[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some front line roles in the Navy? Something that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: us-navy.gif (59 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
us-navy.gif
59 KB, 300x301
What are some front line roles in the Navy? Something that will be deployed in a war zone and see combat.
>>
>>27941460
marine
>>
>>27941460
Navy Seals
>>
Seabees, EOD, FMF Corpsmen/RPs, Expeditionary Logistics (surprising to most people), and depending on the location, Riverines and those assigned to Amphibious/Beachmaster groups. Obviously Special Warfare as well.
>>
>>27941514

Some Dog Handler MAs, and whatever weird little ad-hoc joint units that get stood up depending on the situation on the ground. The Individual Augmentee program could also potentially continue, depending on the same.
>>
>>27941460
Corpsman here, go FMF m8.
>>
>>27941460
>>27941514
>>27941544

You should know that "see combat" is always a chance, not a guarantee. You could join the infantry, deploy overseas, and still not see combat if it's not in the guards. Obviously the chances of seeing combat vary depending on the unit/specialty, but strange things happen.

The other thing is that a lot of the things I listed are units and not actual Ratings that you can sign up for. You could join as an HM and wind up dumping bed pans in a stateside hospital, or be put in a line infantry company as a combat medic. You could be a BM and scrape paint on a cruiser, or get sent to a riverine squadron and man a 240.
>>
>>27941628

*not in the cards
>>
MP

>/thread
>>
>>27941660

They weren't deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan as much as you think (but some definitely were), and it's MA in the Navy. There wasn't much need for extra Navy provided security by virtue of there being swarms if infantry and Army/USMC MPs already there. Dog handling was needed, and so was extra personnel for detainee operations.
>>
File: 1438216170723.jpg (75 KB, 663x960) Image search: [Google]
1438216170723.jpg
75 KB, 663x960
>>27941707

I was muhreen infantry and we sent guys from our own unit to dog handlers course and they were our dog handlers.

I wanted the position, but my SSgt was a douche.
>>
>>27941755

I think most of the Navy ones were IA with the Army.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.