[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ Just found out that my country still uses the old M60(but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: M60a3-28.jpg (70 KB, 625x554) Image search: [Google]
M60a3-28.jpg
70 KB, 625x554
Hey /k/
Just found out that my country still uses the old M60(but they are being fast replaced by the leo2)
Is the M60 still a capable/useful MBT by today standarts?
>>
>>27940030
I might just have old info on the ammunition it uses, but I'm pretty sure the APFSDS used by the M60 Patton had difficulty penetrating the frontal armor of a T-64.
>>
>>27940030
>Is it still useful?

That depends entirely upon how much it's been upgraded, and what it's expected to go up against.
>>
M60 Jesus
>>
File: Abril1.jpg (176 KB, 551x385) Image search: [Google]
Abril1.jpg
176 KB, 551x385
>>27940073
Im from portugal so we dont have mutch need for MBT
The only thing we have that are like and MBT are these light amoured Vehicles that we make called chaimites(pic related)and there were also the amoured vehicles with a 90mm cannon on them but i cant remember what they were called
>>
>>27940136
The chaimite has been replaced with the Pandur II.
>>
>>27940189
Sadly yes
>>
>>27940136
>portugal
>>
>>27940211
Why sadly?
>>
>>27940136
>portugalians and spanish acting like hot shit in deployments
>always imcompetent scrubs who know nothing but are treated like kings cause they control the mouth of mediterranian

You may have the latest and greatest tank that fights by itself. You're still gonna lose everything cause you're narcisstic pieces of shit who can't even read a map. Just like poles.
>>
Presumably your country only has tanks because America had leftovers and NATO could use a few more tanks to throw into the meat grinder if Ivan ever started pouring through the Fulda Gap.

But yeah, Leopards would be better for that.
>>
>>27940258
Calm down there kid you might cut your self on that edge
>>
>>27940258
Hey, the Polacks were solid. Were great at giving few fucks.
>>
>>27940234
Because its sad to see a sutch an icon of our armed forces, that served lots of men very well during the colonial war , get scraped and replace by foreign equipment
The chaimite was the last part of the portuguese armed forces that was 100% portuguese made
>>
>>27940324
The colonial war ended 40 years ago. How we kept and keep such an amount of ancient equipment both amazes and disturbs me.
>>
>>27940359
The chaimite was updated a few time since the war you do know that?
>>
>>27940359
Plus why fix whats isnt broken
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.