[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really have the patience to master the technique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ClovisSpearPoint.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ClovisSpearPoint.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
I don't really have the patience to master the technique of making spear tips out of stone. I have been trying to find some nice clovis points (iron, steel, whatever) that I can just buy and put on the end of a stick for maximum spearing powwa

My google-fu is weak /k/, I need your help
>>
Just get a cold steel bushman thing
>>
>>27952144
knapping arrowheads is easy as fuck.
>>
>>27952159

>clovis point made for fitting on spears
>big ass, funky shaped knife

one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>27952177

i have no idea where to even start with knapping a spear point. what kind of stone to use? where to find it? how to identify it? blah blah

I really just want to buy a pack of pre-made, metal clovis points for making spears. somebody has to make them, but I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>27952182
Not my fault you cant use google, you fuck.
>>
>>27952209
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=knapping
>>
>>27952212

your suggestion made no sense, whatsoever, as if you didn't even read the thread. now you're angry because I pointed it out? dude, relax.
>>
>>27952246

I didn't ask about how to make my own clovis points. I don't want to make my own. I want to buy some made out of steel, or iron.

I didn't realize /k/ had such difficulty with reading comprehension.
>>
>>27952299
>i have no idea where to even start with knapping a spear point. what kind of stone to use? where to find it? how to identify it? blah blah
see
>>27952246

I really don't understand how the fuck you're having such a hard time with finding what you're looking for. Literally just google exactly what you want. Type what you want to buy into ebay. etsy. where the fuck ever. It's not complicated you dumb spoonfed mother fucker.
>>
>>27952346

I've done exactly what you're talking about, and come back with 1 billion results of spear point knives, arrow heads, or spear points with threading made for spear guns.

I also did not ask about making my own spear points. I explained that i have no idea where to start, and in the very next sentence said i just want to buy some.

yet again i say, i have no interest in learning how to make my own , i just want to buy some, but cannot find any. i realize that having your stupidity, lack of reading comprehension, and anger issues all pointed out is making you VERY hostile.... but you really need to relax.

If finding pre-made clovis points were that easy, i would have found them already.
>>
>>27952431
>I explained that i have no idea where to start
I showed you where to start. You're welcome.
>If finding pre-made clovis points were that easy, i would have found them already.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=clovis+point&_sop=15
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=clovis%20point
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clovis+point+replica+for+sale
>>
>>27952510

Dumbass.

>i showed you where to start, you're welcome

i didn't ask you where to start, and expressed many times that i don't want to make my own. i want to buy some metal ones, already made.

Your first link shows a bunch of ARROW HEADS that are less than half the size of a spear point. they are also replicas made from stone, not metal.

>your smartass response with shitty links

your second link has more stone replicas of arrow heads, with maybe 3 spear ends, but they are also stone, not metal.

your third link google searches for replicas, most of which are arrowheads and not 6-8 inch spear heads.... and they're all stone or animal bone.

your links have turned up NOTHING. it's the same problem i've been having. not so easy to find is it?

if you'd stop trying to be right, and stop acting foolish, perhaps you could be actual help, but so far you've proven to be an insufferable ass with about as much google-fu as me.
>>
>>27952591
>Clovis points
>Metal

pick one and only one, you catastrophic idiot.
>>
>>27952591
literally the 3rd link has when you google clovis point replica for sale has spear points for sale.
literally the first result when you search for clovis point on ebay is this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-7-Inch-Flint-Clovis-Point-Bronze-Casting-/181909300036?hash=item2a5aa3a344:g:XOEAAOSw3xJVaijM
>>
>>27952626

huh.... you people.

clovis is the named of the culture that developed this particular spear tip shape, yes.... but it's also a term used to describe the shape of the spear point. if you make a "clovis" point out of metal, it's still a clovis point, just made of metal. clovis point does not exclusively mean a spear shaped rock.

you people are far, far too stupid.
>>
>>27952681

>bronze

are you fucking kidding me

my god you will do anything to try to be right. you're a clueless dumbass. if you're this difficult to deal with on an image board i cannot imagine what kind of enourmous, blowhard, shit head you must be IRL.

you've effectively derailed the thread by turning it into your own personal pissing contest and accomplished NOTHING. I'll not be checking back, or responding to your idiocy any longer

but don't think you've "won" or were "right". you're fucking useless.
>>
>>27952855
>>27952714
my goodness you're retarded.
by the way, here, educate yourself a little bit.
http://www.projectilepoints.net/Search/Eastcentral_Lanceolates.html
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.