[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, how 'bout wooden gun cabinets? If someone wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 800x1123) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 800x1123
So /k/, how 'bout wooden gun cabinets? If someone wanted to get into the average safe sold at Cabela's, it'd take maybe 15-20 minutes and an angle grinder. Why should I not build a wooden cabinet out of 1 inch pine?
>>
>>27954719
I don't get it
A wooden cabinet is supposed to be more secure than a metal safe?
Why not just not live in a shithole so your guns don't get stolen?
>>
>>27954725
I think he's saying that even those safes can be easily broken into by a determined thief. If it can be broken into then there isn't really a point in having it instead of something that looks very nice, like a wooden cabinet.
>>
>>27954737
>If it can be broken into then there isn't really a point in having it instead of something that looks very nice, like a wooden cabinet.
So because someone can break into a safe, you should just not use a safe at all?

>well, a criminal could break into my car and hotwire it
>I'll just leave the doors unlocked with the key in the ignition
>>
>>27954725
I think what he is saying is

>if someone can get into a safe then why not just build for (presumably cheaper) a nicer looking cabinet

However, what retard OP fails to realize is safes offer fire protection and most criminals do not in fact bring angle grinders with them when robbing a house

Also OP, I would like you to explain to me how you think you will get into a safe with and angle grinder in 10 minutes. If you think it's because the hinges are on the outside of a door, you are an idiot. Even $500 safes have locking lugs on the top and bottom In addition to both sides of the door

Fucking moron
>>
>>27954744
Have you ever seen how thin the gauge steel is on the side of those things? It's remarkabley thin. The majority thickness of a cheaper safe's door is just fireproofing.
Skip to about 3:30
http://youtu.be/ltK-bDbADa8
>>
>>27954744
The cheapest gunsafe I'd ever trust would be a Sturdy or an Amsec. Anything cheaper can be pried open in a matter of minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tTvW83SCLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM

Basically, if you buy it at a big-name store (Home Depot, Tractor Supply Company, Gander Mountain, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc), it's going to be a piece of shit.
>>
File: 20151030_195344.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151030_195344.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27954737
Bruh not every thief walks into a house with a 5foot crowbar looking to steal shit from a safe. Most theifs go in looking for obvious shit like electronics and jewelery. If you live in a nicer neighborhood then you sure as hell can afford a real gun safe that even the most determined thief can't get into easily.
Pic not related. Pic is my cheap safe that will keep Jamal away from my guns aince he's most likely coming in unprepared to open a god damn safe
>>
>>27954776
So don't buy a shitty safe?
>>
>>27954835
What is your definition of a "shitty safe"?
A stack on gun cabinet? Sure-- don't bother. A safe that has fire protection? You would be a retard not to
>>
>>27954743
>>27954826
I wasn't agreeing with his statement, I completely agree that most thieves wouldn't come with the tools or know how to crack open a gun safe. A safe is much better than any wooden cabinet. I just decided to try to explain it to the anon who seemed a little lost.
>>
>>27954719
because burglars want to get in, grab stuff and leave fast.
>>
>>27954927
Exactly. How many burglars are running in with a fucking crosscut hand saw? What about the alarm going off during the whole break in?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.