[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predictable accidental shootings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: idiots-with-guns-26.jpg (24 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
idiots-with-guns-26.jpg
24 KB, 500x360
>Be me
>Watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMO_Hi-uA-s

I can see a pattern, here. Most of these are "minor accidents" (most ppl on Youtube survived their idiociy, it seems). Yet, a "minor accident" is something that could have been a tragedy.

The pattern I want to highlight is the following one:
- There is usually: 1 or 2 dudes who love guns, and 1 or more gun noobs (usually 2+).
- The alleged gun-expert dudes take the noobs to the countryside or to the firing range to "show 'em"
- Usually, it's women who do the goofs, because the gun dude is so obsessed with impressing them that they fail to provide safe instructions or environment
- Even when safety instructions are provided, the noob (or the chick) is so excited or overwhelmed by her hilarity that she is not clearly doing what she's just been told
- Moreover, these noobs or chicks are allowed to shoot their first on their own, without somebody holding their hands, etc.
- Everything usually occurs among the general laughter, with the party surrounded by a light-hearted atmosphere.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't be the one who introduce your loved ones to shooting.
And I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy yourself.
However, it seems that if accidents occur on a planned shooting trip that involves noobs, they will occur even more likely if somebody starts pulling out guns at a BBQ or drinking party, especially if such party has not been designed as a gun event, but is just your average backyard BBQ when gun-dude suddenly decides it's time to have some fun shooting at bottles.
Then everybody (even the no-gunz or the serendipitous chicks) go yelling: "let me try! Let me try!".
Come on... once you've pulled it out in front of 10+ people you will feel socially compelled to let everyone try -- even those whom you don't trust because, hey, everybody must have a go with the cannon.
>>
>>27929470
[cont'd]

That's why I fucking hate being invited to BBQs and then suddenly somebody thinks it's funny to start shooting at things.

They didn't inform me they were going to use guns at the party. I didn't take my own with me, nor ear protection, etc. And as I have ear problems, I fucking hate being involved in this shit without no previous warning or a RSVP request.

I really fucking hate when it happens because you can tell some idiots is gonna do something nuts even though you warn them, etc... and you always end up being the one who acts grumpy until something actually happens. Then you become the "I told you" guy.

I simply don't want to be involved in this without previous warning. Things have gone well 10 out of 10, but I don't wanna be there the day it will go wrong 1/100.
>>
>>27929490
Stop being a faggot. It's fun to shoot things, if you're too obsessed with cultivating twat perls in your mangina, walk away instead of bitching up your friends good time.
>>
>>27929765
YEAH! Being safe and responsible with guns is not cool!
>>
>>27929765
>Stop being a faggot. It's fun to shoot things, if you're too obsessed with cultivating twat perls in your mangina, walk away instead of bitching up your friends good time.
Motherfucker detected.

I usually walk away and never pick a fight with my acquaintances.

I have just said that IF you raise an issue, then they're gonna complain you are being grumpy and ruining the party.

So do not make assumptions on me. You're surely one of those who go around and gives their 3-years old son a gun just for fun.

Aw, well, maybe not. Maybe you're just a virgin faggot.
>>
>>27929470

a lot of these accidents don't see like they were user error. I mean, 80 percent of them do, but i hate to lump everyone in this video into that category.
>>
>>27929470
there is only one assumption to make when handling, being near someone handling a gun:

a magic bullet will materialize when you're not looking, even if you checked the gun and it hasn't left your hand.

Also, always visually confirm, then fingerfuck the chamber, check again visually.

Only one assumption: the gun is always loaded and pointed at your dick.
>>
>>27930146
You're right, I guess.
Some people had issues with their rounds.
Others looked like legit shooters who tried different rounds and got a jamming issue or I don't know.
>>27930186
>a magic bullet will materialize when you're not looking, even if you checked the gun and it hasn't left your hand.
>Also, always visually confirm, then fingerfuck the chamber, check again visually.
>Only one assumption: the gun is always loaded and pointed at your dick.
I learnt from /k/ that the "always loaded" argument is bullshit if you have the gun in your hand and know you have unloaded it and checked the chamber and it was empty.

So, I agree that you have to manually fingerfuck the chamber to be sure.

But once you're sure, the always-loaded doctrine is put to the side.
>>
>>27929490
>>27929470
>>27929490
You must know where you came to say this and the responses you'll get but I agree with you OP. All it does is add fuel to the antigun movement. "Look they obviously can't handle the weapon so they should be banned".
>>
>>27929470
Moral of the story

>don't give guns to people who can't shoot them
>use your safety for its intended purpose
>don't buy glocks
>>
>>27930424
>>don't buy glocks
You lost me on this one.
Are glocks THAT bad?
>>
>>27930448
Bump for answer.
>>
>>27930448
Really? You must be fucking new. Or trolling. Nothing wrong with glock.
>>
>>27930270
The always loaded mantra, as youve said, does take a backseat if you unloaded correctly and the gun never leaves your hand. But i see it more as positive habit forming. when you get too complacent and lazy, the worst thing is an accident, whereas if you had a habit of checking a lot, the worst thing is you waste time and possibly annoy other people.
>>
>>27930614
>Really? You must be fucking new. Or trolling. Nothing wrong with glock.
1. I'm new.
2. If there's nothing wrong with glock, why >>27930424 says "don't buy glocks"?

If this was a /k/ related joke, I didn't get it.
>>
>>27930700
Thanks anon.
>>
>>27929490

That's why I'm anti-social and when people invite me to go shooting with them I usually decline and shoot alone whenever possible.
>>
>>27930710

about half of /k/ loves to say glocks suck because they arent pretty enough for their collection, or because "plastic" is somehow inferior to wood
>>
>>27930714
I wish there were stats that analysed if there is a correlation between shooting accidents, number of people involved, and if there was a camera with somebody filming when the accident happened.
>>
>>27930710
The Gen1 .40 Glock had less chamber support than the newer models, so when reloaders put their P+ stuff in the gun would explode. It was only that single model but the meme persists because glock fanbois are ridiculously easy to troll. The guns are perfectly fine.
>>
>>27930724
Thanks.
>>
>>27930725

I've even stopped going to public ranges that don't have range officers. Been swept too many times by fucking idiots who are too stupid and careless to keep their gun pointed downrange. I'd like to have some land where I can shoot on by myself but I'm a poorfag living innacity and that's just not possible right now.
>>
>>27930773
Don't you have some pals you trust in the community and that would make shooting worth teaming up together?
>>
File: DSC_0275re-vi.jpg (71 KB, 800x408) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0275re-vi.jpg
71 KB, 800x408
Another stupid shooting accident is bad reloading, or using ammo loaded for modern rifles in older rifles. You'll see a lot of blow up pictures online followed by comments like "double charge of powder" or "custom formula".
>>
>>27930729
I think he was more referring to the Glock-leg phenomenon because light(ish) single-action triggers (inb4 safe-action bullshit) triggers and no safety means idiots shoot themselves when carrying without a holster\ rehostering\ fucking around too much.

Also having to pull the trigger to disassemble is dumb.

Glocks really are kind of shitty choices overall, but they work, so whatever, there are trade offs with any gun.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.