[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I wore full tactical body armour, level 4 plates back and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1411553316_81.jpg (44 KB, 339x365) Image search: [Google]
1411553316_81.jpg
44 KB, 339x365
If I wore full tactical body armour, level 4 plates back and front, with extra protection everywhere during a home invasion would I be in any trouble with the law?

Also if I wore this during a SHTF situation would I attract unnecessary attention as someone who has military gear?
>>
Level 4 plate doesn't stop .50 BMG AP. Most home invaders use that caliber now desu.
>>
Depends on your state.

Yes.
>>
>>27951454
>>27951476
What kind of stupid fucking state would get you in trouble for wearing armor?
>>
>>27951490
It could be seen as preplanned.

"Look at all this armor he was wearing! It's almost like he was waiting and hoping for someone to come into his house so he can kill them. Thus ruining the future of another rising star."
>>
>>27951518
That's some terrible logic. Why would anyone take any precautions at all? What terrible state is it?
>>
>>27951454
Absolutely. Pre planned homocide and all that. And yes, you would be a huge target with a "fuck me" bubble floating over your damn head with that much gear. Best chance is to join a rebel group, raise up high enough where they won't take your shit for the "good of the people", and then break that shit out. Soft armor is your best bet until then.
>>
>>27951549
>That's some terrible logic. Why would anyone take any precautions at all? What terrible state is it?
More like how good of a lawyer is after your anus and how dumb the jury is. It could be reasonably argued that in the time it took for you to uparmor your skinny white ass you were no in danger and therefore planning to attack. After all, there was no call to the police while you were busy doing GI dress up.
>>
>>27951454
Home invaders are not insurgents breaching your house to kill you, they are people without money and a baseball bat trying to steal from you. You need a shotgun and quiet feet. Plate carrier is unnecessary, putting it on will take time and alert them of your position
>>
>>27951600
this.
more often then not, you rustling around upstairs will spook them. presenting with a gun will make them shit themselves.
>>
>>27951600
how the hell would putting something on alert someone to your position when racking a shotgun wouldn't. Unless you're dumb enough to keep one around on a loaded chamber.
>>
What are some good lightweight 10x12 lvl 4 ceramic plate companies you anons like/use?
>>
>>27951634
You rack it when you have it pointed at them, the sound spooks them and gives you an advantage
You putting on the plate carrier and rusting around will alert them early, and they will either run out or run upstairs and get you before youre done putting it on
>>
>>27951454
If you live in a state without the castle doctrine, it might hurt your case. If you had enough time to put on full armor like that, then you had enough time to flee the house, meaning that if you had a legal "duty to retreat" but chose to gear up for battle instead, the prosecutor will wreck your shit.
>>
>>27951650
>You rack it when you have it pointed at them, the sound spooks them and gives you an advantage
Or make them magdump at the location of the sound.
Also keeping a unloaded weapon for home defense and hoping that pumping the action will give you some sort of advantage seems like a pants on head retarded idea.
The sound of a 12guage being fired into their chest will also "spook them" and give you the advantage that they are now either dead or dying.
>>
>>27951474
it's true. It was such a problem in california that the government had to ban 50bmg here.
>>
>>27951714
You rack it. If they have a weapon, you shoot. Otherwise, you get them on the ground with hands behind head, and call police.
Home invaders are not trained in combat. They would not be able to spin around at the sound of a shotgun racking and kill you. If you see them and they dont see you, they are dead or captured
You can load the gun if you want. I dont
>>
>>27951454
if you kill the invader(s) you can take it off while you are calling the cops
>>
>>27951741
Having an unloaded gun is like having a condom with a hole in it. It doesn't work when you need it to.
>>
File: 1388644210506.gif (1 MB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1388644210506.gif
1 MB, 500x360
>>27951741
>Otherwise, you get them on the ground with hands behind head
yeah no, I'll let the EMTs deal with it.

you threw away your chance of escaping without injury when you stepped on my property without my permission, especially with an intent to do me or my family harm.
>>
>>27951454
I don't get while you all are so worried about wearing body armor and attracting attention during SHTF. Like where are you all going? The best plan for SHTF is to stay at home, stock up on water and food, and ammo, and to know your neighbors. You would be surprised at how many like minded people there are. I live in San Diego in a little gated community and I can throw together a little group of armed neighbors and friends (well over 10 people)
>>
>>27952207

>round up a little 10 man militia

To fight off thousands of Mexicans and blacks?
>>
>>27952207
That's what the insurgents want you to do, stay at home nice and pretty, ready for assimilation or assassination.
>>
>>27951741
Your either a troll or a retard.
1/10 made me reply.
>>
>>27951741
Or you just shoot him in the fucking face with no warning and say that you told him to stop, you racked your weapon and he didn't stop. Then you can use the argument of escalation of force if the media riles up the dindus. Just make sure you kill him. Dead men tell no tales.
>>
>>27951454
good luck putting that on quickly enough to be useful during a home invasion. also, even if you do, you can bet your ass that prosecutors are going to grill the hell out of you for doing so, questioning if you could have done something else like call the police.
and yes, you will draw attention in shtf
>>
>>27951634
>dumb enough to keep one around on a loaded chamber.
what is a safety and trigger discipline for $100
>>
>>27952237
what fantasy land do you live in where thousands of blacks and julio and his thousand cousins are armed up to take over a little gated community?
>>
>>27952451
Looks like this nigger has never seen any large scale american city riot ever.
>>
>>27952479
cant say i have. but ive heard of them about every 20 or so years. apparently they attack anything near the downtown areas instead of actively seeking a gated community filled with the whites that have oppressed them.
>>
>>27952451
lol
>baltimore
>the great niggering
>>
>>27952503

Ferguson wasn't even bad. The LA Riots are a good indication of what "The Black Community" will do in a SHTF scenario.

>>27952451
>>27952207

Plus this faggot lives with a ton of Latinos so he has even more shit to deal with. AKA his 10 little compadres are fucked.
>>
>>27951549

There are actual cases of people being charged with murder for using .50 and explosives for home defense.

You're not even supposed to conceal carry with things like brass knuckles, karambits, switchblades, and extended magazines, because the case can be made that you were looking to fight and those items would be considered proof that you might have possibly incited the fight
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 836x891) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 836x891
>>27951701
>flee
>from your own god damned house
I will never understand non-castle law states
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.