[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone on here cross eye dominant? What do you do to compensate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 17240_NpAdvHover.jpg (27 KB, 600x354) Image search: [Google]
17240_NpAdvHover.jpg
27 KB, 600x354
Is anyone on here cross eye dominant? What do you do to compensate for it with hand guns?
>>
>>27933820
My wife's one. Right-handed, but left-eye is dominating. She just fires everything like a leftie, and it seems to work fine.
>>
>>27933820

3 of the last 5 people Ive taught to shoot ended up being cross eye. Its not such a big deal for handguns because you can adjust your head behind the sights. But for rifles you just need to bite the bullet and learn to shoot leftie because of stocks.
>>
>>27933820
I'm cross eye dominant. I shoot rifles lefty, and handguns i just shift the gun over and use my let eye, but hold them normally apart from that.
>>
>>27933820
move the gun over half an inch. rifles is where it sucks.
>>
Left eye dominant but I do everything righty including shooting. Never had a problem. It's a bonus cause I keep my left eye open while shooting and look for/acquire targets while keeping my right eye on the target
>>
>>27933820
Cross dominant here..

At first, I'd find myself tilting my pistols 5-10 degrees towards my left eye to compensate, it worked out fine for a while, I was reasonably accurate (enough for my local IDPA faggots), then I started covering my dominant eye with a corner of the paper target, to force my left eye to work... now I just shoot with both eyes open, and it works for me..

Rifles for some reason, I'm just right eye dominant, it's normal (for me)... till I got into both eyes, and now, it's so much better..
>>
>>27933820
Just do what Nicholas Cage did in Firebirds.
>>
>>27933820

Hold it a little to the left.

I shoot just fine.
>>
Right hand dominate, SUPER left eye dominate

>hold rifles lefty
>just shift handgun over like an inch with handguns

I've practiced enough to where holding a rifle feels natural either way.
>>
>>27933820

Handguns are easy, just hold it to the left like above says.

Rifles were harder to get used to. With enough practice, I can shoot right handed pretty easily. Left handed came more naturally with vision, but was harder to learn mechanically.

Plus side is that I can shoot either strong or weak side equally well (or equally poorly, as I'm an average marksman if I'm being honest with myself)
>>
>>27934044
I must add though that I have really bad astigmatism or something because I can't focus on sights with both eyes open. I have to close one eye, even with red dots.
>>
Just train yourself to be the eye you want dominate. Eye dominance isn't something thats set in stone.
>>
File: 1435056707221.gif (961 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1435056707221.gif
961 KB, 400x225
>>27933820

:)
>>
File: 1447977688906.jpg (678 KB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
1447977688906.jpg
678 KB, 2400x3600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s

follow papa miculeks advice. bring the gun to your eye. im right handed and left eye dominant. but i shoot rifles normally.
>>
>>27933820
tilt the weapon slightly toward your dominate eye side.
>>
File: 1425168837039.jpg (186 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1425168837039.jpg
186 KB, 960x960
>>27933820
Nothing at all for handguns shooting righty. I kind of like having cross dom because I can have my rifle slung on my left with my hand gun drawn on the right without either being in the way of one another.
>>
>>27933820

I'm left handed and right eye dominant. Practice both.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.