[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you aren't a total idiot, child conscript, or low IQ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
If you aren't a total idiot, child conscript, or low IQ mudrace, there is no advantage to the AK-47 over the AR-15. The only thing the AK has over the AR is reliability, which doesn't matter if you take care of your weapon.
>>
thread hidden
also saged
>>
I mean unless you are talking about 7.62x39. The ability to defeat cover is pretty nice.
>>
File: haleyAK.gif (820 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
haleyAK.gif
820 KB, 250x141
>>27947544

It's somewhat hard to argue with that statement if we were to get past the fact that this is a troll thread.

I guess the response is that production cost and reliability are significant factors.

Keep in mind that PJs roll with AKMs in Afghan for dat caliber.
>>
>>27947544
I know trollloling this board is easier than fighting a preschooler but come on man, try a little harder.
>>
>>27947594

I could argue that OP is omitting a strange act of self harm by not owning both platforms and becoming skilled at not just one weapon system.

AR/AK fanboy shitposts get old.
>>
>>27947640

Both have their merits, pros and cons. I have both and like both for different reasons.
>>
>>27948180
this
they are both reliable
they can both Jam
they are both accurate in the right hands
they are both fucking awesome
OP is a faggot
>>
The right answer is to use whichever is your favorite, and the one you shoot best with. Virtually everything else in this tired debate is irrelevant.
>>
Right tool for the right job. For certain jobs, one can be superior to the other. THis holds true for so many things in our consumer based lives.
>>
>>27947544
>Posting Shit that doesn't matter
Literally, every stupid motherfucker with a YouTube channel or a blog talks about this at one point or another and it simply does not matter. In 2015 in the United States, you can get usuable, reliable versions of both for $550 cash. Pick the one you like the most and buy it.

Jesus, you can immediately pick out the broke motherfuckers who argue to the death that their Rock River and VP9 are the greatest gifts to man and the only excuse for picking anything else is putting lead paint in your frosted flakes when you were little. If you weren't a poorfag you could buy both and enjoy them for what they are but instead, you defend your inadequacy on the internet by saying what you didn't choose is somehow worse.
>>
>>27947544
Can't stop and clean your gun in the middle of a firefight, though.

There are plenty of videos of soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq having malfunctions while fighting, mostly due to dust and sand.
>>
>>27947544
>Not owning both

Way to be a retarded faggot, OP.
>>
File: ARvsAK.png (1020 KB, 908x617) Image search: [Google]
ARvsAK.png
1020 KB, 908x617
pic related
>>
>>27947544
>>
File: 1410118805308.jpg (39 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1410118805308.jpg
39 KB, 848x480
>>27947544
>not owning and being proficient with both
>>
>>27947544
Indeed, but that doesn't mean people can't have fun with AKs
>>
>>27948722
>typical
>>
File: 1420774714753.gif (506 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1420774714753.gif
506 KB, 245x245
>>27948666

Should focus the attention of the thread towards how fucking goddamn fugly that AK is.

It's like I'm watching a cripple try and ride a bike with lead diver weights on.
>>
>>27948753
>What this guy said

If I were out inna mountains or other very long-range territory, of the two I would take the AR every time, especially if .308.
Inna city, or suburbs or trees, I would be rocking the AK all day.

>>27947544
Owning an AK as my first semi-auto mas made me curious about others, and the next one on my list is an AR. Your bitching post really sucks.
>>
>>27948722
What about the FAL?
>>
>>27948753
I'm not proficient with my AK because it is a janky piece of shit...
>>
>>27947544
x39 cartridges are superior due to their case design. Simplicity of maintenance is also preferable to people who want to shoot their gun more than they want to fondle it.
>>
AK was designed for a big country and it's allies, who almost universally used conscription. That meant they needed to arm lots of people, millions, as efficiently as possible. They're cheap to produce, are easy to operate and maintain.

It remains so in current day as well, so if your budget is tight and you need to fight a war, you seek out a more modern AK variant. Or if you're dead broke, the older AK is fine too.

Another factor of AK that many overlook is deniability. Everyone has it, so you can't pin the blame for certain event on one specific adversary by just inspecting traces they left. A lot of NATO countries use M4 or similar variant for same reason (I hear SAS especially likes Canada's C8).

With modern parts and modern care, an AK rifle is as effective as AR-15, although admittedly once you try to turn it into a precision rifle, AR-15 is better at this role.

So in the end, if you fight a war, learn to love both. If all the shooting you do is at the local gun range, enjoy whatever you feel, but be an upstanding gentleman and respect the tastes of others.
>>
>>27948981
Single shot break action shotgun is even simpler. Might as well use those all the time, amirite?
>>
>>27947594
Production cost is low in cheap labor areas. AK manufacturing is pretty labor intensive. Lots of fitting, gauging, and filing required. ARs for the most part just go together without said fitting.
>>
If you are invading Russia you probably want an AK so you can scavenge ammo from all the Russians you killed.
>>
>>27948865
so sensitive to sand the jews started making their own damn rifle, and you know how cheap they are
>>
I like all the after market parts available available for the AR15. You get to create a platform that really feels like you. The AK just feels uncharacteristic and standard in comparison.
>>
>>27948786
I actually kind of like the tan receiver, but I'm not a fan of the rails and stock.
>>
>>27947544
>works well in cold climates
>can be chambered 308 or even 30-06 without heavily modifying the receiver
>suppressor friendly 762 if the bore is concentric
>dat 545
>multigenerational platform without replacing parts

vs

>chambered in 556, 545, 762x39, 300blk, or any of several meme calibers like 458, 6.5, 6.8, etc
>intermediate cartridges only, not enough room for proper rifle cartridges
>completely user serviceable without no special tools that can't be improvised
>internally simpler to feed from magazine, special alignment from magazine not needed because magwell
>easier to manufacture industrially

IT'S ALL GOOD NIGGA

EBONY AND IVORY

GO HOME
>>
>>27951459
>tfw I will probably be too old to kill ivan along side easter bloc countries like Poland, Ukraine, and Romania to name a few in the coming collapse of the Russian federation. You heard it here first.

O well, at least I'll watch it High definition on the internet
>>
>>27948245
>they are both accurate in the right hands

>AR15
>Accurate

topkek
>>
If you live in the U.S. you're meme status if you own an AK

in a SHTF scenario you want .223/5.56
much more common stateside.
>>
>>27954011
>SHTF
>ammo availability

LOL
>>
>>27947544
let's play your game.
>cost of quality rifle
>cost of ammo
>cost of accessories

Not to mention in the ak clube, no one really cares who put the most amount of money into their shit.

and the AR-15 has absolutely no advantage for the comman man, over the ak, distance shooting with an optic aside.

and in some states hunting with 5.56 or .223 is BANNED. So AK it is.

but then again this is just a troll....
>>
>>27947594
>in mind that PJs roll with AKMs in Afghan for dat caliber.
[citation fucking needed]
This has got to be one of the stupider things I've read on /k/
>>
>>27947544
>which doesn't matter if you take care of your weapon

That armchair must be pretty soft this time of night, eh warrior?

The ak also has a superior mag locking mechanism and a reciprocating charging handle for ease of clearing and chambering even if it did ever jam.
>>
>>27947544
AK's are way more fun cock faggot.
>>
>>27951459
>I'll just scavenge my ammo
Says the idiot who played one too many video games.
>>
>>27954088
>had a reciprocating charging handle
>on the wrong damn side
Who gives a fuck if your reciprocating handle isn't any more useful then the AR's charging handle?

Also
>that fuck awful F-S-A selector lever
Not even once.
>>
>>27947544
Charging handle on an AK is easier to manipulate quickly than on an AR.
With a stock-standard AR you either take your dominant hand off and up to reach the latch, as opposed to the AK where your non-dominant hand just goes straight back to the charging handle.
There's also the mag release.
An AR's mag release is designed to be used with the off-hand thumb when changing mags, as there isn't any way your trigger finger could reach it.
The AK's mag release is equally good either side.
>>
>>27947544
nigger are you stupid?
Maybe the 47, but the AK platform is 10x better than the AR.
>>
>>27954463

You must be left handed because I'm right handed, and everything you just said is reversed.
AK charging handle must turn rifle or use dominant hand to charge rifle.
Stock AR use non dominant hand at ready position, rack handle.
Mag Release on AR, use trigger finger, mag drops free.
AK use non dominant hand to hit mag release and remove mag.
>>
>>27947544
Compare an AK-12 to an AR-15.
>>
File: Better AR.png (439 KB, 1530x858) Image search: [Google]
Better AR.png
439 KB, 1530x858
>>27954523
This is true.
Ideally an AR would be set up like this, with a mag release on the other side.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.