[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you answer your door with a gun in your hand? How wise would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1447732639807.gif (1 MB, 305x360) Image search: [Google]
1447732639807.gif
1 MB, 305x360
Do you answer your door with a gun in your hand? How wise would this be?

When do you grab your weapon if your hear a disturbance outside? Is it legal to carry your weapon outside?
>>
>>27932832

I live in kindof a rough part of town and also my apartment door is pretty much right off the street and lives into my living room. Am I allowed to carry my firearm outside or wherever I want so long as i don't point it at anyone?
>>
last bump before i let it die
>>
>>27932832
Concealed carry bro. Don't just sperg out with a gun in your hand because the UPS guy is dropping off junk you ordered from Amazon.

Pic very related.
>>
>>27932832
Get a concealed carry if you're worried outside your home. Switch to an owb when at home since you can do what you want inside. Answer door with chain in, hand on peice, body bladed away from opening after looking through eyehole. Keep it holstered and be ready to back up and draw if fuckery occurs.

This assumes you own a pistol, live in America and face real potential assault/robbery/home invasion where you are. And aren't a fucking sperg.
>>
I live far enough out of town that nobody comes to my door unless they call in advance or I invite them. If I look through the peep hole and it isn't just someone I know showing up unannounced or a neighbor stopping by then yeah I answer with a gun on my hip. Nobody has any business being this far out of town and knocking around unless it's an emergency or they're lost, or they're out looking for trouble.

tl;dr if I don't recognize you through the peep hole then I'll be armed
>>
>>27933488
I should add that it's obvious if it's UPS/ USPS/FedEx due to the uniform and truck in my driveway so I don't really bother having a gun on my hip if it's just a delivery guy
>>
>>27932832
Yup. Apartment is in a bad neighborhood.
I just open the door a bit, heel planted on the ground against the back of the door so it'd hard to force open further. Right hand with gun is behind the door out of sight.

That's if I don't know someone or wasn't expecting anyone.

Yes it's legal, I'm in AZ.
>>
File: 1444712200006.jpg (28 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1444712200006.jpg
28 KB, 500x280
>>27932832

Freedom is coincidental until challenged. When you need freedom, it doesn't matter whether it is granted. Carry your weapon and know you are righteous to defend liberty from those who would take it from you. A life without freedom is a life not mine while i live. The life without freedom is no life worth living.
>>
>>27932832
I have no reason to answer the door, if I'm not expecting a person, or a package, so no I don't do anything. I don't grab a weapon unless the disturbance is because someone's breaking in, which has never happened.
>>
>>27933513
>it's just a delivery guy
>I trust everyone in a uniform.
>>
ITT: the people who inhabit this board
>>
>>27933629
Yep, might be Agent 47 in disguise. Better answer the door with AR in hand and subject all UPS guys to a strip search at the door.
>>
Don't you faggots have peepholes or windows you can look out so you know who is at the door before you open it? Jesus fucking christ…
>>
>>27933767
Spotted the city girl
sorry to tell you this, goyim, but people have been impersonating police, delivery men, post workers, for decades.
>>
>>27932832
Maybe don't be a faggot ass frog poster and I'll answer your question.
>>
>>27933815 This

Where the fuck do these people live where the UPS guy actually knocks and waits on a signature?
>>
>>27933927
Once a UPS guy waited for my signature, i told him to fuck off through a crack in my door. I know he had my package, but i said it out of merit.
>>
>>27932832
>Is it legal to carry your weapon outside?
Must be from Europe.
>>
>>27933980
You'd be surprised how little knowledge no-guns have. I've been told more than once hollow points are illegal.
>>
I answer with the gun pointed behind the door and my head leaning out.
>>
>>27933927
>Where the fuck do these people live where the UPS guy actually knocks and waits on a signature?
If I'm getting a gun or alcohol shipped to me, always. Everything else they practically run away. Even if I'm expecting it I'm always off put by seeing a delivery guy waiting for me.
>>
>>27933927
fucking hemet

elsinore

fucking LA n shit nigga

just cause they dont do it near where you live doesnt mean it never happens you fucking faggotting faggot
>>
and yes, if im not expecting anyone or if its late ill lean a shotgun or what ever is out behind my bedroom door and answer with my deagle or px4
>>
File: IAMTHELAW.jpg (297 KB, 1000x999) Image search: [Google]
IAMTHELAW.jpg
297 KB, 1000x999
heres what you risk :

pointing a gun at someone : Deadly Conduct

Threatening to shoot someone: Threats, Terroristic threats, ect

Shooting someone: civil law suits, Murder, attempted murder, ect

Causing a disturbance: it is what it is.

Brandishing

The best advice i can give you is keep it concealed and pointed away from the person. answering the door with a gun in a holster is a safer bet than opening it with the gun in hand. You should only be drawing , when you feel your life IS in fact in IMMEDIATE danger, this has to be proven in court. If you simply could have solved the issue by closing the door and instead elected to escalate the problem by drawing, well good fucking luck to you. Equally i should add that by communicating a threat, such a racking a shotgun, will equally get you in the shit storm of legal woe.

My last bit of advice is that legal clients are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world , and they only get dumber under stress. Do not for ANY reason think you know more about the law than a police officer, attorney or judge unless you do this shit EVERY FUCKING DAY for a living.
go write down some gun lawyers numbers , you can ask the NRA for some, write them down and put them in your wallet. AFTER a shooting SHUT THE FUCK UP. you talk to no one EXCEPT your attorney. That means NO on the scene statements, not a word to the cops, dont talk to your family about it, wait until AFTER you FIRST talk with your attorney. The police will pressure you into saying something, you dont have to, just say "id like to talk to my attorney"

GOOD LUCK YOU FUCKERS
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.