[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheaper than dirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 853x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 853x662
What's/K/s reason for hating CTD? I must of missed something so I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>27947892
>/K/

My opinion of you is not very good. You should go back to Reddit
>>
>>27947892

They marked ammo prices way the fuck up after Sandy Hook, and a lot of people were pretty pissed, and hold grudges.
>>
>>27947892
Shamelessly immediately price gouging right after Sandy Hook. They also canceled placed, but not yet shipped orders of items in order to put them back in the store at new, higher prices. The also removed selling firearms from their store right after Sandy Hook and put out some pussy ass statement about "being socially responsible".

Before that, they were also known for adding lots of hidden shipping and handling fees onto their stated prices and jerking people around.

Basically, shit. And other sites have comparable or sometimes better prices without the BS.
>>
Hebrewing the prices after certain mass murderings and I'm pretty sure they removed AR-15s or just Bushmasters after the pizza party in Connecticut.
>>
They cancelled orders and jacked up prices during the scare. They've never burned me personally though, so I bought, and still buy, shit when they have them for cheap.
>>
File: 1416771503069.jpg (254 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1416771503069.jpg
254 KB, 960x1280
/k/ will piss and moan all day about communism but then get butt flustered at the free market.
>>
>>27947920
I can see the why people would be pissed. I don't know but I can't see PSA doing that.
>>
>>27947937
The free market allows stores to do what they want, it also allows consumers to judge them for their actions and spread word of mouth.

You can't be pro-free market while also being against consumers having opinions on how stores conduct themselves. So stop sucking CTD cock.
>>
>>27947937

In a free market people can choose not to do business with entities which try to fuck them, you economic illiterate.
>>
>>27947937

I don't think you know what "free market" means. It doesn't magically forbid you from calling a cocksucker a cocksucker.
>>
>>27947892
They dont sell Dragon Dildos
>>
>>27947937
Being a dick to your paying customers =/= free market.
Us talking with each other and urging other not to purchase from them for reasons = free market

>they treat people like shit, and the market responds by not buying from them

Swnpai, you need to take an economics coursw
>>
>must of
>>
>>27947937
>choose to No longer do business with them
>this is somehow not the free market

Look at that. MDA bot feel free to never come back
>>
>>27947929
That wasn't even the highest their mags got, those same used mags were listed for something like $199 or $169 for awhile, all while they were sitting on warehouses full of mags.
>>
www.bulkammo.com

How are they? Obv. just an ammo shop.
>>
>website charges tax
>have to visit physical location and place online order there if you want free shipping; can't select store pickup from home for free shipping
>things usually cost a little more here than elsewhere
>they never have in store/online what their adds have on sale or for the same price

that being said, they do have a large collection of shit so you don't necessary have to shop around to get all the things you need at once

they're kind of like Walmart; a convenient place you hate to visit
>>
I swear they went higher than this.
>>
File: Cheaper-than-Dirt-4.jpg (213 KB, 644x443) Image search: [Google]
Cheaper-than-Dirt-4.jpg
213 KB, 644x443
Pretty sure this was during the m855 scare
>>
>>27948066
No fucking way.
>>
>>
>>27947892
Price gouging and hating civil liberties. Same bin as Troy for me, no thanks.
>>
>>27948086
>our low price
>>
>>27948103
>Same bin as Troy for me, no thanks.
What did Troy do?
>>
File: jesus-christ-dude.jpg (46 KB, 808x480) Image search: [Google]
jesus-christ-dude.jpg
46 KB, 808x480
>>27948049
>>27948066
>>27948086
>>
>>27948103
The fuck did Troy do? I like their irons, I don't want to not buy from them again.
>>
File: cdirtl.jpg (181 KB, 650x490) Image search: [Google]
cdirtl.jpg
181 KB, 650x490
>>
>>27947929
>They also canceled placed, but not yet shipped orders of items in order to put them back in the store at new, higher prices.
This right here. Fuck those cunts. Some sort of computer algorithms to mark up quickly selling items I understand. But this shit is unacceptable
>>
>>27948114
>>27948119
http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-hiring-follies-of-troy-industries/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/08/daniel-zimmerman/what-the-hells-the-problem-with-troy-industries/

Bad stuff.
>>
>>27948049
>over $100 for a single mag
>our low price
>over $100 for a single mag
>our low price
>low price
>price
>low

cockmonglers
>>
>>27948010 poster here

So BulkAmmo wants $17 to ship 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo for a total of ~$239.

CheaperThanDirt wants $45 to ship the same ammo which is listed for 3 dollars less. LOL.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 460x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 460x800
>>27947937
>shitty company uses shorty business practices
>consumers inform others of said practices
>consumers refuse to give them business
>implying this isn't vital to the free market system
>implying this is similar to Communism in any way

But surely no one that posts on /k/ is this retarded, right?
>>
>>27948146
You have obviously never seen the price of TRG 22 or 42 magazines
>>
>>27948119

First they hired Jody Weis, a former Chicago police commisionaer who was a known anti. After backlash they decided not to and instead hired the partner of Lon Horiuchi, who's name is Dale Monroe. If you aren't aware, they are two snipers who killed Vicki Weaver while she was holding her child during the Ruby Ridge siege. Fuck Troy.
>>
File: 18.12.2012.1315_zpsgk6qzbhk.png (99 KB, 445x541) Image search: [Google]
18.12.2012.1315_zpsgk6qzbhk.png
99 KB, 445x541
>>27948114
He's probably referring to the troy-dicks sporting goods incident. Troy was rolling out their new line of AR's through dicks sporting goods exclusively, and had a black Friday promotional that made the really nice $1400 rifles about $699 or so and was backorderable, then sandy vagina happened. Dicks pulled all scary rifles off the shelves and cancelled people's orders for the rifles, troy was basically stuck holding a bunch of rifles with no one to buy them anymore cause of dicks, so they found a different distributor and the rifles started selling for closer to their msrp. Basically a bunch of people got butthurt because troy didn't honor the promotional pricing dicks had advertised.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>27947892
hearsay.

Ive had nothing but good experiences with them.

Subject: Order# xxxxxx
Hi,

I have ordered from you guys a couple times and have always been satisfied with my purchases and also have stuck up for you guys on the forums I browse and send customers your way when you have something for a good price, which is quite often.

However, with this order here(Order# xxxxxxx), I am a bit disappointed.

The items, especially the ammo, I ordered were very haphazardly packaged. You can see from the pictures attached. The ammo only had one piece of crunched up paper in the box with it.

One of the AK pouches has a very large grease stain on the flap, and smells mildly of mildew. These look nowhere near the condition of the last one I ordered, nor are the same style latches.

And my main reason for writing this email is one of the Alum G3 mags(MAG-304) is extremely bent and not at all 'in good condition' as described (pic attached). I would of tried to bent it out straight myself, but I cannot even get the bottom plate to slide off to do such. It is actually so bent the bottomplate is no longer perpendicular with the mag. Also the front left corner is bent so the bottom plate no longer covers the whole bottom.

How can we remedy this situation?

Thanks,

Anon
>>
File: CTDBLOWS.jpg (94 KB, 593x519) Image search: [Google]
CTDBLOWS.jpg
94 KB, 593x519
-51% savings!
>>
>>27947892
>Gouging

Honestly free market gonna free market.
Dislike their practices and high prices? Shop elsewhere/boycott their goods.
Believe me you guys are, and it is working.
They opened up a store in Round Rock Texas earlier this year around jan., and within 9 months it was closed - then they closed locations that have been open longer like Mckinney TX.
It was actually a nice store, some of the stuff was fairly priced, alot wasn't had alot of foot traffic but most of it was non-buyers.
I went to the store 4 times in the limited span it was opened and I would always find better prices at local gunstores and Gander alot of the time, I never bought a single item there, always preferring to shop at local gun stores and police supply/gun stores.

Personally on my end
>They price hike waaay too fast - like anticipatory, they did it on the night of the 08 election and dishonored prices and canceled order on items not yet shipped so they could simplify their new price scheme.
They did it after Sandy Vagina after the gun community caught the fuck on to their practices.

Price gouging is natural, just tabooed - they just took it to the extreme - their business model is to profit off of scares and idiots, only there are no more scares, so let them burn ad revenue don't buy their shit.
The issue is prevalent in the gun community so we aren't the only ones shunning them.

Basically - if you buy from CTD you are literally a retarded consumer and probably failed the genetic lottery
>>
>>27948154
same tricks with some Ebay sellers.
list price for item almost half the price of other sellers but crazy high shipping cost more than makes up the difference.
Fuckign rip-off seller gimmicks
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 201x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 201x204
>>27948066
>$1 per round for M855 -$1 after total
>+ shipping

I remember it being bad during The Great Panic

I didn't realize it was this bad
>>
>>27947937
The free market means you are supposed to moan about shit pricing and business practices and spend money elsewhere - at a competitor.
I just wish some of these fags would stop going "GOUGING!!!!!" just shut up, tell everyone you know that it's a bad place to give your business, and spend your money at sportsmans guide or cabelas or Brownells or Numrich instead
>>
>>27948185
cont'd

Mr. Anon,

Thank you for your email. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience in the manner of the condition the merchandise was packaged and received. It is our business to provide sufficient packing of your merchandise, and not shipping damaged merchandise.

Due to the inconvenience, I have reshipped you quantity 1 of items: MAG-304, AKS-224 and AMM-4700. I have also refunded your credit card shipping of $16.48.

Thank you.

Tonya H.
Thank You
Cheaper Than Dirt
Customer Service

tl;dr Dont listen to the haters. Anyone who wants to slander a gun company says the bullshit about cancelling orders and then reselling them for twice the price. They said it about CTD, they said it about RTI, and elsewhere. But guess what, Ive ordered from both examples and have had nothing but top notch service.

Go fuck yourselves, naysayers. And fuck you 4chinz, for thinking this post is spam.
>>
>>27948037
As of the past 3 months they've closed most of their stores - the one in Round Rock TX wasn't even open 9 months.
That's what they get for fucking over ban state residents
>>
>>27948176
No I'm not talking about that at all.

See >>27948143
>>
>>27948176
Dicks set the pricing, and Troy lost alot of money on that order that they had to recoup losses on.
That shit literally almost took out Troy desu senpai
>>
>>27948143
Okay honestly.....I'd take classes from the Ruby Ridge snipers in a heartbeat. Years of military and Fbi hrt experience, they know their craft.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 800x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 800x424
>>27948185
>>27948230
1 good experience in the process of fixing a mistake that shouldn't have been made does not excuse shitty business practices over the course of several years.

Also read, fuck off with your shilling CTD.
>>
>>27948230
CTD is closing/has closed all of it's stores and shutting down gun sales because literally the entire gun community is wise to their BS.

Closing a store after it JUST opened means they are finally getting payback because the consumer won't take their shit
>>
>>27948271
There are many, many others out there who know the craft too who aren't the RR snipers. Seriously, I would take lessons from them too if they were the only two marksmen left on the planet.
>>
>CTD
>Closed basically all of it's physical locations this year
>Including one that was barely open 7 months in Round Rock, TX - a booming area full of people who can afford guns
>Stops gun sales
>Continually get's lit the fuck up on facebook for being jews
They don't have good business practices, the average consumer can get better and more stable pricing elsewhere and has moved on, they are basically praying now for a shillary win / close race so tons of uneducated consumers can waste their money there.
>>
Read the google reviews from the recently closed store in round rock

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheaper+than+dirt+store+in+roundrock+closed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#lrd=0x8644ce1dfb7fbc1b:0x25a692272c3a3650,1

From one reviewer:
"This place is charging what the market will bear. They won't get a dime of my money unless their pricing strategy changes. Rip-off (Gander) Mountain even looks better by comparison.

Need ammo go up the road to Academy.

Need guns, go downtown to McBride's."

Mind you this store opened and closed this year (2015, the current year that it is) when there was no real gun panic other than lingering .22 shortage
>>
>>27948323
I'm confident only the fudds talking about high ammo and accessory prices and people who simply don't know of any other e-tailer buy from CTD.

On the Central coast of CA I listen to conservative talk radio on AM and FM. CTD had year-round ads nearly all day. I remember one of them talking about "why drive 2 hours to buy a box of ammo when you could buy from CTD and have it delivered to your door?" which is true because of how spread out things are on the coast.

That and they have a great business name, cheaper than dirt! Holy shit, they must have the best prices!
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1067x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1067x653
>>27948294
>mfw the losses that this must have caused them
>mfw only a matter of time until the company completely caves
>mfw this is the fate they chose for themselves
>>
>>27948066
no that was still sandy vagina
>>
>>27948371
They blow alot of money on ad revenue and attracting uneducated consumers to buy, and during panics there usually is a swell on uneducated consumers flooding the market who "need to get it before it's banned".
I mean I knew of guys who never shot a gun who were buying AK's for 1500 dollars ffs.

THeir pricing during non panic times is usually just at what the market will bear and is barely competitive with big box stores like Cabelas and Gander
>>
>>27948368

>Rip-off (Gander) Mountain

I went there last night, fuck that place.

I wish /k/ had a "don't shop" list stickied because those fucks deserve to be at the top.
>>
>CTD opens a store near me
>Closes down like 2 months later because no one wants to give CTD their money anymore

>>27948230
>>27948185
>I had a good experience with them fixing a mistake on some shit I probably overpaid for
>That means they never price gouged!

Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>27948385
Gander sometimes has sales for durr rifles, also they have a used gun section that usually has surplus guns at ok pricing.
They usually have a large stock, I went in there once having given up looking for a certain gun and they had it in the back (not displayed) for just about MSRP.

It's also better than Dicks

Ammo pricing is horrible, accessories can be a bit high, and I generally recommend Academy instead
>>
>>27948384
Thats true. On the california gun forums the for sale section was FLOODED with AR15's over the last 6 months. "Paid $1400, willing to sell for $1000, need to pay for summer vacation"

Plain flattop uppers with fixed front sights, shit you can buy new today for $500.
>>
>>27948385
water is wet and Gander Mountain over charges
it's a known-known
>>
>>27948377
The one in round rock was a large store, biggest I've been in in the U.S. - wall to wall lined with gunns, the size of a small gun show, and I still never bought a single item there, most of the people in the store there apparently didn't much either.

They easily blew millions on that store, staff, and it's inventory, so it's good to see them fucking suffer
>>
>>27948413
>Better than Dick's

Funny enough, I bought my Maverick 88 shotgun there brand new for $180 and some #8 shot for about $.23/shell last time I was there about a year ago. Their prices on shotguns seemed OK at least.
>>
>>27948413

>It's also better than Dicks

The customer service was fucking terrible, I'd rather spend the extra $20 at Dicks for a gun that's not on sale then deal with their bullshit. Last night was my first and last ATTEMPT to buy something there.

No AKs in store (All 'Murrikan) but they had a $500 Bushmaster AR that probably jammed more than it shot. Used selection/pricing was shit. The online selection is good but pricing is shit compared to a private sale/gun show. In store used selection was laughable.

>Ammo pricing is horrible
>accessories can be a bit high

Magpul 30-round AK mags were $7 more expensive that online. Ammo was almost double and that's being generous.
>>
>>27948432
>inventory
isn't that just a shell game? the only cost they ate was moving the items from the 'warehouse' and then back again
>>
>>27948230

Yes this totally justifies taking advantage of a panic after a mass shooting and selling mags and ammo for 10x msrp
>>
>>27948428
TO be fair about Gander/cabelas, they are sporting goods (and athletics) stores, they gotta make profit on guns to justify having gun sections in the first place and to justify having nice neat large stores

Academy has much better pricing and has a haphazard inventory and they don't blow money on animatronic durr

REI doesn't have these issues, but REI is for hipster faggots anyway
>>
>>27947957
Underrated
>>
>>27948455
REI is not a bad joint. No-questions-asked return policy that they let you exploit, buy your good stuff from them, go backpacking for two weeks, return anything that failed and they send you new stuff. Voila.
>>
>>27948438
Gander has a better selection of gun stuff, dick's has fucked over gun companies in the past, and dick's always gouges prices on hunting ammo just before/during hunting season.

Here is how it works
>Hunting season 2 months away
>Start pushing ads out for deals on hunting rifles/shotguns at decent prices.
>People go to buy ammo and scope for the season with their new gun
>They spend 3x more on ammo and scope because they are uneducated consumer fudd shits
>>
>>27947937
You got absolutely blown the fuck out. Now go back to Reddit.
>>
>>27947892
During 2013 i saw a 100 rd box of winchester white box .22 ammo listed for 100$ on their site... Thats enough reason for me to never shop there again
>>
>>27948452
I'm not sure, they had alot of high priced shit on the walls - collector grade hunter shit like snazzy double rifles, Sage EBR'd M1A's, a 7.62 Galil ARM, Noveske and KAC AR's galore, etc.

Most of that shit will hit the road on a gunshow tour, won't get sold, then will be on gunbroker, where they will have to take a hit.

It was a large inventory - literally millions of dollars worth of guns, and they just suspended online firearm sales
>>
>>27948508
It wasn't millions of inventory for guns. Car dealerships have millions.
>>
>>27948444
Dick's has nothing other than new remmy/mossberg/etc guns though, Gander occasionally has interesting shit and sells pistols.
Gander is a place worth a visit every once in a while, for the most part the pricing sucks, but every now and then they have rarer shit or shit under priced.
I purchased a 90% Eddystone M1917for 450 bucks at a gander mtn, and a P226 100 dollars under MSRP. It's mostly bad though, but I still make a point to do a quick lookie loo if I'm shopping near one
I haven't bought ammo at one since I was 19
>>
File: CTD.png (75 KB, 1027x717) Image search: [Google]
CTD.png
75 KB, 1027x717
>>27947892

As many have stated they raise prices when demand goes up.

people hate the free market.

I have been a customer of theirs for years, I buy shit from them if its the cheapest place to find it.

They are good just watch out for their shipping, everything they have is at different warehouses around the country and you could put three things in your cart from three warehouses and easily have the cost of shipping exceed the cost of your items.

pic related, just made it.

Buyer beware.
>>
>>27948523
>Had guns lining every wall
>on the other side of the wall were gun display cases
>middle isles were ammo and accessories
>They had a full glock display case with basically every glock in every color imaginable,
>Had high priced cases with Kimber, Wilson Combat, Les Bauer 1911's
>Saw cases with expensive shit like a engraved euro double rifle going for over 10k and some other high priced items like Korth's
>Had inventory in the back
>had semi auto RPD's and MG42 clones on the walls
There were easily 1200 guns on display alone.

That place easily had millions in inventory.
They wanted to take advantage of the huge amount of unmarried dudes in the Centex area with large disposable incomes, but only CTD could fuck that up.
Long term it would have probably made them quite a bit of money if they held out, but operating at a loss for awhile can be expected opening a place like that, and they couldn't shoulder it because CTD is taking sales hits company wide
>>
>>27948619
yeah, the back was pretty much jam packed full of firearm boxes

would have been super sweet if they had one of them going of of business everything must go sales
>>
>>27948615
It's not that they just raise prices, the prices overinflate.
Brownells and everybody else in the online game does the same thing only they react to it, CTD does it anticipatory.

But Brownells/Sportsmans guide/etc they'll raise prices but not to catastrophic levels, they'll double or at worse triple the price and let it run out of stock.
CTD will mark up a 15 dollar PMAG to 100 dollars, while everyone else is laying low selling PMAG's at 50 dollars a pop letting their inventories clear
>>
>>27948654
I'm sure some of their shit will be on the gun show circuit - they'll buy a bunch of tables at saxet.
It may actually be a sweet time to hit the gun show circuit - no scares on the horizon until after the primaries, CTD having a firesale at saxet selling shit at a loss.
Alot of their shit probably went back into online inventory. In fact from what I understood some of the shit in store was considered online inventory also
>>
>>27948548

Dick's by me has pistols. The M9 I wanted to buy last night was only $20 more than Gander where it was on sale. They have a .50 DEeagle that they let you play with too.

>but every now and then they have rarer shit or shit under priced.

It's priced down to what you'd find it for online somewhere. Nothing special unless you're uninformed or scared of buying things on the big scurry internet.

>Gander is a place worth a visit every once in a while

Never again.
>>
>>27947937
>/k/ will piss and moan all day about 2nd Amendment, but then get butt flustered when someone gets murdered with a gun.
>>
>>27948654
There are several gun stores in close distance to each other in cedar park, some of them I know are hurting for business because I saw a sign twirler the other day with a "GUN SALE!" sign outside what I think was Capitol Armory (didn't get a good look because was driving and haven't been to that store yet).
I'm always willing to give local stores a chance over some big spook gougers.
>>
>>27947937
>Store has unreasonably high prices and jerks people around.
>"Whoa whoa whoa guys, you can't talk bad about that store, or you hate the free market."
>>
>>27948718
Interesting. I've never seen a dicks with pistols.
A Bass pro just opened near me and a cabelas is about an hour away, plus I have academy everywhere here so I haven't actually bought anything from Gander in well over a year, but I am aware it has gotten worse
>>
>>27948751

The gun industry is in a massive speculative bubble.

There are way too many gun stores and distributors.

I was at a gun store the other day and one table had P-Mags in a pile about six feet long, two feet high and three feet deep. I don't know how many were there but it was a shitload of them, 14.95 each; nobody was buying.
>>
>>27948775

> I haven't actually bought anything from Gander in well over a year

Virginia is a very pro-gun state but Roanoke, where I live, is quasi-liberal despite being in the south.

The piece of shit last night, after making me fuck around for 15 minutes with a numbered ticket waiting for assistance, wanted a CC permit as another form of registration before he'd do the background check.

That's not a Virginia requirement by any stretch of the imagination or law. Sportsman's sold me a WASR AK with my ID and lease.
>>
>>27948790

>14.95 each; nobody was buying.

Yeah, they're $10 online.>>27948791
>>
>>27948791
>>27948775

>form of registration

I meant to say form of ID, not registration.
>>
>>27948385
I got a K31, walnut stock, sling, troop tag, hard case for $314 at gander. Besides that their prices suck.
>>
I bought some rubberized stick on grips for my gen 3 glock from them. the fit on them wasnt that great. i posted a review stating my issues with the product. the review never appeared on their website.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.