LCR would be a fantastic choice. I have the LCR in .38, and suspect my .38+P's have less energy than 9mm options.
>>
I'm not sure I've really come across anyone who carries additional ammo for a cc. Mine uses moon clips but with 8 rounds of .357, I can't see needing additional ammo. Either way, an additional moon clip of rounds doesn't take a lot of space.
>>
>>27956871
Yes. Yes you did.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.