[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
range thread. who's been shooting this weekend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 11-19-2015_practice_01.jpg (416 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
11-19-2015_practice_01.jpg
416 KB, 1536x2048
I'm a bit out of practice.

COM group was done with a range rental Beretta 92 whose trigger kept failing to reset on the first try in SA. It also hit me in the face with ejected brass three times in 50 rounds.

Head shots were done with a Gen 4 Glock 17.

50 rounds in each group, both done very fast--well, as fast as they'd let me shoot at this indoor range, 2-3 rounds per second--at 21 feet, 7 yards.

I try to stage the Beretta's DA trigger, and try to hold it so that as the trigger pivots back in DA, my right index fingertip will touch the left side of the frame behind the trigger just before it fires. The Beretta's frame is just too fat, the factory grips are just too thick, for me to do it consistently, but maybe if I owned one and practiced with it I could do better. There are people who can pull a 12+ pound DA trigger straight through without the front sight coming off target, but I'm not one of them.

Anyway. Who else has been to the range?
>>
I was shooting better than ever before yesterday. 3-4 inch groups at 7 yards with my Glock 19. largest group was 5.5 when I was doing rapid fire. I usually shoot 5-7 inches.
>>
File: photo_1439575625564.jpg (3 MB, 2987x3473) Image search: [Google]
photo_1439575625564.jpg
3 MB, 2987x3473
>haven't had a chance to go in over a month

Feels pretty bad man. Thank fuck I have some days off coming up. Gonna go try out my new steel sillouette up against some real fuckin NATO.

Decent group by the way senpai
>>
>>27935401
That's not bad at all. Keep practicing.

Some people say that knowing how to "run" a DA/SA pistol, how to stage a DA trigger, how to "run" a revolver, are obsolete skills. I am personally of the opinion that these weapons are still so common that it's appropriate to know how to use them, even if my preferences run to single-action-only or striker-fired semiautos.
>>
>>27935419
Thanks.

Is that a PTR91 or an HK91?

I see sometimes that the Beretta can have problems with the trigger failing to reset in single action if the trigger return spring isn't put in just right during reassembly, if you detail strip it, or if the gun has seen thousands and thousands of rounds and the trigger return spring is getting worn.

I know that Wolff Gunsprings sells a coil-spring trigger return system they created for the INS that's supposed to drop into most M9 type pistols but I've never spoken to anyone that used one. Light SA triggers are great, unless they don't reset reliably.
>>
File: range3.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
range3.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>27935476
PTR, just an average poorfag
>>
>>27935486
ah. I notice you've got the metal gripframe and trigger group housing. How's the trigger?
>>
>>27935496
~14 lbs and a half mile deadzone. not amazing, or even good, but it has a decently crisp break. Probably gonna send it to Bill to be adjusted pretty soon.
>>
Ausfag here going through my 6 months of club-training before applying for my handgun license. Been to the range 2 days in a row for pistol and tomorrow I'm taking out the 223 for a stretch.

Got to see a Deagle in action today
>>
>>27935358
Going to the range after work with my new revolver. It's a used Taurus ultralite 815, I overpaid but I needed it now not next week, so I'm just going to make sure it groups at 25yds and the cylinder won't fall out if I use +p

Other than that I'll be shooting the usual pistols and the AR/AK
>>
I got to shoot some handguns for the first time ever yesterday.

Pic related, shot at 20m.

I think it isn't too bad, given that I was rapid-firing a fair bit of it and shooting one-handed for some of the rest.
>>
>>27937114
>20m
Fuck, meant to say 25m.
That's 82 feet for Amerifriends
>>
>>27937114
One or two handed?

And we know how far 25m is.
>>
>>27937141
Mostly two handed, but I played around with one-handed for 10 or 15 rounds.
>>
>>27937143
You look like you're tightening your grip before you break the shot. Is your left hand just kind of 'there'? You need to squeeze the front and back of the grip with your firi g hand in line with the trigger travel, and the sides with your other hand. About as hard as you'd grip a hammer when you swing it, consistent pressure, don't slack up or tighten up during the shot.

Focus on sight alignment, trigger control will follow.

>Seriously, look at your sights, that's the MOST important thing.

Good shooting for a first timer by the way.
>>
>>27935358
I went last Saturday. I tried out my new USP (used) and the +3 mag tube extension on my Stoeger 2000.

The USP45 cycled brass Federal 230gr bulk pack 100% and locked back the slide with all 4 of my magazines, even the 2 ProMags. Unfortunately I'm too used to GLOCK 21SF's grip angle so my groups were basketball sized at 25 ft.

The Stoeger used to kick the worst of all my shotguns before I added a muzzle brake, limbsaver and $2 in pennies wrapped in packing peanuts in the buttstock. It cycled Winchester Super x slugs and Remington sluggers but after the +3 Nordic mag tube it won't work with sluggers. Back to the workbench again for the kebab shotgun. Makes for a decent straight-pull bolt action, through. At least the TRS-25 Bushnell worked well, placing the slugs within 6" groups at 50'.
>>
>>27937171
>You look like you're tightening your grip before you break the shot. Is your left hand just kind of 'there'?
Wow, fuck - I think you're right.
No idea how you managed to figure that out, but thanks either way.
>>
>>27937184
I'm a pistol wizard, a sidearm sorcerer if you will.

No, but really, I just teach a LOT of friends and coworkers to shoot handguns, that's usually what the target looks like when they don't apply the non dominant hand until they anticipate recoil.

If you keep a firm hammer holding grip, front/back with your shooting hand, side/side with your non dominant hand, and focus on sight alignment (not sight picture, sight alignment) you'll improve drastically very fast.

Best of luck man, from an Ameribro.
>>
>>27937183
Congrats on the USP, ive wanted one for a while. And I love the kitchen table gunsmith shit on the shotgun.
>>
>>27937210
Thanks, I should have known better if a semiauto shotgun was under $400 that it would need work.

I picked up the USP 45 for $500 gently used with factory box sans mags hence the ProMags. I managed to score 2 factory mags for $30 each so that was cool.
>>
>>27935358
Just shot pellet rifles last weekend for about an hour with a lady friend.
No pics to post though, just a very ragged center of a piece of paper to show for it.
The weekend before we'd been shooting a psl and vz58 with a very young cousin of hers. He was like me when I was a kid, so we just blew some close-up gourd targets and he had fun digging up bullets and picking up casings for his collection.
>>
File: rapidfire.png (886 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
rapidfire.png
886 KB, 720x960
25 rounds rapid fire at 15 yards with a new gun (Tanfoglio T95), done today. It was a busy week for me, 3 visits to the range, shot 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62.
>>
>>27937141
>And we know how far 25m is.
Then why do you keep refusing to accept metric system?

>burgeria: -2.52
>intelligent world: 10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.