[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking at bullpup rifles for hunting white tail. Been eyeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Kel-Tec RFB.jpg (280 KB, 1800x741) Image search: [Google]
Kel-Tec RFB.jpg
280 KB, 1800x741
Looking at bullpup rifles for hunting white tail.

Been eyeing the Keltec RFB because it is chambered in 7.62 NATO. I have had a Keltec P32 before and it did good at the range for a compact handgun, so Keltec is OK in my book. Any opinions?

Generally looking for a bullpup rifle for hunting white tail deer, maybe even wild boar if they make it this far.

Also, always had a soft spot for the AUG.
>>
RFB is a shit, wont fire anything and have heard all sorts if problems with the brass extraction because it goes alongside the barrel for some reason.
>>
>>27942658
The rfb is bad as a bullpup and atrocious as a rifle. I dont know what bullpups arr available in 7.62 but dont get the rfb.
>inb4 get the m90
>>
>>27942676
The early ones had some QC issues, but the later runs worked it out
>>
>>27942658
The RFB Hunter is legit, finger fucked one at my LGS and was tempted but I have other stuff that needs bought.
>>
>>27942695
KEL-TEC still has massive QA problems, tool marks, poor fit amd finish, all the usual pieces, for pistols and rifles.
>>
>>27942721
>Tool marks
Matters why?
>fit and finish
Got an example of poor fit? Again why does finish matter
>>
>>27942658
go for it, never heard anyone say anything bad about the RFB and it resells easy as butter

kel tec are small and easily shilled
>>
File: IMG_20151120_202625.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_202625.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>27942676
>I dont own a RFB
>I've never fired a RFB
>The RFB is shit
lel
>>
>>27942803
that sight has seen some shit
>>
File: RFB11-12-11.jpg (191 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
RFB11-12-11.jpg
191 KB, 768x576
>>27942658
Anyways anon since all you're likely to get here are poorfags who cant afford one talking shit about it. I have a 1st gen, and I like mine for what it is, something compact in a full sized cartridge. Dont think it'll be a 1000 yard gun, it has a excessive throat. The most annoying thing is having to re-setup the gas adjustment every time you change brands of ammo, and KT strongly recommends against using steel case ammo. As far as issues go, mine came with a bent firing pin and was missing a SHM-12 ring which keeps the hammer assembly attached to the rest of the FCG. Neither prevented the gun from firing however. The only issues you'll likely ever encounter are the guides of the recoil spring rods breaking off the bolt carrier, and if this does happen, it will happen shortly after you get it, they're supposedly a difficult weld to perform. If you do get one, the kydex cheekrest is a mandatory accessory as the top cover will heat up uncomfortably after a hundred rounds. If you want more info go to thektog.org and read thru the forums
>>
>>27942765
Because faggot doesn't actually shoot
>>
File: IMG_8833_zps13dfe564.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8833_zps13dfe564.jpg
86 KB, 1024x576
>>27942871
This is what i'm talking about.

Also dont think about disassembling the grip assembly, it is a fucking nightmare to take apart, i've done it and I regretted doing so.
>>
What about an M1A in a Juggernaut Rogue chassis?
>>
>>27942903
>it is a fucking nightmare to take apart
they use a excessive amount of loctite, so much so that 1/3rd the screws couldnt be removed from the threaded inserts, and I had to drive them out. The problem with that was the inserts were tapered, bigger in the middle and smaller on the ends, and I completely destroyed a couple brass punches doing so. Anyways I gota go do IRL shit and will be back in a couple hours or so if this thread is still alive and you have more questions.

Also if you're going to get a quad rail, go on gun broker and get the one from GA Cad Guy it is far superior to KT's one - milled vs cast, lighter, etc
>>
File: Woody7.jpg (44 KB, 430x645) Image search: [Google]
Woody7.jpg
44 KB, 430x645
>>27942926

Would be a better option, yes.
M1A's are less picky.

>>27942903
Yeah, nah.
I did mech shop in college.
That's a bitch of a weld to put in/mill down to spec.
If that breaks, good luck.
Better just buy a new one and drop it in if you can afford the replacement.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.