[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First handgun purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: Glock_vs_TP9SA_F_2.jpg (392 KB, 1000x450) Image search: [Google]
Glock_vs_TP9SA_F_2.jpg
392 KB, 1000x450
Alright /k/
Going to the gun show today to buy my first handgun. Im leaning towards the civic of guns (g19 gen 4) but considering a Canik TP9 ive used my buddies and for 350 thats hard to beat.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1447613565878.jpg (2 MB, 2582x1937) Image search: [Google]
1447613565878.jpg
2 MB, 2582x1937
>>27947351
Get the canik, I've shot a few of the tp9s and they are a lot of gun for the money, sold my glock 19 because it was a steaming pile of shit
>>
>>27947351
Glocks are good starting guns. Lots and lots of room for customizing as you get more practiced. Make sure your trigger discipline is on point though because you WILL negligently discharge it otherwise.

The most important thing is to do your own research. Any gun you like the looks of, be sure to at least hold it in your hand before buying. Comfort is important, you want to buy a pistol that fits you. See what magazines cost and how available they are. Read up on peoples' experiences with the gun, but take them with a grain of salt. Unless a pistol catastrophically malfunctions or otherwise breaks during the first few magazines, I don't feeoan opinion formed before a few hundred rounds through a gun is going to be a very educated one. Getting used to how different pistols shoot until they feel like an extension of the body takes lots of range time. Even then, some guns will feel better for others because everyone is different.

And just something I've learned as a poorfag- never consider price as a main selling point of a gun you're going to take seriously. I'm skeptical about most pistols below ~$400, they often seem like a gamble. You COULD get an amazing underrated piece, or maybe that guy praising his cheap knockoff as underrated hasn't fired more than a magazine through it. Good guns tend to speak for themselves.

The point is, guns are meant to last. Unless you store your pistol in a bucket of salt water, you're still going to have it 30-40 years from now. It's worth saving for a renown brand, you'll never regret it (unless you can't actually afford it, of course).

>>27947385
>Sold my Glock 19 because it was a steaming pile of shit

Don't listen to this retard. Glocks are amazing pistols, but they aren't for everyone. Calling a Glock uncomfortable to hold is one thing, but calling it a steaming pile of shit is just wrong.

>I shot that gun a few times yeah, it's a great gun that I don't own. Fully recommend it for the money!
Probably dumb.
>>
>>27947351

G19 all the way. You're not just buying a good gun, you're also buying a gun that ANY holster maker makes a holster for, tons of aftermarket accessories, magazines can be found at ANY gun store, ANY aftermarket sight makes a sight that will fit it, aftermarket triggers, slide stops, barrels, etc.

The canik is a joke compared to that. It might be a good gun on it's own, but good fucking luck if you actually want to carry or mod it.
>>
>>27947669
>calls me a retard
>displays the reading comprehension of a third grader
Toplel, your butthurt doesn't change the fact it was a pile of shit that Glock failed to fix THREE times
>>
>>27947385
>Muslim endorses Turkish weapons
And in other news, the sun is still on fire.

It may be a good fun for the money, but if that's how we're arguing, the hi point is a good gun (for the money) as well.
>>
>>27947669
but glocks are steaming piles of shit, if you weren't emotionally invested in it you would see its one of the worst polymer pistols on the market these days, XD , M&P, VP9 , PPQ all shit on the glock
>>
>>27947694
G19 for all of the reasons stated here. Now, you should take into consideration other handguns on the market, but if it's down to the Canik or the Glock, definitely the Glock.
>>
Glock 19 has a long history of reliability, they are just the right size for your average adult to be able to conceal and still have enough grip and capacity to be effective.
>>
>>27947744

>XD
>grip safety
>gripzone
>croat shit

nigga please, the fact that you even mention XD in this argument means you don't know shit about handguns
>>
>>27947351
Glock 19 unless you want to give your jewgoldz to a state sponsor of terrorism

>>27947385
>>27947715
No surprise there
>>
>>27947351

I started with a Glock for mine. Seeing as they are cheap, I don't mind fucking up the finish. They're reliable though. About 8,000 rounds through my G19, only had two jams. I was using some unknown brand mags though.
>>
>>27947735
OP never asked which is better, which is totally subjective anyway. He would get more use out of the canik and a couple hundred rounds than just the Glock alone, and yeah I'd rather buy a Turk than an Austrian gun.
>>27947749
There are better options for CCW, neither is ideal.
>>
>>27947760

I can find OEM glock mags for like $22 online, why the fuck do people buy those unknown korean shitty glock mags still? Makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>27947760
post pictures
>>
>>27947763
>There are better options for CCW, neither is ideal.

That's highly debatable. For a double stack, not many can compete with the capacity and size of a G19 for an all-around ccw. You should like a massive faggot that carries around single stacks like a bitch.
>>
>>27947351
As for recommendations, the brands you know off of the top of your head are probably good bets. Sig, Glock, Beretta, S&W, H&K, Walther, Ruger. If you do want to be thrifty, police trade-in Glocks are everywhere. Ruger is usually at the lower end of the price range; their guns are stiff and have heavy triggers but they're built the heaviest out of most of them.

>>27947715
While you may actually be the one-in-a-million soul who had a Glock 19 break on them and then have Glock fail to fix it three times, you have to be aware that you're a statistical anomaly.

>>27947744
I'm not emotionally invested in anything. I'll recommend an M&P over a Glock. I even own a Springfield XD-9, it was my first pistol.

The fact is that Glocks are not bad guns. What do the rest of those do that Glocks don't? They're all fine guns, they're all fine purchases. This isn't about fanboyism, this is about recommending guns that OP won't regret buying as his first.
>>
>>27947763
>There are better options for CCW, neither is ideal.
The best option is the gun you feel most comfortable carrying and shooting.
>>
>>27947763
I am convinced muslimbro is some kind of disinfo bot

Every thread he posts in he always spams retarded shit
>I'd rather buy a Turkish gun
>Glock 19 was a steaming pile of shit

Go away
>>
>>27947776
It's ideal if you're a fatty and do nothing physical in the summer that requires you to move around. Play basketball while carrying your Glock, I tried many ways and could never do it.
>>27947782
>gun literally poops the rounds on your hand
>so does my brother in laws gen4
>>27947789
Exactly but your experience is going to be severely limited if you're only looking at two pistols. Where does OP even state its for CCW?
>>27947808
Because the Turk gun is 200 cheaper and I've owned glocks, they aren't providing anything more than the turkshit does, especially for a range gun.
>>
>>27947823
>carrying a gun of any kind while playing basketball

Please just stop you fucking moron.

This sort of shit is exactly what I >>27947808 mean
>>
>>27947823
>gun literally poops the rounds on your hand
>so does my brother in laws gen4

Wow! You should make a video, and even include the proof that Glock failed to fix it three times. It's honestly so unheard of that it might be a massive blow to Glock.

>i got nuthin to prove on 4chan
Then shut the fuck up, because all the evidence in the world points towards you talking shit for no reason.
>>
>>27947839
>not carrying while you work out
Why carry at all if you don't everywhere you go
>>27947840
The problem I had isn't one only I had, its quite well documented online with tons of other people having the same issue with their gen4s. Stay mad glockfanboi.
>>
>>27947840
>buttmad fanboy is buttmad
https://www.google.com/search?q=glock+ejector&oq=glock+ejector&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.9854j0j4&client=tablet-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=glock+ejection
>>
>>27947744
Not a Glock fan, but the XD is literally the worst piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of firing.
That and who the fuck buys Walther besides wannabe James bonds.

I can't comment on the other guns though. I'll just say "get a hammer fired metal framed hunk of amazingness and save yourself some time".
>>
>>27947823

>playing basketball with muh Glocknade

No Blood: No Foul rules just got a little more interesting!
>>
>>27947859

Because I do not have autism

Please kill yourself
>>
>>27947872
>he doesn't realize every pistol can have issues

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=s%26w+m%26p+ejection
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=springfield+xd+ejection
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=hk+ejection+problems
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=walther+ppq+ejection
>>
>>27947902
>doesn't have autism
You aren't fooling me lad.
>>
>>27947859
I'm not even a Glock fanboy, you're just straight-up talking bullshit for some reason.

Did you buy shares in Canik or something? I'm mostly just confused, I wasn't even recommending a Glock. But to come out and say, that against all evidence, your literally who manufacturer blows Glock out of the water and does it for $200 less? That's some bullshit. You're a terrible person for trying to shill your gun on a new shooter.

>>27947872
>Glock poops bullets into your hand, and Glock didn't fix it even though I sent it in 3 times!
All I see here are things about casings ejecting erratically.

Jesus Christ, you're so upset about Glocks that you've turned it into a thread attacking them. I was only defending them because someone said they're shitty guns after OP said he was looking at one.

I prefer M&Ps. I don't even really recommend pistols without side-mounted safeties to new shooters because their trigger discipline probably isn't up to snuff.
>>
>>27947840
>a self proclaimed Muslim talking shit for no reason
>shilling for turkshit's not a reason
Smh desu senpai.
You aren't thinking with your tinfoil today.
>>
>>27947918
youre right they all can. not all have it because of a shitty design though.try harder
>>
>>27947767

I didn't buy. Dad knew I was into guns, wanted to surprise me for my bday. So he bought a shit ton of them, cause in his eyes all mags are created equal.
>>
>>27947932
Can you shitpost in a thread where it won't affect a new shooter?
>>
>>27947932
well let me know which pistol has no record of ever failing, k thx.
>>
>>27947921
Not muslimbro

But saying
>because their trigger discipline probably isn't up to snuff

Pretty self righteous and stupid of you. Doesn't take years of experience to not put your finger on the trigger

Trying to recommend a safety that can fail or someone can "think was turned on" as a crutch for a perceived lack of trigger discipline is just as stupid
>>
>>27947921
Where did I say they blow Glock out of the water? Where did I even say its better than the Glock? I said the Glock provides nothing more than the canik, it does nothing the canik can't do. Your anger is blinding you to what I'm saying.
>Jesus Christ, you're so upset about Glocks that you've turned it into a thread attacking them.
>implying rabid glockfags aren't buttblasted because someone doesnt like their toy
My favorite part is when delusional glockfags are making up my argument out of thin air as if reading comprehension is foreign to them
>>
File: 1447864615899.png (233 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
1447864615899.png
233 KB, 577x435
>>27947823
>islamist
>tripfaggot
>carrying while playing basketball

REMOVE
>>
>>27947997
I carry while playing ball so I can shoot at whitey with my brothers
>>
File: 1447504166657.jpg (30 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447504166657.jpg
30 KB, 320x320
>>27948012
>feeling the need to put his religion as part of his trip
>>
>>27947351
>all these glockfags yet not one can give any concrete reason why the Glock is better
>hurr muh turkshit
>hurr muh terror support
youre going to need a lot more than that to distract people
>>
>>27947960
>Doesn't take years of experience
You're right. But considering there's a few videos (and hundreds and hundreds of stories and random news articles) of people with years of experience shooting themselves while drawing/holstering, trigger discipline is not to be taken lightly. Ever. That's why people who train to use their guns for a living get chewed out when they don't adhere to strict trigger discipline.

>OP might think he had the safety on and ND anyway
>So how dare you act like trigger discipline is a big deal for new shooters, he's not stupid
>>
>>27947983
>the Glock provides nothing more than the canik
Just like a mad-catz controller works as good as the real thing
>>
>>27948035
Just like you feel the need to shitpost? :^)
>>
>>27948054
So what you are saying is that it doesn't matter if your gun has a safety or not
>>
>>27948068
It does. My USP does nothing more than the Canik either. It's a good gun especially for what they are asking for it, deal with it
>>
>>27948082
No, that's what you said. When you said the risk of OP forgetting to set the safety on when he goes to apparently check if his gun's clear by pulling the trigger.

What I said was that a safety is a backup for someone who might not have trigger discipline down to muscle memory yet. It only takes one groggy morning for you to put a bullet in your wall.
>>
>>27947983
GLOCK

>"steaming pile of shit"
>>
>>27948115
But it isn't a backup

Buying it and thinking it is one is dangerous and stupid
>>
>>27947351
I'm not a new gun owner but the tp9sa is going to be my next purchase. Everywhere I have researched I have heard nothing but good things. This is going to be the new hs2000(xd series) of pistols. If the price were higher people would think its a better gun, that's what happened with the hs2000 when Springfield decided to put their name on the Croatian plastic. Don't know why that is but it just is, guess its just that people assume more expensive automatically means more or better quality. But do not hesitate to get the tp9sa, it's a good gun with a very good trigger, cheap mags and full lifetime warranty.
>>
File: m02012070600009.jpg (35 KB, 550x390) Image search: [Google]
m02012070600009.jpg
35 KB, 550x390
>>27948069

Death will find all mudslimes. Soon.
>>
File: jericho 941fl.jpg (34 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
jericho 941fl.jpg
34 KB, 567x425
>>27947351
I got a Jericho on Gunbroker for about $350 (it came out to about 400 with shipping and the store handling fee). I remember seeing some others in the same price range on cdisales.
>>
>>27948899
Perhaps death finds you instead
>>
>>27947351
I know it's late, OP, but the Glock 19 is a good choice. Also, don't buy Glock at a gun show unless you have money to burn. If you do have money to burn then good luck.

Also, on the off chance anyone is going to the Philly nastygirl armory show tomorrow too, I'll see y'all faggots there. If anyone considering going to their first gun show there it's not bad, but Oaks (especially Oaks Holiday, next month) is several times better.
>>
File: running_from_bears.jpg (31 KB, 428x484) Image search: [Google]
running_from_bears.jpg
31 KB, 428x484
Just get a .25 ACP and learn to shoot straight.
>>
>>27947385
that's a really fucking ugly gun.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.