[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women on the field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: brock_lesnar.jpg (29 KB, 730x487) Image search: [Google]
brock_lesnar.jpg
29 KB, 730x487
To anyone who's in favor of women on the combat field, I want you to role play in your mind for a minute and imagine the following scenario:

You are a six foot tall man who's comprised of 250 pounds of pure muscle. You're riding through enemy territory, when the worst case scenario happens. Your convoy is attacked. You're completely decimated. In the attack, you get shot in the leg. You can't walk. There is one other survivor who's with you: One of the drivers. The driver now has the task of carrying you, on foot, fifteen miles through enemy territory back behind friendly lines.

Which would you rather have as the driver: A 5'3" 125 pound woman, or a 5'10" 200 pound man? Do you believe that the 5'3" woman is capable of getting you, this man who is almost a foot taller than her, has a much bulkier build, and is twice her weight, to safety?

ANY job that takes you to the battlefield has potential to wind up like this. It doesn't matter if you're a driver, a pilot, or the person who sits behind the mounted gun on the vehicle. Your strength and athleticism can be called upon at any time. There are no safe jobs. And this is strictly the physical aspect. It says nothing about the psychological impact that it has the male soldiers, which can get people killed just readily.

Any "buts" that you try to give to the various problems that come up as a result of women on the field are a claim that your dreams are more important than their lives. "That's not it!", you say. Yeah, that's not it... it's just that your dreams are so important that when given the choice between your dreams and their lives, we should pretend that there are no issues with the latter, no matter what evidence points to the contrary! In other words, that IS it, and you just don't like the sound of having blood on your hands.

Between their physical build and their biological relationship with men, women just aren't cut out for the battlefield.
>>
I agree but I would rather have a 5'3'' 130 pound woman with a steady hand oparate on a bullet wound than a 6' 250 pund dude so more of a medical role in a FOB would be best
>>
The irony is that in your fantasy a lot of men wouldn't be able to carry that person back either, you it doesn't work to represent a failing.
>>
Don't think it really matters, because there are plenty of manlets and lanklets in the military who are plenty strong, male or otherwise, but nobody is going to drag 250 pounds of person through 15 miles of enemy territory

You're a fag and this thread is stupid

Still shouldn't be women on the front lines IMO

However to play the doubles advocate since this thread is cancer, if you are 6'3" 250lb would you rather carry a 5'10" 200lb wounded man or 5'3" 120lb wounded female
>>
>>27946019
If I'm 250 lbs of pure muscle, then I'm dead. Blood isn't a muscle. Neither are bones.

Checkmate.
>>
>>27946093
>the doubles advocate

I like it.
>>
>>27946069
>>27946093

They have male muscle mass and durability, though. Even a 5'5" man would do a hell of a lot better than a 5'3" woman.
>>
>>27946134
But still fail to accomplish the goal.
>>
>>27946134
Congrats on your autism diagnosis, and also not answering the question.
>>
>>27946152

Might depend on how much he lifts.

The woman, on the other hand, is pretty much fucked.
>>
>>27946134
I watched my mother shift a pillar drill, sure it wasn't easy but she didn't lift, people are different I can't pull off some of the shit she did but there are clearly men stronger than both of us again.
>>
File: brock.png (83 KB, 339x329) Image search: [Google]
brock.png
83 KB, 339x329
>>27946019
what ever you say, wizard
>>
>>27946093
Probably the 200 pound man since he might be able to actually be of use at some point in the future
>>
>>27946019
>You are a six foot tall man who's comprised of 250 pounds of pure muscle. You're riding through enemy territory, when the worst case scenario happens. Your convoy is attacked. You're completely decimated. In the attack, you get shot in the leg. You can't walk.

I want the person on my side that is not stupid enough to ride through areas where they might be ambushed. Also someone smart enough to not get shot in the first fucking place. Part of the reason why the US is having the problems it has been having in the war on terror is because of the mentality that war needs to be won by people who are comprised of 250 lbs of pure muscle rather than 250 lbs of pure brain. There is a physical component to modern combat, but it is greatly inferior to the mental component. There is a physical component, but it should always take a back seat to the mental component not the other way around.

With all that being said, there are essentially no female professional chess and video game players so even the mentality involved in competitive things women have a hard time competing.
>>
>>27946471
>Video games

Into the trash you go please die
>>
>>27946019
Question: Are you wearing a mask?
>>
>>27946528
For you?
>>
>>27946528
Your punishment must be more severe.
>>
>>27946518
>Into the trash you go please die

no that is what you people are doing

ayy lmao

keep trying to arm wrestle the talibans there chief
>>
>>27946590
What are you going to do? 1v1 CSGO the local Pashtun leader? Loser has to stop Jihading

yeah, go fuck off you petulant child
>>
>>27946019
I don't know what about 5'3 125 pound men in the combat field can they still die for their country or 6 foot woman who are 250 pounds of pure muscle are they fine?
>>
>>27946662
The man, yes

The woman, no

Women lose muscle mass at a much faster rate then men, she would have too much trouble maintaining the muscle mass

That's not even counting that she is far weaker than a man with the same stats
>>
>>27946590
child spotted
get off 4chan faggot go get beat by your dad
>>
>>27946590
here is your (You) you fucking moron
>>
>>27946672
I hear carrying 80 pounds of gear with you is a great way to keep up muscle mass as well as gain some.
>>
>>27946019
>It doesn't matter if you're a pilot
Bitch, tell that to the Night Witches...
>>
>>27946741
It really isnt. Burns shit load of calories and destroys your joints.
>>27946741
>>
File: military relationships.gif (41 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
military relationships.gif
41 KB, 500x398
Fun fact: The military is the world's largest employer of single mothers. Why is this?

Why are there so many military dudes raising some other dude's kid?
>>
When I graduated from basic/infantry school in 2006, I was 5'9" and 130lbs. The minimum weight for a 5'9" man in the army at the time was 110 lbs.

Do you think a 5'9" dude that weighs 110 lbs can carry anybody anywhere? I couldn't have carried most of the dudes in my squad when I got deployed to Iraq, luckily I never had to.
>>
>>27946019
>You are a six foot tall man who's comprised of 250 pounds of pure muscle. You're riding through enemy territory, when the worst case scenario happens. Your convoy is attacked. You're completely decimated. In the attack, you get shot in the leg. You can't walk. There is one other survivor who's with you: One of the drivers. The driver now has the task of carrying you, on foot, fifteen miles through enemy territory back behind friendly lines.
During war people die all the time. One more dead is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Deal with it.
>>
>>27946134

Not that much better really. If you're that beefy a dude then whoever's carrying you better be equally beefy or bigger or else you aren't getting carried 1 mile let alone 15, man or woman with you.
>>
>>27946019
>You are a six foot tall man who's comprised of 250 pounds of pure muscle. You're riding through enemy territory, when the worst case scenario happens. You keel over and die because you have no fat or bones.
>>
>>27946893
I'm 5'10 and weighted in at 135-140 when I went to BCT and they had us doing buddy drags/carries through the dirt. I've seen smaller lighter guys tear through on those drags with heavier battle buddies. I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be able to drag someone to cover.
>>27946019
>5'10" 200 pound man?
Hate to burst your bubble but weighting in at 200 pounds would never meet height/weight/measure tape requirements unless they had like 4 or 5% body fat no way their pulling that off with MRE's / DFAC/ no illicit substances. Even 6 foot 250 is pushing it without gear. Most of us that volunteer are regular people not roided out actors that stepped off a stallone movie. Honestly I'd be more than interested to watch someone drag 250 pounds 15 miles that's take an insane amount of strength and conditioning if your not stopping to take a picnic every few miles assuming you even have a map or know which way you're going and aint getting chased. Honestly you'd probably bleed to death within a few hours optimistically with out a load a person is probably going to be going around a 10-15 minute mile jogging on good terrain is going to be like 3 hours non stop.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.