[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were any other /K/ommandos at the sporting clays competition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 140315-140633-b8tkH5.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
140315-140633-b8tkH5.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Were any other /K/ommandos at the sporting clays competition in AZ today? I saw some over and under shottys worth more than my car.

pic related, thats where it was at, biggest shooting range in the US.
>>
I don't shoot at Ben Avery. But I shoot every week at Rio. I shoot either TNS and/or USPSA. Not clays, I know, but hello fellow AZ /K/ommando.
>>
The best thing I saw t the event was some old black dude with a semi auto Barretta 12 gauge, the thing had purple laminate furniture and "Too Legit to Quit" engraved in gothic script along the handgaurd. It was as if I had seen the face of God, and God was a pimp.
>>
>>27953133
Seems kind of bizarre and overly elaborate to build a facility exclusively for shooting some poor sap named Ben Avery.
>>
What does it look like inside? Is Ben Avery strapped to a chair or is he allowed to run free in an enclosure?
>>
>>27953525
Mostly chair, but he gets to run free for the 4x4 fox hunt on Sundays.the outdoor parts of the facility go on for a few square miles.
>>
>>27953501
>>27953525
Ben sometimes escapes by hiding inside the Buns In the Sun hot dog cart underneath the sweet relish.
>>
Man, Arizona is WEIRD.
>>
Is this like some specific Ben Avery, or do they catch a new one using census data to filter out all of the non-Ben Averys every time one gets shot?

I mean, if this is the original dude, he must be really crafty to dodge all those bullets.

Or is it non-lethal?
>>
>>27953632
>>27953133
OP here,its fueled by rows upon rows of clone tubes in the basement. And yes it is lethal, how the fuck else are we gonna have Flaying Friday's?

Source: I worked as a referee/trap thrower at the sporting clays event, no way I could afford to play in it.
>>
>>27953632
>mfw named Benjamin Avery
>mfw have to be on alert for any Arizona fish and game trappers for the rest of my life
>>
>>27953798
>clones
That's just what they tell everyone just to keep the remaining stock of Ben Averys complacent and easy to catch
>>27953899
Uh, don't worry little buddy!
>>
File: just.png (1 MB, 795x838) Image search: [Google]
just.png
1 MB, 795x838
>>27953133

No but I drove past it.
>>
>>27953439
I saw that very same 50 year old black man last year while I was calling for sporting clays in the fiocchi cup.
>go clay crushers
>>
>>27954031
>>27953133
OP here
Honestly calling clays is one of the better gigs I have worked, it's way better than working at the ASU football games.
>>
>>27954077
Ahem ... ASU shooting team actually showed up hungover and one guy was blatantly high. One only got 23/50
>>
>>27953997
You're from arizona?
>>
>>27954151
who mean that chubby guy with the beard. I scored for him.
>>
>>27954169

No
>>
>>27954182
That's the one , I was referring to the fiocchi cup skeet rounds. I probably should have clarified. I mean , he was positive as anything about it at the time at least.
>>
>>27954248
>>27954248

He seemed like an ok guy when I met him, he tried to recruit me and my buddy to the team. It's a shame I left my shotgun in Maryland when I left for school.
>>
>>27954264
Such is life , best of luck friend
>>
>>27954336
Thanks man, its nice to see AZ has an active presence on this board. it probably won't be to hard to spot you motherfuckers at the range.
>>
>>27954376
A vocal minority sadly ... And quite honestly if you ran into me while shooting it would be awkward as hell. But still ... Shooting ... Yeah
>>
>>27954409
No way i'd say anything, we're talking about guns on a Chinese cartoon board, i.e. way to autistic to actually say hi to each other.
>>
>>27954421
Point taken. Speaking of guns I've been thinking of either getting one of the m1916 rifles samco global has or an a2 AR build . I don't have a semi auto but I've always had feelings for bolt guns in 7,62 nato. Any suggestion as to which I should adopt ?
>>
>>27954493
I'd have to go with the AR build, it's a more versatile platform, and it's way cheaper ammo than a 7.62 depending on what you get. Although I may be biased as I'm building an AR at the moment.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 680x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 680x962
>>27954031
>tfw being at state champion ship as the Clay Crushers
>tfw we took first place in varsity every single year
>>
>>27954529
>implying we don't get jv too
We REKT sporting clays friend
>>
>>27954528
Noted , if I get the AR I'll probably go full psa with a build but without sales that's a $400 difference that could be other stuff ... I Think I'll get the Mauser first then build the AR.
>>
>>27954529
Sporting clays always felt like the golf of shooting sports.
>>
>>27954542
We basically took almost every category each year, trap, skeet, and sporting clays. I my self was part of the varsity trap team up until a year ago. Fun times taking first place in state every year and seeing the look of despair everytime we arrived each year.
>>
>>27954570
thats fair, I'd love to bullshit about guns more but I gotta get up for the gun show in mesa tomorrow, sleep tight and don't let the liberals bite.
>>
>>27954574
Yeah, coach I had one year described it as redneck golf
>>
>>27954595
It really is , but instead of a club it's a choke. Or ...

>be my dad at Tuesday night clay crushers practice
>one kid is more a hunter than comp shooter
>"hey coach , can I use these 1400 fps shells for skeet?"
Dad says sure
>kaFUCKINGboom
>oh yeah , speed of sound is about 1200 fps
>head of team runs over freaking out
>kid"it's fine lol"
it was apparently not fine
>>
>>27954586
When I started off Tim Bissel (man running the team) said I could either win the best at state or nationals or buy it for $180. I said fuck that and practiced more and more. We took 1st in state sporting clays last year and I'm still waiting ... And waiting...
>it will be mine one day
>>
>>27954633
Shooting vest not best
>>
>>27954619
Ben Avery trap and skeet field has tendencys to attract fudds and as such has some stupid ( in my opinion) rules. One of them being you can't use shot shells going faster then 1200 fps or so. I get doing that for completion purposes but for general range use I think it's dumb
>>
>>27954641
Yeah , it was pretty funny though because the entire trap and skeet line went dead quiet because everyone thought there was a KB
>>
>>27954633
Don't worry son, you will do great. Just focus and don't be discouraged, you will have shitty shooting days, I took 4th place with my team at nationals (for trap that is) but it was difficult road to get that good and required thousands of hours practice.
>>
>>27954651
It must have been fairly amusing I imagine lol
>>
>>27954656
Thanks man , and best of luck in your shooting career as well. theoretically the vest was supposed to be here but the people funding it backed out so now it's just a matter of waiting. Those vests look comfy as fuck and I will get one.
>>
>/k/ommandos
>Kreighoff and Ceasar Guerini

Noped
>>
>>27954683
Thanks man, I left Ben Avery Clay Crushers about 1-2 years ago so it's up to you now to continue to intill that sence of dread that people get when they see us, and sorry to hear about those vests being a pain in the ass to get, hopefully that will resolve its self soon, if you don't mind me asking what year/level are you?
>>
>>27954718
Entered varsity this year/season but I'm in my third year of shooting competitively , quite honestly I never thought I'd be good at shooting sports until I tried it but this is the most enjoyable thing I've ever done.
>>
>>27954751
Good to hear, well I'll bid you farewell for tonight and I wish you the best of luck friend. May your shots true
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27954764
And the same for you , I hope you have a good thanksgivings and many useful threads in your future.
>>
>>27954782
I really hope this thread stays alive until tommorrow , I enjoyed this.
>>
>>27953501
>>27953525
>>27953556
>>27953569
>>27953919
Fucking comedy gold
>>
>>27954619

I had some asshole shooting 1300 fps ammo at the competition yesterday, you could tell he was using something different right off the bat.
>>
glorious arizona

imo RIO better range for general shooting
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.